British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/timeline-fsw-application-cio-sydney-ns-621358/)

Flyingscottie Aug 16th 2009 7:02 pm

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by shishinfo (Post 7827195)
I sent my application by Parcel Force to CIO, Sydney, Nova Scotia on 16th June. I tracked on the Parcel Force website and discovered that they received it on 22nd June. This is 9th August - 6 weeks have already elapsed since they received it, still no 'acknowledgement' from their side. I will wait till the end of 8th week and if I do not hear till then, I will call them up!:frown:

It took 4 months for us to get a response from Sydney!

Des and Chris Aug 18th 2009 10:59 am

Originally Posted by shishinfo (Post 7827195)
I sent my application by Parcel Force to CIO, Sydney, Nova Scotia on 16th June. I tracked on the Parcel Force website and discovered that they received it on 22nd June. This is 9th August - 6 weeks have already elapsed since they received it, still no 'acknowledgement' from their side. I will wait till the end of 8th week and if I do not hear till then, I will call them up!:frown:

We sent ours same day......not heard anything yet, although we do know our draft was cashed first week in august, although that does not mean anything I guess!

Martin99 Aug 18th 2009 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by Des and Chris (Post 7853069)
We sent ours same day......not heard anything yet, although we do know our draft was cashed first week in august, although that does not mean anything I guess!

My guess is that you will hear in the next week, given my timeline. I am dropping my complete package of documents off at the CHC tomorrow.

zippadydoda Aug 21st 2009 5:26 am

Just a quick update for those of you who have been following this post. My OH was offered a job today , having successfully passed two interviews. Of course whilst this is fantastic news, it's only half the battle!!! Now need to get positive LMO!!!!!!!!:eek:

Still not heard anything from CIO, been 11 weeks now. :unsure:

Martin99 Aug 21st 2009 7:36 am

Originally Posted by zippadydoda (Post 7862925)
Just a quick update for those of you who have been following this post. My OH was offered a job today , having successfully passed two interviews. Of course whilst this is fantastic news, it's only half the battle!!! Now need to get positive LMO!!!!!!!!:eek:

Still not heard anything from CIO, been 11 weeks now. :unsure:

Congratulations!

kateodonnell Aug 21st 2009 8:56 am

hello, we have just received our email confirmation a week ago, we send forms to Sydney 28th May. Dont forget to take copies of your forms, you will have to submit them all again when the email comes through to submit app to London.

Kate x

Martin99 Aug 21st 2009 10:02 am

Originally Posted by kateodonnell (Post 7863296)
hello, we have just received our email confirmation a week ago, we send forms to Sydney 28th May. Dont forget to take copies of your forms, you will have to submit them all again when the email comes through to submit app to London.

Kate x

Hi Kate

When do you aim to send the complete pack to the CHC?

Cheers

Martin

burton bunch Aug 21st 2009 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 7863392)
Hi Kate

When do you aim to send the complete pack to the CHC?

Cheers

Martin

Mine is going this weekend.

samjr400 Aug 21st 2009 7:49 pm

feelin a bit frustrated with this immigration malarky! received a verbal confirmation from Sydney that our application was approved, was told written confirmation would follow, and that they had found our lost forms -still not got the written confirmation and have now only been waiting since Feb - aaarrggghhhhh.

Feeling left behind as we see lots of application after ours was sumbitted but positive outcome

purple80 Aug 22nd 2009 12:33 am

Originally Posted by burton bunch (Post 7864773)

Well done Gaynor!

Originally Posted by samjr400 (Post 7865056)
feelin a bit frustrated with this immigration malarky! received a verbal confirmation from Sydney that our application was approved, was told written confirmation would follow, and that they had found our lost forms -still not got the written confirmation and have now only been waiting since Feb - aaarrggghhhhh.

Feeling left behind as we see lots of application after ours was sumbitted but positive outcome

Hope things improve for you, it all seems like really hard work at times.............

Martin99 Aug 22nd 2009 11:39 am

Originally Posted by burton bunch (Post 7864773)

Get them filed before the autumn rush!

Good luck. Keep us posted with your progress.

Martin

Martin99 Aug 22nd 2009 11:41 am

Originally Posted by samjr400 (Post 7865056)

If you have proof that they have cashed your payment, is it worth sending them another copy of the paperwork with a covering letter? You have probably thought of this already.

Glam Aug 24th 2009 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 7780406)
Just found out that they cashed my draft on 16 July. At least that means they are not sending it back!

Got my 120 day email today....not bad under 2 months from receipt of application.

Better get my finger out now !!!

By the looks of the letter they're looking for the same info that was sent in the original application + photo's

Can anyone shed some light on this

Gav.

burton bunch Aug 24th 2009 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by Glam (Post 7872140)
Got my 120 day email today....not bad under 2 months from receipt of application.

Better get my finger out now !!!

By the looks of the letter they're looking for the same info that was sent in the original application + photo's

Can anyone shed some light on this

Gav.

Hi Gav

Yep you are right - they want the same forms which you originally sent in.

kateodonnell Aug 25th 2009 7:36 am

Forms given to London on the 11th by Hand, returned on Saturday , with a query over the fee we paid so off again today!!! DO they not know how to send emails to ask questions, why do they feel the need to return every flipping bit of paper !! its so frustrating ....