British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/timeline-fsw-application-cio-sydney-ns-621358/)

Lorna999 Jan 7th 2010 4:37 pm

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 8226430)
Dropped off our passports at CHC London this afternoon. It was cold stood outside in the line. Good practice for Canada, I guess! Hopefully, when I return to collect them in two weeks they will have something rather interesting stamped inside!!! :fingerscrossed:

Cheers

Martin

how exciting.... we will all be green with envy! You need to post a photo of it so we can all drool over it:thumbsup:

purple80 Jan 7th 2010 4:52 pm

Dropped off our passports at CHC London this afternoon. It was cold stood outside in the line. Good practice for Canada, I guess! Hopefully, when I return to collect them in two weeks they will have something rather interesting stamped inside!!! :fingerscrossed:

Cheers

Martin

Congratulations Martin :thumbsup::thumbsup:

StopTheClocks Jan 7th 2010 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by purple80 (Post 8226088)

It is best to check ECAS on Wednesday as they update ECAS (allegedly) on a Tuesday, you will find as the process goes on that you sway between checking ECAS 10 times a day, and giving up completely, this is normal.Charlie

Hi Charlie!
Thanks
Can you send me a link for this website?
Ive never heard of it...
cheers!!

;)

chanceUK Jan 7th 2010 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by StopTheClocks (Post 8226558)
Hi Charlie!
Thanks
Can you send me a link for this website?
Ive never heard of it...
cheers!!

;)

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=ecas&lang=en

StopTheClocks Jan 7th 2010 5:45 pm

Thanks so much!!

I checked online and it says this at the moment..

Permanent Residence
We received your application for permanent residence on September 2, 2009.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on October 28, 2009. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us

I guess they haven’t opened my application yet which we delivered on 17th December…

;(

Should I contact them?

Thanks guys...

Much appreciated!

chanceUK Jan 7th 2010 5:52 pm

they didnt update my status online to say that they had received my application untill I received my AOR in the post 2 months later. I knew they had received it because i hand delivered it myself.

It is likely that they received your application but it is stuck on the bottom of a pile unopened and has not been assigned a new file no. yet. you may not hear anything more till feb/march

StopTheClocks Jan 7th 2010 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by chanceUK (Post 8226654)
they didnt update my status online to say that they had received my application untill I received my AOR in the post 2 months later. I knew they had received it because i hand delivered it myself.

It is likely that they received your application but it is stuck on the bottom of a pile unopened and has not been assigned a new file no. yet. you may not hear anything more till feb/march

Ahhh what would I do without you guys!!
Thanks so much for the quick response!!!
Mine was also hand delivered so they definitely got mine too… I guess ill just wait until Feb/March to hear something from them..
Thanks so much!

LinsyPinsy Jan 7th 2010 6:11 pm

Cheers

Martin

Great news Martin,
Your timeline is what we all aspire to!!!
linsy

Gaz67 Jan 7th 2010 9:01 pm

Cheers

Martin

Gratz mate :) fantastic times :) when are you hoping to go once you get the nod??

Gaz

Wags18uk Jan 8th 2010 7:37 am

Hi Martin,

Must have been in the same que as you!! It was cold though wasn't it!! See you in two weeks to collect those lovely visas!! :eek:

Cheers

Mark

Martin99 Jan 8th 2010 10:39 am

Originally Posted by Lorna999 (Post 8226452)
how exciting.... we will all be green with envy! You need to post a photo of it so we can all drool over it:thumbsup:

What a good idea, Lorna. I will try to do that.

Cheers

Martin

Martin99 Jan 8th 2010 10:42 am

Originally Posted by purple80 (Post 8226490)
Congratulations Martin :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy (Post 8226708)
Great news Martin,
Your timeline is what we all aspire to!!!
linsy

Thanks, Charlie and Linsy. We are not quite there yet, but very close! My wife and I are somewhat taken aback by the speed of the new process.

Cheers

Martin

Martin99 Jan 8th 2010 10:44 am

Originally Posted by Gaz67 (Post 8227194)
Gratz mate :) fantastic times :) when are you hoping to go once you get the nod??

Gaz

Gaz, we plan to land next summer and have a holiday over there. After that we will come back to settle matters in the UK first. House to sell etc etc.....

Cheers

Martin

Martin99 Jan 8th 2010 10:45 am

Originally Posted by Wags18uk (Post 8228319)
Hi Martin,

Must have been in the same que as you!! It was cold though wasn't it!! See you in two weeks to collect those lovely visas!! :eek:

Cheers

Mark

Mark, small world!

I will look out for you on the 21st. Let's wear red carnations so we recognise each other. ;)

Cheers

Martin

Gaz67 Jan 8th 2010 11:51 am

Originally Posted by Wags18uk (Post 8228319)
Hi Martin,

Cheers

Mark

Congratz to you as well Mark , when you off to land and live there yourselves!! :)

Gaz