British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/timeline-fsw-application-cio-sydney-ns-621358/)

Flyingscottie Jan 2nd 2010 9:43 am

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Medicals booked for 5th February!!

Can't believe it's costing £450 for two adults - not great so soon after Xmas :(

Does anyone have any advice? Bought Hubby a bike for Xmas (thankfully just a cheap one) so he has started going out every day to get in shape. Do they look at your general fitness, or just literally for diseases etc?

Thanks!

Martin99 Jan 2nd 2010 9:57 am

Originally Posted by Flyingscottie (Post 8212485)
Medicals booked for 5th February!!

Can't believe it's costing £450 for two adults - not great so soon after Xmas :(

Does anyone have any advice? Bought Hubby a bike for Xmas (thankfully just a cheap one) so he has started going out every day to get in shape. Do they look at your general fitness, or just literally for diseases etc?

Thanks!

I think ours cost much the same.

Drink plenty of water and take any documentation with you if you have had any recent tests or hospital treatment as this can expedite the process. They are really only looking for communicable diseases and any major problems likely to become a drain on their medical system. You should be fine.

Good luck!

Martin

Bucks_Family Jan 3rd 2010 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 7770768)
I would be grateful to hear of others' actual experience of the timeline between making an application to the CIO in Sydney, NS and receiving the email acknowledgement. I have followed previous posts and the Trackitt information but there does not yet appear to be much precedent information to assess the efficiency of the new system.

My own FSW application pack was received by the CIO on 17 June, 2009. As yet, I have heard nothing. It would be good to hear how other people are doing with applications submitted in say May and June this year.

Cheers

Martin

After lurking for a few months and bobbing up above the parapet from time to time, we've taken the plunge, and used the time between Christmas and New Year (quiet in the office at work!) to get our FSW Cat 1 forms filled in.
Thanks to New Year's Eve and DHL closing early, we missed their last collection by 15 minutes on Thursday, so our envelope will be on its way to Sydney tomorrow.
So, time to spend most of next week tracking it on the DHL website, then refreshing my Inbox looking for an AOR...

humanist Jan 4th 2010 12:51 am

Wow, looks like CIC were working over the festive period after all.

Great to see some people moving along, hope it'll be my turn soon!

My company want me back in the UK on February 1st, but I really don't want to leave my girlfriend over here in Toronto. So I might just have to travel back and forth from London until my residency comes through and I can go job hunting in Canada. Bah! Why are things never easy?!!

...oh and Happy New Year all :)

Martin99 Jan 4th 2010 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by Bucks_Family (Post 8215644)
After lurking for a few months and bobbing up above the parapet from time to time, we've taken the plunge, and used the time between Christmas and New Year (quiet in the office at work!) to get our FSW Cat 1 forms filled in.
Thanks to New Year's Eve and DHL closing early, we missed their last collection by 15 minutes on Thursday, so our envelope will be on its way to Sydney tomorrow.
So, time to spend most of next week tracking it on the DHL website, then refreshing my Inbox looking for an AOR...

Welcome to the club!

Alphawolf Jan 4th 2010 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by humanist (Post 8216305)
Wow, looks like CIC were working over the festive period after all.

Great to see some people moving along, hope it'll be my turn soon!

My company want me back in the UK on February 1st, but I really don't want to leave my girlfriend over here in Toronto. So I might just have to travel back and forth from London until my residency comes through and I can go job hunting in Canada. Bah! Why are things never easy?!!

...oh and Happy New Year all :)

I didn't realise they had started back yet lol, has your ECAS changed yet Humanist? That sucks about your company, hope thigs pick up for you soon and Happy New Year too!! :thumbup:

humanist Jan 4th 2010 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by mags1972 (Post 8218270)
I didn't realise they had started back yet lol, has your ECAS changed yet Humanist? That sucks about your company, hope thigs pick up for you soon and Happy New Year too!! :thumbup:

No, I check every day but it's the same status as I've had for 6 months.

But I'm sure my time will come ....and I'm certainly not the only one feeling frustration round here!!!!

There's a possibility my company might let me travel back and forth (few weeks in Toronto followed by a few weeks in London) and they're sending me to Florida for 3 weeks in Feb ....so I guess things aren't all bad ;)

GERA Jan 6th 2010 5:16 am

hello everybody.Just wanted to find out which month applicants have received their 120 day email in the last 2 weeks.....?

Bali2010 Jan 6th 2010 9:40 am

Originally Posted by GERA (Post 8222206)
hello everybody.Just wanted to find out which month applicants have received their 120 day email in the last 2 weeks.....?

As an October applicant I am watching (stalking;)) the timelines closely & it seems October's are now being processed.

Not in an exact order but quick summary:

Bibendum - arrived NS 14/10/09, 120 day on 16/12/09
Stokesy - arrived NS 07/10/09, 120 day on 23/12/09

Lorna999 & Trumptons applied in Oct & had their's returned for minor errors, which is annoying but still indicated the 2 months initial processing in NS.

I have heard nothing yet - applying the day after Trumptons, it arrived in NS on 27/10/09. Am hoping to hear in the next week or so if the progress is consistent, although somewhere back up this thread was someone who had to wait quite a bit more than 2 months for theirs.

Here's hoping.
Bali
:fingerscrossed:

GERA Jan 6th 2010 9:50 am

thank you for update ...it is quiet helpful.

Martin99 Jan 6th 2010 10:45 am

Originally Posted by Bali2010 (Post 8222572)
As an October applicant I am watching (stalking;)) the timelines closely & it seems October's are now being processed.

Not in an exact order but quick summary:

Bibendum - arrived NS 14/10/09, 120 day on 16/12/09
Stokesy - arrived NS 07/10/09, 120 day on 23/12/09

Lorna999 & Trumptons applied in Oct & had their's returned for minor errors, which is annoying but still indicated the 2 months initial processing in NS.

I have heard nothing yet - applying the day after Trumptons, it arrived in NS on 27/10/09. Am hoping to hear in the next week or so if the progress is consistent, although somewhere back up this thread was someone who had to wait quite a bit more than 2 months for theirs.

Here's hoping.
Bali
:fingerscrossed:

Originally Posted by GERA (Post 8222590)
thank you for update ...it is quiet helpful.

I hope you both hear soon. Next month CIC will be publishing expected timelines for the new FSW PR application stream as they will then have a full 12 months of data using the new system.

Cheers

Martin

Bali2010 Jan 6th 2010 10:50 am

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 8222689)
Next month CIC will be publishing expected timelines for the new FSW PR application stream as they will then have a full 12 months of data using the new system.

That's good to know

Thanks
Bali

Lady Locket Jan 6th 2010 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by GERA (Post 8222206)

Hi,
We are on a very similar timescale to you. Not got our 120 day email yet either, but fingers crossed it won't be too long now!

LL x

Miss Clinique Jan 6th 2010 5:44 pm

I checked with the bank today, the draft has still not been cashed. Obviously the IO is looking at our file and not able to make his mind up.

Its so frustrating and its early days yet in the PR jouney.

Bibendum Jan 6th 2010 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by Miss Clinique (Post 8223658)
I checked with the bank today, the draft has still not been cashed. Obviously the IO is looking at our file and not able to make his mind up.

Its so frustrating and its early days yet in the PR jouney.

when i had a look on canadavisa, there were some people who were having processing times of 80 days so i would not worry. I suspect although i may be wrong that its dependent on what occupation you are.

bib