British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/timeline-fsw-application-cio-sydney-ns-621358/)

Gaz67 Dec 23rd 2009 8:03 pm

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by stokesey (Post 8194012)
Received 120 day letter today. What a relief!!

Happy Xmas everyone...

Gratz Mate
:thumbup:

StopTheClocks Dec 23rd 2009 8:28 pm

Happy Xmas everyone...

Merry Xmas!!

Is the date correct in your signature ;P

stokesey Dec 23rd 2009 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by StopTheClocks (Post 8194484)
Merry Xmas!!

Is the date correct in your signature ;P

Nope, but it is now..... Must have been the excitement of passing stage 1!!

Thanks for correcting me! :)

EVA3695 Dec 23rd 2009 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by EVA3695 (Post 8174783)
Just a quick update.
Checked my E-cas status yesterday and it now says

We received your application for permanent residence on April 27, 2009.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on June 12, 2009. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application and supporting documents were received by the London England office. They are pending review.

We transferred your application to the London England office on June 17, 2009. The London England office may contact you.

Your application was reviewed and we started processing on September 28, 2009.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

We posted off our passports just over 3 weeks ago, so I am keeping my fingers crossed they come back this week......who knows with the Christmas Post though!!! :fingerscrossed:

Our passports came back from the UK yesterday nearly 5 weeks after posting them off to London and today 23rd Dec 2009 we 'landed'!
We had a quick trip down to the States for some last minute Christmas shopping and then landed on our return home.
The Immigration Officer was inexperienced and kept disappearing to ask for help but all-in-all in was a painless experience. It took about 45 minutes to fill in the paperwork.
I took our recent payslips as proof of funds but wasnt asked for any of that information.
We did get a 'welcome to Canada' at the end though........:thumbsup:

So if you see the timeline - we sent application off in April and landed in December....! Still inn a state of shock - definitely celebrating tonight.

Good luck to all those still in this thread......and great to know the new FSW2 class can in certain circumstances be that quick!

Gaz67 Dec 23rd 2009 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by EVA3695 (Post 8194669)
Our passports came back from the UK yesterday nearly 5 weeks after posting them off to London and today 23rd Dec 2009 we 'landed'!
We had a quick trip down to the States for some last minute Christmas shopping and then landed on our return home.
The Immigration Officer was inexperienced and kept disappearing to ask for help but all-in-all in was a painless experience. It took about 45 minutes to fill in the paperwork.
I took our recent payslips as proof of funds but wasnt asked for any of that information.

So if you see the timeline - we sent application off in April and landed in December....! Still inn a state of shock - definitely celebrating tonight.

Good luck to all those still in this thread......and great to know the new FSW2 class can in certain circumstances be that quick!

Wonderful news :) and lucky you there now for xmas at least we are getting plenty of snow here in the UK to give us a lil 2009 Taster :p

WELL DONE

Gaz

StopTheClocks Dec 23rd 2009 10:55 pm

Hey that’s excellent! Where in Canada have you landed?

Can someone explain to me the difference between FSW1 and FSW2?!?
Sorry, im a bit confused..
Thanks

Gaz67 Dec 23rd 2009 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by StopTheClocks (Post 8194716)
Hey that’s excellent! Where in Canada have you landed?

Can someone explain to me the difference between FSW1 and FSW2?!?
Sorry, im a bit confused..
Thanks

Category 1: For persons in an occupation which corresponds to the list of occupations identified in the Ministerial Instructions and have evidence of one year of continuous full-time (or full-time equivalent) experience in that occupation;

Category 2: For persons who have arranged employment offer with a Canadian employer; or

Category 3: For students or workers who are legally residing in Canada, and have done so for at least 12 months immediately before submitting their application.

just found this on web and copied n pasted :thumbup:

Gaz

Martin99 Dec 24th 2009 11:19 am

Congratulations! A very memorable Christmas.

Cheers

Martin

Martin99 Dec 24th 2009 11:20 am

Happy Xmas everyone...

Great news!

Cheers

Martin

fridgedesign Dec 25th 2009 1:24 pm

Hi

Merry Christmas!

I was just wondering what the time scale is for application for FSW, as people on this website seem to have had a quicker reply from the CIC in Sydney...

I sent the application on the 20 November 2009 and as yet, I have not heard anything. There has been no money taken from my account either....

What do you think? Should I be calling them??

Cheers

stokesey Dec 25th 2009 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by fridgedesign (Post 8196844)
Hi

Merry Christmas!

I was just wondering what the time scale is for application for FSW, as people on this website seem to have had a quicker reply from the CIC in Sydney...

I sent the application on the 20 November 2009 and as yet, I have not heard anything. There has been no money taken from my account either....

What do you think? Should I be calling them??

Cheers

Don't think you'll here anything for at least another month, processing time is aroound 8 - 10 weeks from receipt it would appear.

Cheers.

Bibendum Dec 25th 2009 3:42 pm

congrats stokesy. I got mine on dec 16th.

At the moment sydney is averaging a little over 2 months for the 120 day letter. I have still to receive mine in paper. I've just had an electronic copy.

bib

stokesey Dec 26th 2009 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by Bibendum (Post 8196937)

At the moment sydney is averaging a little over 2 months for the 120 day letter. I have still to receive mine in paper. I've just had an electronic copy.

bib

Excellent, when do you think you'll get the full pack off to CIC? I'm hoping by mid Jan.

Cheers.

Kaye. Dec 26th 2009 1:50 pm

bib

:blink: Are you sure you'll receive a paper copy? If you've had a 120 day email then I would just assume that's all you're getting..

purple80 Dec 26th 2009 2:45 pm

bib

You probably won't get a paper copy, treat the email as the real deal and put your full package together!