British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/timeline-fsw-application-cio-sydney-ns-621358/)

gryphea Nov 10th 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by burton bunch (Post 8085315)
As Phil works for a large firm of Accountants - they always have resumes of people wanting to join the company therefore unable to prove need for a foreign worker :( (Was originally recruited by a small firm who merged with a larger firm)

IS there not a valid argument that they don't want people fresh to the firm they need people with experience of the firm? Can they not write job description to match him perfectly?

Gryph

purple80 Nov 10th 2009 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by burton bunch (Post 8086108)

Timelines of 4 months or so to get the PNP certificate will not help us :( as we havent got that long

What is Plan B? I guess all you can do is cross your fingers? This process has us by the short and curlies so to speak, it would be so much easier if things did not keep changing, if only fast track had not ended, we would both have PR by now!

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 8086499)
Just checked ECAS and CHC has now started processing my application! :D

The exact wording on ECAS is now:

"Your application was reviewed and we started processing on November 2, 2009."

Fingers crossed that it all goes smoothly.

Cheers

Martin

Congratulations, seemed to take forever...

Bibendum Nov 10th 2009 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 8087024)
Thanks, Gaz. It was just that your signature indicated that it may not yet have been sent/received. Sorry for the confusion!

Cheers

Martin

Congratulations!, fingers crossed I haven't screwed up the form again.

burton bunch Nov 10th 2009 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by gryphea (Post 8087059)
IS there not a valid argument that they don't want people fresh to the firm they need people with experience of the firm? Can they not write job description to match him perfectly?

Gryph

Nope and Nope :(

burton bunch Nov 10th 2009 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by purple80 (Post 8087262)
What is Plan B? I guess all you can do is cross your fingers? This process has us by the short and curlies so to speak, it would be so much easier if things did not keep changing, if only fast track had not ended, we would both have PR by now!

Plan B is to get a job where we can LMO for me - am a Food and Beverage Manager skill level O so would still be good for Phil to have a SOWP.

Plan C is to get accepted onto a college course and apply for Study Permit

Lisa_W Nov 10th 2009 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by gryphea (Post 8085390)
Didn't think you needed an LMO for renewal of permit. Also can't you apply anytime for renewal up until the end date and then you are allowed to work in said job on implied status until they either refuse the permit or grant a new one? I beleive that process can take some time in Alberta- by which time you then get PR?

Apparently a couple of the engineers who came over with the first "Engineer your Career" recruitment and who have not yet got PR, had problems earlier this year when it came to renewing their work permits, because Service Canada wouldn't issue new LMOs.

burton bunch Nov 10th 2009 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by Lisa_W (Post 8087408)
Apparently a couple of the engineers who came over with the first "Engineer your Career" recruitment and who have not yet got PR, had problems earlier this year when it came to renewing their work permits, because Service Canada wouldn't issue new LMOs.

Do you know what they had to do ??

Martin99 Nov 10th 2009 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by purple80 (Post 8087262)

Congratulations, seemed to take forever...

Thanks, Charlie.

It did seem to take a while. Your med requests came out very quickly, I seem to remember.

Cheers

Martin

Lisa_W Nov 10th 2009 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by burton bunch (Post 8087413)
Do you know what they had to do ??

Not sure but can ask Darren tonight. Think it did all get sorted in the end as they are still here as far as I am aware. Just know they had problems.

burton bunch Nov 10th 2009 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by Lisa_W (Post 8087455)
Not sure but can ask Darren tonight. Think it did all get sorted in the end as they are still here as far as I am aware. Just know they had problems.

just let me know

purple80 Nov 10th 2009 5:12 pm

Medical results are on their way to UK, just checked UPS......
Their journey so far, and yes I am sad....This is hopefully the final piece of information to be sent, unless something has come up in the medicals. :ohmy:

PHILADELPHIA, PA, US
10/11/2009 8:28 DEPARTURE SCAN
10/11/2009 5:57 ARRIVAL SCAN

LOUISVILLE, KY, US
10/11/2009 4:26 DEPARTURE SCAN
10/11/2009 0:35 ARRIVAL SCAN

MISSISSAUGA, ON, CA
09/11/2009 22:56 DEPARTURE SCAN
09/11/2009 21:57 EXPORT SCAN
09/11/2009 21:51 ARRIVAL SCAN
09/11/2009 21:50 DEPARTURE SCAN
09/11/2009 21:47 ORIGIN SCAN

CA
09/11/2009 18:49 BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

humanist Nov 10th 2009 6:54 pm

Hmmmm, I wonder why they haven't started processing my case.

It's frustrating when you get leapfrogged by other people in the same timeline! <sigh>

burton bunch Nov 10th 2009 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by humanist (Post 8088029)
Hmmmm, I wonder why they haven't started processing my case.

It's frustrating when you get leapfrogged by other people in the same timeline! <sigh>

Yeah I know but we are all still the same boat :( and all as happy for each other when each other get PPR etc.

Keep Smiling :D

LinsyPinsy Nov 10th 2009 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by Miss Clinque (Post 8084360)
Let me know if it has been cashed, we shouldnt be far behind you. Nail biting stuff isnt it? and we have only just started!! What will we be like by the time we get to the CIC London stage - alcholic and we will fail the medical :rofl:

Hahaha.
Miss clinique...are you in Canada now? We're in 'sunny' Scotland and are applying from the UK.I'm not sure if the timeline is the same if you are in UK or Canada.

Mmm, is there anyone who is applying from the UK thro FSW? We were planning to get all our papers through and find employment once we are over or at least get a few leads for jobs prior to moving.

Bali2010 Nov 10th 2009 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy (Post 8088118)
Hahaha.
Miss clinique...are you in Canada now? We're in 'sunny' Scotland and are applying from the UK.I'm not sure if the timeline is the same if you are in UK or Canada.

Mmm, is there anyone who is applying from the UK thro FSW? We were planning to get all our papers through and find employment once we are over or at least get a few leads for jobs prior to moving.

Hello

I'm not sure either if the timeline for those in Canada is any different to those still in UK.
I'm FSW1 sent to CIO Oct 09 and still in UK - more detail below & I think Bibendum might be applying from UK too on a similar timeline.

I'm planning a job / house reccie next spring (been holidaying for a few years but no determined job hunt), if it looks dire on the job front but still get PR then I might take a little longer to actually move - a bit more time to save a nest egg.

:)