British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/timeline-fsw-application-cio-sydney-ns-621358/)

Gaz67 Oct 24th 2009 3:12 pm

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 8041557)
Gaz

I think it is usually a letter. No doubt others will mention if they have received an email AOR from CHC London.

Cheers

Martin

Cheers Martin , hope this Post Strike doesn't affect all our immigration processes much :(

im still peeved off my ex workplace took soooo long sending my refs etc out to me i would be 5 weeks ahead of our current time

some good news around xmas wudnt go amiss for me and my family :)

Gaz

chanceUK Oct 24th 2009 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by burton bunch (Post 8041575)
Well I should be days behind you for a AOR - if my parcel ever got there at all :frown:

:fingerscrossed:

Martin99 Oct 25th 2009 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by Gaz67 (Post 8041592)
Cheers Martin , hope this Post Strike doesn't affect all our immigration processes much :(

im still peeved off my ex workplace took soooo long sending my refs etc out to me i would be 5 weeks ahead of our current time

some good news around xmas wudnt go amiss for me and my family :)

Gaz

Keep an eye on your ECAS record as mine changed before I received the written AOR.

Cheers

Martin

Pudseytwo Oct 26th 2009 5:35 pm

We sent our FSW application on the 18th June,09 by Airsure and it was signed for on the 26th June,09.

Received an e-mail from Sydney, Canada on the 24th August, 09 quite by accident as it was lurking in my spam filter and I was expecting a letter so it was a bit of a shock, turns out to be 120 day letter.

Sent all the details to London asap on the 26th Aug, 09 and it was signed for on the 27th August.

Just received letter today dated 20th October (I presume it is AOR) to say that before it is placed into processing a further determination will be made to see if eligible.

Have what I presume to be a Immigration File No: but have just been on 'Trackit' and there is no sign of it yet.

By the way folks how do I put the little grey line of writing at the bottom showing the timelines ? Still a bit new to all this but I am trying :unsure:

Cheers !

Bali2010 Oct 26th 2009 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by Pudseytwo (Post 8046358)
We sent our FSW application on the 18th June,09 by Airsure and it was signed for on the 26th June,09.

Received an e-mail from Sydney, Canada on the 24th August, 09 quite by accident as it was lurking in my spam filter and I was expecting a letter so it was a bit of a shock, turns out to be 120 day letter.

Sent all the details to London asap on the 26th Aug, 09 and it was signed for on the 27th August.

Just received letter today dated 20th October (I presume it is AOR) to say that before it is placed into processing a further determination will be made to see if eligible.

Have what I presume to be a Immigration File No: but have just been on 'Trackit' and there is no sign of it yet.

By the way folks how do I put the little grey line of writing at the bottom showing the timelines ? Still a bit new to all this but I am trying :unsure:

Cheers !

re. trackit - are you saying the file ref doesn't look like others on trackitt or were you expecting them to update trackit (sorry I am easily confused)

the small gray line text is done by amending your signature in your details.

By the way, you look to be proceeding pretty quickly through the process - are you FSW1, 2 or 3?

Bali

Pudseytwo Oct 26th 2009 8:38 pm

Hi Bali,

I'm confused too, I have put my details down on 'Trackitt' to compare, but I think I got muddled up with the'Ecas' thing (too much to take on board all at once)
I put our File immigration number in 'ecas' but it is not recognising it yet, but that might have to do with it only just getting into the processing queue.

By the way we are FSW1 my husband is in the Building industry and his title was on the 'list'.

Regards

Pudseytwo (three really, how could I have forgotten the one female offspring ?):o

joinerboy Oct 26th 2009 8:52 pm

When you log into ecas are you using 'ENGLAND'
as place of birth.
Regards
Joinerboy

Pudseytwo Oct 26th 2009 9:08 pm

Hi Joinerboy,

I put UK, to be honest I didn't even look to see if there was an 'England' as I have been so used to tapping in 'UK' just tried again and low and behold it was there, thanks for that, it does still say that it is 'pending review' not sure if that is a good or bad thing at this stage ?

Thanks again
Pudseytwo + 1

By the way 'Bali' did the signature thing in my details but not sure how to put the signature on ? doh ! I'm sure I will get to grips with all this at some point :unsure:

Pudseytwo Oct 26th 2009 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by Pudseytwo (Post 8046824)
Hi Joinerboy,

I put UK, to be honest I didn't even look to see if there was an 'England' as I have been so used to tapping in 'UK' just tried again and low and behold it was there, thanks for that, it does still say that it is 'pending review' not sure if that is a good or bad thing at this stage ?

Thanks again
Pudseytwo + 1

By the way 'Bali' did the signature thing in my details but not sure how to put the signature on ? doh ! I'm sure I will get to grips with all this at some point :unsure:

Double 'Doh' there it is - now I get it .......

Bali2010 Oct 26th 2009 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by Pudseytwo (Post 8046824)
Hi Joinerboy,

By the way 'Bali' did the signature thing in my details

And there it is:)

Bali2010 Oct 26th 2009 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by Pudseytwo (Post 8046827)
Double 'Doh' there it is - now I get it .......

:rofl::lol::rofl:

I'm am so chuffed with myself for providing any advice of a computer / IT nature - is SO unusual I can help

Pudseytwo Oct 26th 2009 9:21 pm

That's why this forum is so great, it is lovely to see that there are still lot's of nice, helpful people out there ! :)

joinerboy Oct 27th 2009 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by Pudseytwo (Post 8046851)
That's why this forum is so great, it is lovely to see that there are still lot's of nice, helpful people out there ! :)

All the best with your application:fingerscrossed:
regards
Joinerboy:)

syedozy Oct 28th 2009 11:36 pm

Hi Julietaba,
I am new here. Please advise me the phone number to call CIC Nova Scotia, as I am tensed for my application whether they have received it or do I need to cancell my bank draft?
Thanks in advance pls give me the contact number that you have used to contact them directly.
Cheers

Originally Posted by julietaba (Post 8031621)
Yep, found a phone number to call CIC in Nova Scotia directly and it worked. Fingers crossed we hear something soon.

burton bunch Oct 29th 2009 12:14 am

Originally Posted by syedozy (Post 8053083)
Hi Julietaba,
I am new here. Please advise me the phone number to call CIC Nova Scotia, as I am tensed for my application whether they have received it or do I need to cancell my bank draft?
Thanks in advance pls give me the contact number that you have used to contact them directly.
Cheers

There is a number on CIC website for Sydney BUT they can only give you advice and not any information on specific cases/applications