British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/timeline-fsw-application-cio-sydney-ns-621358/)

Alphawolf Oct 22nd 2009 4:39 pm

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by joinerboy (Post 8036717)
It could be taking a little longer to reach each stage as more & more applications are made via this route ( as LMO's for TWP's become harder to obtain ) as it was only brought in at the back end of 2008 and it was Jan /Feb 2009 when the first applications started to surface via FSW cat1 so its not been up & running a year yet. CIC state 6-12 months processing timeline so it may be the lucky ones who applied earlier that will be nearer the 6 month mark and as time goes on most applications will be nearer the 12 month mark . Still compared to the old skilled worker application system which was took 6-48 months the new FSW cat1 is a much quicker option .

regards
Joinerboy:)

Hey Buddy,

You're probably not far off with that assessment, all the postage strikes we're having will no doubt help :sneaky:
Must lay off the booze to ease the stress, do you think I've time to grow back a liver? :rofl:
Just kidding, I'm still taking it in my stride but each passing week gets more and more testing ;)

joinerboy Oct 22nd 2009 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by mags1972 (Post 8036893)
Hey Buddy,

You're probably not far off with that assessment, all the postage strikes we're having will no doubt help :sneaky:
Must lay off the booze to ease the stress, do you think I've time to grow back a liver? :rofl:
Just kidding, I'm still taking it in my stride but each passing week gets more and more testing ;)

Hang on in there buddy , at least your well into the process with all your visa application form filling days behind you :fingerscrossed:
Just your medical to complete and then drop your passport off. You should be more worried about how your going fill your time once it all done & dusted :rofl:
Try crossing your toes when in bed just before you drop off to sleep i find this helps :rofl::rofl:
Hope you hear good news very very soon friend .:fingerscrossed:
regards

Alphawolf Oct 22nd 2009 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by joinerboy (Post 8036909)
Try crossing your toes when in bed just before you drop off to sleep i find this helps :rofl::rofl:

Tried this, my toes cramp up, didn't even think that was possible :rofl::rofl:

Cheers anyway buddy :thumbup:

joinerboy Oct 22nd 2009 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by mags1972 (Post 8036943)
Tried this, my toes cramp up, didn't even think that was possible :rofl::rofl:

Cheers anyway buddy :thumbup:

what about sleeping on a copy of your application would this help:rofl:

Alphawolf Oct 22nd 2009 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by joinerboy (Post 8036981)
what about sleeping on a copy of your application would this help:rofl:

Couldn't hurt :rofl::rofl:

Martin99 Oct 22nd 2009 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by humanist (Post 8036668)
Hi Martin,

No, I'm category 3, maybe there's some other reason for the delay.

Regards,

Tim (aka Humanist)

Thanks, Tim.

In fairness, the FSW applications which appear to be processing rapidly at the moment appear to be category 2. It may simply be different volumes as Joinerboy says and maybe different staff members at CHC dealing with the differing categories.

Cheers

Martin

chanceUK Oct 24th 2009 9:21 am

Got my AOR from london today after submitting my docs by person on the 1st september.

Its the standard letter with new file number dated 19th October:fingerscrossed:

joinerboy Oct 24th 2009 9:32 am

Hi chanceuk
congrats & on to the next stage you go:fingerscrossed:
regards

Originally Posted by chanceUK (Post 8041095)
Got my AOR from london today after submitting my docs by person on the 1st september.

Alphawolf Oct 24th 2009 11:16 am

Hi ChanceUK,

Congratulations on receiving your AOR, welcome to the que, hope things go well for you :fingerscrossed::thumbup:

Martin99 Oct 24th 2009 11:27 am

Amazing that it took so long. Was it stuck in the post or has it only just been dated?

At least you know you are definitely in the system now.

Cheers

Martin

chanceUK Oct 24th 2009 11:57 am

the letter was dated 19th October and arrived today (24th October) so only took 5 days in the post (I live in london though).

so from delivery of the documents to them dating the AOR letter was 7 weeks. then stuck in the post strike for a couple of days. The delay was with CHC London

Gaz67 Oct 24th 2009 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by chanceUK (Post 8041316)
the letter was dated 19th October and arrived today (24th October) so only took 5 days in the post (I live in london though).

so from delivery of the documents to them dating the AOR letter was 7 weeks. then stuck in the post strike for a couple of days. The delay was with CHC London

Hi Guys do they mostly post out AORs or email? or depends on what they feel like at the time?

Cheers
Gaz

Martin99 Oct 24th 2009 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by Gaz67 (Post 8041461)
Hi Guys do they mostly post out AORs or email? or depends on what they feel like at the time?

Cheers
Gaz

Gaz

I think it is usually a letter. No doubt others will mention if they have received an email AOR from CHC London.

Cheers

Martin

Martin99 Oct 24th 2009 2:58 pm

Thanks

So strange that they took so long to send the AOR. Hope it does not delay the processing of your file.

Cheers

Martin

burton bunch Oct 24th 2009 3:06 pm

Well I should be days behind you for a AOR - if my parcel ever got there at all :frown: