British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/timeline-fsw-application-cio-sydney-ns-621358/)

LinsyPinsy Nov 10th 2009 7:53 pm

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 7954042)
That is exactly why they returned my first application. Others please take note in order to avoid a month's delay.

Cheers

Martin99,
Just had panic attack reading your post and ran upstairs to check our photocopied forms that we sent away mid Sept and guess what...we have not put N/A or None for other countries of residence too!!! Oh well, just have to wait for them to return the forms and we'll need to start again.:o
BooHoo. Away for a glass of wine!

LinsyPinsy Nov 10th 2009 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy (Post 8088158)
Martin99,
Just had panic attack reading your post and ran upstairs to check our photocopied forms that we sent away mid Sept and guess what...we have not put N/A or None for other countries of residence too!!! Oh well, just have to wait for them to return the forms and we'll need to start again.:o
BooHoo. Away for a glass of wine!

Just noticed that not only did we not put N/A for previous country of residence, but also ID card number and also other mailing address.
We thought we were being extra careful...but obviously not!
lns

dasalcedo Nov 10th 2009 11:16 pm

Hey, I just sent the documents monday and today I realised that I didn't write N/A or None in "other countries of residence". Should I wait for the outcome or can I send out another application?

Daniel

EVA3695 Nov 10th 2009 11:28 pm

Yes Charlie, you are sad.! ;)
Great news that the medical results are on their way - I havent a clue whether mine are being sent to Ottawa (as DMP paperwork advised) or winging their way to Blighty!?...I am not too bothered really. PPR comes when it comes, we had friends use the same DMP and they received their PPRs a month after taking the medicals so its not time for me to panic just yet.....we have til Aug 2010 on our current work permits though, so timing is not as much an issue as it is for you guys! Keep us all posted on your progress.

EVA3695 Nov 10th 2009 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by purple80 (Post 8087767)
Medical results are on their way to UK, just checked UPS......
Their journey so far, and yes I am sad....This is hopefully the final piece of information to be sent, unless something has come up in the medicals. :ohmy:

PHILADELPHIA, PA, US
10/11/2009 8:28 DEPARTURE SCAN
10/11/2009 5:57 ARRIVAL SCAN

LOUISVILLE, KY, US
10/11/2009 4:26 DEPARTURE SCAN
10/11/2009 0:35 ARRIVAL SCAN

MISSISSAUGA, ON, CA
09/11/2009 22:56 DEPARTURE SCAN
09/11/2009 21:57 EXPORT SCAN
09/11/2009 21:51 ARRIVAL SCAN
09/11/2009 21:50 DEPARTURE SCAN
09/11/2009 21:47 ORIGIN SCAN

CA
09/11/2009 18:49 BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Great news that the medical results are on their way - I havent a clue whether mine are being sent to Ottawa (as DMP paperwork advised) or winging their way to Blighty!?...I am not too bothered really. PPR comes when it comes, we had friends use the same DMP and they received their PPRs a month after taking the medicals so its not time for me to panic just yet.....we have til Aug 2010 on our current work permits though, so timing is not as much an issue as it is for you guys! Keep us all posted on your progress.

purple80 Nov 11th 2009 12:23 am

Originally Posted by EVA3695 (Post 8088742)

Your right, it's all out of our hands now......Just got to get on with life and forget, no point checking UPS until tomorrow........:rofl:

dasalcedo Nov 11th 2009 12:42 am

Anyone knows if it is possible to resend the application, or at last the forgotten part to be filled again in order to avoid the application being returned to me?

I forgot to fill the box "other countries with residence status" in the first application for my spouse.

gryphea Nov 11th 2009 1:10 am

Originally Posted by Lisa_W (Post 8087455)
Not sure but can ask Darren tonight. Think it did all get sorted in the end as they are still here as far as I am aware. Just know they had problems.

Thanks for that. Keep us posted.

WE have applied for PR and it was received at London 1st Nov. Our WP doesn't run out until 30th Nov 2010, which should give us time for meidcal issues should they arise etc.

I met someone I knew at the UK mixer and he had recently got a new LMO I think.

Gryph

Martin99 Nov 11th 2009 8:21 am

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy (Post 8088213)
Just noticed that not only did we not put N/A for previous country of residence, but also ID card number and also other mailing address.
We thought we were being extra careful...but obviously not!
lns

Oh dear! Sorry to hear that. At least, you will be spared the initial excitement that I felt when the CIC envelope arrived only then to be disappointed when my whole application had been returned. You should have it back in the next few days.

Good luck with the next one.

Cheers

Martin

Martin99 Nov 11th 2009 8:23 am

Originally Posted by dasalcedo (Post 8088723)
Hey, I just sent the documents monday and today I realised that I didn't write N/A or None in "other countries of residence". Should I wait for the outcome or can I send out another application?

Daniel

Hi Daniel

You may just confuse matters at their end if you send another application. This has happened to other members of this site. If I were you, I would simply wait for it to be returned. Not easy when it means you have to wait four to six weeks to receive the foms back.

Cheers

Martin

Martin99 Nov 11th 2009 8:27 am

Originally Posted by purple80 (Post 8088835)
Your right, it's all out of our hands now......Just got to get on with life and forget, no point checking UPS until tomorrow........:rofl:

It is incredibly hard not to keep checking on progress every day. It is hard for us and we are in no hurry to move.

Cheers

Martin

dasalcedo Nov 11th 2009 8:32 am

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 8089570)
Hi Daniel

You may just confuse matters at their end if you send another application. This has happened to other members of this site. If I were you, I would simply wait for it to be returned. Not easy when it means you have to wait four to six weeks to receive the foms back.

Cheers

Martin

Hi Martin, I wasn't thinking of sending the whole application but the form in which I forgot to fill that box, or it is still better to wait for the application back?

Martin99 Nov 11th 2009 8:41 am

Originally Posted by dasalcedo (Post 8089588)
Hi Martin, I wasn't thinking of sending the whole application but the form in which I forgot to fill that box, or it is still better to wait for the application back?

Hi Daniel

My concern is that as you do not receive a CIC file number until they begin processing in Sydney, any letter you send (without a file reference number) will struggle to be matched up with your original application.

I know how frustrating this feels!

Cheers

Martin

Bibendum Nov 11th 2009 9:26 am

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 8089609)
Hi Daniel

My concern is that as you do not receive a CIC file number until they begin processing in Sydney, any letter you send (without a file reference number) will struggle to be matched up with your original application.

I know how frustrating this feels!

Cheers

Martin

I second what Martin says, just wait and resend. frustrating as it may be.

bib

Alphawolf Nov 11th 2009 10:54 am

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 8086499)
Just checked ECAS and CHC has now started processing my application! :D

The exact wording on ECAS is now:

"Your application was reviewed and we started processing on November 2, 2009."

Fingers crossed that it all goes smoothly.

Cheers

Martin

Congratulations Martin on that news, as you are well behind us in your timeline we are now worried even more regarding our app, still says on our ECAS "We transferred your application to the London England office on June 2, 2009. The London England office may contact you".
Just wondered if you have the email address for London CIC as it may be worth dropping them an email even though it states to wait 8 months from AOR before contacting them.
Thanks in advance

Mags