British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/timeline-fsw-application-cio-sydney-ns-621358/)

syedozy Nov 2nd 2009 12:07 am

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by julietaba (Post 8056786)
No problem, did you manage to get through?
Julie

Yes. That was gr8 experience. Cheers for that..

Martin99 Nov 2nd 2009 11:49 am

Originally Posted by Bibendum (Post 8062189)
Just thought I would message in here as a result of another thread I put up.

We are an Mechanical Engineer and a Doctor hopefully moving to Canada ASAP! ReSubmitted our documents after having the originals returned - I left a space blank (oops!).

Sent away 8 October 2009
Received in Sydney 15 October 2009.

Fingers Crossed, I have started to get my other docs in order on the advice of others.

Thanks

Bib

Thanks for joining this thread, Bib. You may want to put your timeline details into your signature as this keeps everyone up to date on dates etc.

Cheers

Martin

Martin99 Nov 2nd 2009 11:51 am

Originally Posted by Miss Clinque (Post 8062555)
Hi

Does any one know which date recieved Sydney is working on at the moment? Ours arrived on 1st Oct I suppose I am being a bit optomistic in thinking our turn might be coming soon :rofl:

They appear to be taking about two months to acknowledge receipt at the moment. Keep an eye on your email in-box and spam folder!

Cheers

Martin

burton bunch Nov 2nd 2009 7:14 pm

Status changed to acknowledge receipt of supporting documents at London England - soooooooooo freaking happy :thumbsup:

Anyone know how long my meds will be now :confused:

chanceUK Nov 2nd 2009 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by burton bunch (Post 8065231)
Status changed to acknowledge receipt of supporting documents at London England - soooooooooo freaking happy :thumbsup:

I guess that depends more on the postal strikes than anything else!

joinerboy Nov 2nd 2009 7:24 pm

Hi burton bunch
When my ecas changed to ' reviewed and processing started on ........ '
it was 8 weeks after this i received my medical request.
Some people never see any changes to their ecas other have so it can really only be a rough guide .
Hope this helps
regards
Joinerboy:)

Miss Clinique Nov 2nd 2009 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 8064300)
They appear to be taking about two months to acknowledge receipt at the moment. Keep an eye on your email in-box and spam folder!

Cheers

Martin

Thanks Martin :thumbup:

Martin99 Nov 3rd 2009 7:23 am

Good news. At least you know that they now have everything.

Cheers

Martin

daisychain Nov 3rd 2009 8:26 am

Our ecas said reviewed and started processing July 14th we are still waiting for meds request, just hope its not lost somewhere in the abyss!! I presume once it says reviewed and started processing it means you have got through the points tally etc and you should get the meds?

Good luck everyone

Martin99 Nov 3rd 2009 10:27 am

Originally Posted by daisychain (Post 8066656)
Our ecas said reviewed and started processing July 14th we are still waiting for meds request, just hope its not lost somewhere in the abyss!! I presume once it says reviewed and started processing it means you have got through the points tally etc and you should get the meds?

Good luck everyone

That does seem slow. What category FSW are you? FSW2 applications appear to be moving faster that FSW1 and 3 at the moment.

Cheers

Martin

purple80 Nov 3rd 2009 11:50 am

8 weeks or so. Congtrats Gaynor, glad it is moving along.

Charlie

Martin99 Nov 3rd 2009 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by purple80 (Post 8067179)
8 weeks or so. Congtrats Gaynor, glad it is moving along.

Charlie

Hi Charlie

Still waiting for mine to start processing!

Cheers

Martin

daisychain Nov 3rd 2009 3:37 pm

We are FSW 1 application. Does anyone know if it says reviewed and started processing means we have got through the points and they are happy with the paperwork as what happened to spaceace is still praying on my mind?

Thanks

burton bunch Nov 3rd 2009 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by daisychain (Post 8067790)
We are FSW 1 application. Does anyone know if it says reviewed and started processing means we have got through the points and they are happy with the paperwork as what happened to spaceace is still praying on my mind?

Thanks

Doesnt Sydney NS check your eligibilty to apply ? If so I would have thought that they check the points you score

daisychain Nov 3rd 2009 4:11 pm

No I don't think they do, spaceace got all the way to submitting docs and waiting a couple of months after that I think until they told him he didn't have enough points. It is London that assess that side.