British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/timeline-fsw-application-cio-sydney-ns-621358/)

Martin99 Dec 26th 2009 4:41 pm

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by purple80 (Post 8197814)
You probably won't get a paper copy, treat the email as the real deal and put your full package together!

Good advice!

LinsyPinsy Dec 28th 2009 12:08 am

Originally Posted by stokesey (Post 8194012)
Received 120 day letter today. What a relief!!

Happy Xmas everyone...

To Stokesey and Bibendum

Well done, what a xmas present. You must be delighted. Let us all know how it progresses. Our friend who emigrated to Vancouver 9 years ago is back to Scotland this Christmas for a holiday and is getting us all over excited about the move....magic!!:thumbsup:
For now we will have to be content with my sons Wii 'Mario and Sonic at the winter olympics games 2010' that Santa brought him to catch glimpses of the city!:rofl:

Happy New Year to you all.
lnsy

Martin99 Dec 30th 2009 2:28 pm

As I have heard nothing since taking our medicals at the end of November, I intend to drop off our passports on 7 January as requested by CHC in their letter instructing us to attend the medical. I hope by now to have heard if they require any further tests etc.

Fingers crossed!

Cheers

Martin

Kaye. Dec 30th 2009 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 8206259)
As I have heard nothing since taking our medicals at the end of November, I intend to drop off our passports on 7 January as requested by CHC in their letter instructing us to attend the medical. I hope by now to have heard if they require any further tests etc.

Fingers crossed!

Cheers

Martin

:fingerscrossed:

Nearly there Martin!

Martin99 Dec 30th 2009 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by Kaye. (Post 8206276)

Nearly there Martin!

I hope so!

Flyingscottie Dec 30th 2009 4:32 pm

We got our AOR and medical requests in the last few days!!

Seems the London office have been busy :D

Happy New Year to you all x

Gaz67 Jan 1st 2010 12:33 pm

[QUOTE=Flyingscottie;8206548]We got our AOR and medical requests in the last few days!!

Seems the London office have been busy :D

GRATZ :D

Happy New Year to you all , Heres to a very eventful and excellent 2010 :)

Happy New Year to everyone on here thanx for all the wonderful help through Forum questions and PMs :thumbup:

Gaz

Lorna999 Jan 1st 2010 2:09 pm

Well that was a bit of a crap xmas! Had our application from NS returned. It turns out we had over paid the processing fee. My OH put in processing fee for our step daughter, as he presumed this was necessary as she would still have to have medicals etc, though she wasn't going. (sound of rather large gunshot:frown:)
THe frustrating thing is that the application was returned with big red ticks throughout untill the last thing.AARRGGHH!! I suppose though, at least we know the rest of it is ok. There was a letter attached saying to return a new set of documents with the correct processing fee. We returned this immediately(with a small hiccup as my husband tripped over the rather large tail between his legs on the way out GRRR!)
Anyone else made such a stupid mistake... I feel in a class of our own on that one!
Another 2 month wait now:( Very frustrating)
Anyway, on a more positive note, We are off for a recce in 2 weeks and OH has managed to secure 2 job interviews which is great. So fingers crossed something good will happen! (redeemed himself with that one..lol)

Good luck to everyone else and all the best for 2010. :fingerscrossed:

Bali2010 Jan 1st 2010 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by Lorna999 (Post 8210729)
Anyone else made such a stupid mistake... I feel in a class of our own on that one!

I think mistakes aren't uncommon - at one point quite a few posts had returns for missing info or not enough 'n/a's.

Personally have not had my first response yet - am behind you by about 2 weeks so now Xmas out of the way I am a little nervous on that front to see if there are any problems.

Here's hoping the rest goes smoothly & good luck with the interviews.

Martin99 Jan 1st 2010 4:12 pm

Well that was a bit of a crap xmas! Had our application from NS returned. It turns out we had over paid the processing fee. My OH put in processing fee for our step daughter, as he presumed this was necessary as she would still have to have medicals etc, though she wasn't going. (sound of rather large gunshot:frown:)
THe frustrating thing is that the application was returned with big red ticks throughout untill the last thing.AARRGGHH!! I suppose though, at least we know the rest of it is ok. There was a letter attached saying to return a new set of documents with the correct processing fee. We returned this immediately(with a small hiccup as my husband tripped over the rather large tail between his legs on the way out GRRR!)
Anyway, on a more positive note, We are off for a recce in 2 weeks and OH has managed to secure 2 job interviews which is great. So fingers crossed something good will happen! (redeemed himself with that one..lol)

That is very pedantic. Why could they not simply send you a cheque for the overpayment or a credit against your PR fee?

Cheers

Martin

Lorna999 Jan 1st 2010 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 8210929)
That is very pedantic. Why could they not simply send you a cheque for the overpayment or a credit against your PR fee?

Cheers

Martin

Yeah, that's what I thought. Was almost seething with frustration when it arrived. I know they have to have rules, but this could have been so simple to sort out:frown: I could have understood if we had underpaid........

Lorna999 Jan 1st 2010 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by Bali2010 (Post 8210865)
I think mistakes aren't uncommon - at one point quite a few posts had returns for missing info or not enough 'n/a's.

Personally have not had my first response yet - am behind you by about 2 weeks so now Xmas out of the way I am a little nervous on that front to see if there are any problems.

Here's hoping the rest goes smoothly & good luck with the interviews.

Thanks Bali... I think we were focussing too much on the n/a's and making sure there were no empty boxes!
We were convinced there were no mistakes....ho hum!
Anyway. All the best for you and I hope you get a lovely 120 day email and not a returned package on door step:fingerscrossed: Shouldn't be long now!

Gaz67 Jan 1st 2010 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by Lorna999 (Post 8210973)
Thanks Bali... I think we were focussing too much on the n/a's and making sure there were no empty boxes!
We were convinced there were no mistakes....ho hum!
Anyway. All the best for you and I hope you get a lovely 120 day email and not a returned package on door step:fingerscrossed: Shouldn't be long now!

They are ridiculous when it comes to immigration , wonder how the UK immigration intake process is compared to Canada , i will have to go google it and have a mooch :)

One problem i did foresee with our App was the origional funds i sent to pay CIC was for myself my wife and daughter... wife was expecting but as you know you cannot put unborn babies down..

So the baby was born august 7th same day as i received 120 day letter :thumbup:

Was great to get home from hosp after 12 hours there and first mail i looked at was 120 day letter, although like others it was in my junk mail box.
But the junk mail box after advice from peeps on here is always the first place i check even now.

So we now have an additional child fee which hopefully they will just ask for without sending everything back and of course proof of funds amount will increase.

Fingers crossed it all goes well

Gaz

LinsyPinsy Jan 1st 2010 10:50 pm

Dear Lorna
Feeling your pain, we had our returned 6 weeks ago. Its rubbish, but at least you know you filled everything in right. Fingers crossed for you.
Hope things go well for the interviews, keep us informed.
linsy

Lorna999 Jan 1st 2010 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy (Post 8211743)
Dear Lorna
Feeling your pain, we had our returned 6 weeks ago. Its rubbish, but at least you know you filled everything in right. Fingers crossed for you.
Hope things go well for the interviews, keep us informed.
linsy

Thanks so much! Will let you at know how went as soon as we get back. At least we have this to look forward too....:)