British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/timeline-fsw-application-cio-sydney-ns-621358/)

Miss Clinique Nov 30th 2009 9:18 pm

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by amrskipro (Post 8135874)
Forms sent - 22 Sep 09
Received (postal tracking) - 28 Sep 09
120 day letter received (by email) - 30 Nov 09 (acknowledging payment as at 16 Nov 09).
So just over two months from post to some kind of answer from CIO NS

Oh it was positive BTW so we are into the next stage - requesting police checks today so should be able to send the entire pack to CHC London (UK) in a couple of weeks.

Well done on getting to the next stage. :thumbup:

I have checked with the bank today and our draft has still not been cashed, hope that doesnt mean bad news.

Martin99 Dec 1st 2009 7:04 am

Originally Posted by Miss Clinique (Post 8136643)
Well done on getting to the next stage. :thumbup:

I have checked with the bank today and our draft has still not been cashed, hope that doesnt mean bad news.

It is still far too early to begin worrying. My guess is that you will hear before Christmas.

Cheers

Martin

GERA Dec 1st 2009 11:12 am

Just wanted to find out which applicants have recieved the initial response from CIC in Nova Scotia with file number in the past week?

purple80 Dec 1st 2009 11:57 am

Originally Posted by purple80 (Post 8132313)
Quick update, after galloping along at a silly rate things have ground to a halt.
We had our medicals and sent a letter with our RPRF, we know the medical results arrived but our banker draft has not been cashed.
I am worried that something is wrong either on medicals or security check, I have emailed CHC, but have heard nothing back yet.
So fingers crossed guys.

Charlie

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 8132771)
Charlie

I suspect it is just their slow, bureacratic process and nothing more. They seem to take ages cashing drafts.

Cheers
Martin :fingerscrossed:

We had a letter off CHC yesterday, suspected TB on me, I have have to have sputum smears and cultures for Mycobacterium Tuberculosis take on three consecutive days and incubated for 6 to 8 weeks, also need to repeat X ray on or after 20th January 2010.

Absolutely gutted, seriously doubt that it is TB more than anything is a serious delay in this process. Lots of research to do on this now, I know of a couple of posters on here who have had similar problems.

Good luck to everyone else!

Charlie

Miss Clinique Dec 1st 2009 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 8137680)
It is still far too early to begin worrying. My guess is that you will hear before Christmas.

Cheers

Martin

I hope so Martin, I am a nervous wreak already and its only the first round:rofl:

Thanks for your reply, I need some one to say it will be OK.

Miss Clinique Dec 1st 2009 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by purple80 (Post 8138374)

We had a letter off CHC yesterday, suspected TB on me, I have have to have sputum smears and cultures for Mycobacterium Tuberculosis take on three consecutive days and incubated for 6 to 8 weeks, also need to repeat X ray on or after 20th January 2010.

Absolutely gutted, seriously doubt that it is TB more than anything is a serious delay in this process. Lots of research to do on this now, I know of a couple of posters on here who have had similar problems.

Charlie

Sorry to hear about your letter. I am sure you will be fine, although I agree the delay must be very frustrating.

humanist Dec 1st 2009 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by Miss Clinique (Post 8138412)
I hope so Martin, I am a nervous wreak already and its only the first round:rofl:

Thanks for your reply, I need some one to say it will be OK.

I'll say it'll be ok! :thumbsup:

To be honest, I'm convinced that things have just ground to a halt on the run up to Xmas and things will pick up again in the New Year. I'm still waiting for my med request (hopefully!) and my work permit runs out in just over 1 month!

There was a real risk that I'd have to come back to the UK in January and say goodbye to my Canadian girlfriend of 7 months, but fortunately my company are extending my TWP by another year, hopefully giving me a chance to finally get my mythical PR card!

The key to this whole process is to do everything you can, then park it in the 'pending' part of your mind ....then get on with your life. It's easier said than done, but you just have to be patient and philosophical about the whole thing.

amrskipro Dec 1st 2009 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by GERA (Post 8138271)
Just wanted to find out which applicants have recieved the initial response from CIC in Nova Scotia with file number in the past week?

Gera

We received the email yesterday - acknowledging application, payment and giving us a file number and telling us to get our papers into CHC London (UK) - see timel line in signature.

Good luck

Miss Clinique Dec 1st 2009 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by humanist (Post 8138679)
I'll say it'll be ok! :thumbsup:

To be honest, I'm convinced that things have just ground to a halt on the run up to Xmas and things will pick up again in the New Year. I'm still waiting for my med request (hopefully!) and my work permit runs out in just over 1 month!

There was a real risk that I'd have to come back to the UK in January and say goodbye to my Canadian girlfriend of 7 months, but fortunately my company are extending my TWP by another year, hopefully giving me a chance to finally get my mythical PR card!

The key to this whole process is to do everything you can, then park it in the 'pending' part of your mind ....then get on with your life. It's easier said than done, but you just have to be patient and philosophical about the whole thing.

You are right I do have to be patient. As my old Mum says patients is a virtue.

samjr400 Dec 1st 2009 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by Miss Clinique (Post 8139213)
You are right I do have to be patient. As my old Mum says patients is a virtue.

We do have to be patient but it can be easier said than done with such a life changing decision. I am pleased we do not expect to hear anything now for 3-5 months at least me and my hubby can chill for a while:)

GERA Dec 2nd 2009 9:45 am

Originally Posted by amrskipro (Post 8138921)
Gera

We received the email yesterday - acknowledging application, payment and giving us a file number and telling us to get our papers into CHC London (UK) - see timel line in signature.

Good luck

Thanks for information....I geuss I must wait till January !!Hopefully I didnt make any more mistakes again

Martin99 Dec 2nd 2009 10:40 am

Originally Posted by purple80 (Post 8138374)

Charlie

Charlie

That is really bad news for you.

As you say, it is very unlikely to be TB and that it is the delay which is the real problem. Will you have to return to the UK or have you found a way to stay out there until the FSW process is finished? It may be worth taking some good advice.

Our medical results should go the CHC London next week so I will keep you posted.

Best wishes

Martin

Miss Clinique Dec 2nd 2009 11:52 am

Originally Posted by amrskipro (Post 8138921)
Gera

Good luck

Your app arrived in Sydney 2 days before ours, maybe, just maybe, we will hear very soon :fingerscrossed:

Lorna999 Dec 2nd 2009 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by Miss Clinique (Post 8141090)
Your app arrived in Sydney 2 days before ours, maybe, just maybe, we will hear very soon :fingerscrossed:

Hey... How's things... Have you heard anything about you bankers draft being cashed..? Ours still hasn't??:(
Lorna

Miss Clinique Dec 2nd 2009 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by Lorna999 (Post 8141435)
Hey... How's things... Have you heard anything about you bankers draft being cashed..? Ours still hasn't??:(
Lorna

No. I checked again yesterday and still not been cashed. I am off to UK tomorrow for a week and wont be able to check :( but will watching my emails just in case.