Old Jul 31st 2012, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

soulli82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

no news is bad news

soulli,
Old Jul 31st 2012, 7:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Conmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soulli82
no news is bad news

soulli,
Hi Soulli,

chin up, hope dies last! We are going through our valley of tears now -oops, did I say that - but don't forget what's waiting for us at the end.
It is worth the pain. For sure, we could do with less of that.

Let us all just think positive, as hard as it is right now. We are put to a hard test, but it is one of the steps we have to take. Starting a new life is not all
beer and skittles.

I suggest the motto: no news are good news! and keep my fingers crossed for all of us.

Best regards
Conmar
Old Jul 31st 2012, 8:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Conmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Daisy101
Hello Hurricane74 and maple44,
Thanks for your response, sorry I did not respond sooner. I tried to sent a pm to you both, unfortunately it is not goin thro from my side. Just responding on behalf of my partner.

To all other members:
1)Is it difficult to get a response from employers in Manitoba?
2) I have read previously that Canadian experience is vital in one obtaining employment in Canada. How can a person achieve the above experience if we as non- canadian citizens, are not even considered or even given the slightest opportunity in the employment market. Most employers want people to have their PR to be considered for jobs.
3) I am hoping that alot of patience is needed to crack the job market.

My apologies in advance guys, just venting out.
Hi Daisy,
1) It depends on the field, in IT it may be different.
Very often, not always, but I would like to mention it, it is difficult as long you are not physically there and are entitled to work right away.
I think it makes sense to enter into contact with companies and send reminders as soon as you have taken the next step, even if you do not receive any feedback.
2)Right you are.
3) Yes, patience is one of the keys.

Best regards
Conmar
Old Jul 31st 2012, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

fols is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by College2003
Hello to all!!!

to all who are waiting for their acknowledgement or response from MPNP...lets just all wait and pray...I hope they will respond soon.

I have been awaiting their reply since 20th Of June,i resent the application on the 4th Of July and got a reply on the next day which went straight into my junk email.Just found it in there this morning,it was a request for IELTS though.I had to resend the application with the result

Last edited by fols; Jul 31st 2012 at 9:45 am.
Old Jul 31st 2012, 12:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dammy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by FROID
Dear Dammy
"Markus not comfortable with how you went about his visit" That was not my own point of view, if u get back to Nordex's post you will find it !!He said he was not confortable with his search in housing area.
Hello froid: I know you were not the one that mentioned those words in in brackets, I only used your initial post to respond and encourage Nordex.
Old Jul 31st 2012, 12:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Conmar
Hi Soulli,

chin up, hope dies last! We are going through our valley of tears now -oops, did I say that - but don't forget what's waiting for us at the end.
It is worth the pain. For sure, we could do with less of that.

Let us all just think positive, as hard as it is right now. We are put to a hard test, but it is one of the steps we have to take. Starting a new life is not all
beer and skittles.

I suggest the motto: no news are good news! and keep my fingers crossed for all of us.

Best regards
Conmar

Hi Conmar: I agree with you that no news is good news. Though we may be going through some frustration right now, believe we all (those awaiting invitation email and LOA) will make it at the end.
Old Jul 31st 2012, 12:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fols
I have been awaiting their reply since 20th Of June,i resent the application on the 4th Of July and got a reply on the next day which went straight into my junk email.Just found it in there this morning,it was a request for IELTS though.I had to resend the application with the result
Hi Fols: Congratulations on this request. It means there is activity on your file/application.

All is well.
Old Jul 31st 2012, 1:01 pm
Just Joined

kulknira is an unknown quantity at this point

I am working on closed work permit in Ontario and my spouse is on open work permit (Dependent on me). From the previous responses I think I cannot apply for PR in Canada unless I complete 2 years and apply under CEC. But if my spouse works in MB for 6 months then can she apply for Manitoba PNP? Is there any limitation for the kind of job she can do in MB?
Also will the job under open work permit be counted under the 6 month job experience in MB? Will my being in Ontario affect her application for MB PNP?

If that works then I am ready to let her work in MB for 6 months and then proceed with PNP keeping her as primary applicant.

Please advise and help.
Old Jul 31st 2012, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

fols is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=kulknira;10202866]I am working on closed work permit in Ontario and my spouse is on open work permit (Dependent on me). From the previous responses I think I cannot apply for PR in Canada unless I complete 2 years and apply under CEC. But if my spouse works in MB for 6 months then can she apply for Manitoba PNP? Is there any limitation for the kind of job she can do in MB?
Also will the job under open work permit be counted under the 6 month job experience in MB? Will my being in Ontario affect her application for MB PNP?

If that works then I am ready to let her work in MB for 6 months and then proceed with PNP keeping her as primary applicant.

Please advise and help.[/QUOTE

You could check the Manitoba official website,She may not qualify for Strategic initiative due to the requirement of her connection to another province,but probably the employer driven (skilled worker )pnp should be ok,she doesnt need to work in Manitoba for 6 months,but she needs a job offer for this.

http://www.immigratemanitoba.com/

Hope this is of some help?
Old Jul 31st 2012, 1:25 pm
Just Joined

[QUOTE=fols;10202892]
Originally Posted by kulknira
I am working on closed work permit in Ontario and my spouse is on open work permit (Dependent on me). From the previous responses I think I cannot apply for PR in Canada unless I complete 2 years and apply under CEC. But if my spouse works in MB for 6 months then can she apply for Manitoba PNP? Is there any limitation for the kind of job she can do in MB?

Please advise and help.[/QUOTE

You could check the Manitoba official website,She may not qualify for Strategic initiative due to the requirement of her connection to another province,but probably the employer driven (skilled worker )pnp should be ok,she doesnt need to work in Manitoba for 6 months,but she needs a job offer for this.

http://www.immigratemanitoba.com/

Hope this is of some help?
Thank you very much for the reply. I have gone through that site multiple times, but could not find anywhere if open work permit was counted for job offer. Since she is dependent on my work permit, I am not very sure if her job offer if at all will be considered valid.
Also per your suggestion - which option are you talking about? If you are talking about option A, it states that you need to be working in Manitoba for atleast 6 months.

I am so desperate to know because, we will have to stay apart and our son will suffer. If this is worth taking pain, I am willing to do. But not sure if this really will work.

Last edited by kulknira; Jul 31st 2012 at 1:40 pm.
Old Jul 31st 2012, 1:46 pm
Just Joined

torotee4 is just really nicetorotee4 is just really nicetorotee4 is just really nicetorotee4 is just really nicetorotee4 is just really nicetorotee4 is just really nicetorotee4 is just really nicetorotee4 is just really nice

[QUOTE=kulknira;10202899]
Originally Posted by fols

Thank you very much for the reply. I have gone through that site multiple times, but could not find anywhere if open work permit was counted for job offer. Since she is dependent on my work permit, I am not very sure if her job offer if at all will be considered valid.

I am so desperate to know because, we will have to stay apart and our son will suffer. If this is worth taking pain, I am willing to do. But not sure if this really will work.
I think your wife has to be present in MB to be eligible for the employment stream only if she has worked for at least 6 months and also have a long term full term employment agreement with the employer (check page 7-8) or through general stream - only 6 month evidence of full time work (check under general stream), because that is the stream I think she is qualified under this circumstance. I know a little bit about general stream and that is why I am saying this. She does need to live in MB and work there, because indicating she lives outside MB could prove unfavourable for her. Check the requirements on:

http://www.immigratemanitoba.com/ass...ation-0412.pdf

Go to page 11 and down for more information on the general stream. A proof of 6 months full time employment is required. However, general stream is only done by mailing.

Finally, an open work permit is also a temporary work permit and it is recognised for work all over Canada, so she should not have any problem with that.

torotee4
Old Jul 31st 2012, 6:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=torotee4;10202930]

I think your wife has to be present in MB to be eligible for the employment stream only if she has worked for at least 6 months and also have a long term full term employment agreement with the employer (check page 7-8) or through general stream - only 6 month evidence of full time work (check under general stream), because that is the stream I think she is qualified under this circumstance. I know a little bit about general stream and that is why I am saying this. She does need to live in MB and work there, because indicating she lives outside MB could prove unfavourable for her. Check the requirements on:

http://www.immigratemanitoba.com/ass...ation-0412.pdf

Go to page 11 and down for more information on the general stream. A proof of 6 months full time employment is required. However, general stream is only done by mailing.

Finally, an open work permit is also a temporary work permit and it is recognised for work all over Canada, so she should not have any problem with that.

torotee4
here a word of caution:
yes, theoretically it would work through the employer direct stream, if she works for 6 month in MB.

BUT ..when she applies then to PNP, she will be under very tight scrutiny...and there is a very big risk that she will not be nominated! The fact that you will be living in Ontario will weight very heavy..besides the fact, that she has been living there as well. This program is meant for ppl seriously wanting permanently to live in MB, your working in Ontario wouldn't give any indication to that regard quite the contrary.

If all the family would move to MB and you could prove that you have well settled in your community and all indications are there that you plan on staying permanently...chances are getting better...but processing could very well be slow..as they might insist on showing better your permanent settlement in MB
Old Jul 31st 2012, 7:55 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by manitobain
Honestly if the amount of applications are plenty ( which I assume due to shutting down FSW I am afraid your chances are not that good. Working in Ontario means you have connections to the province
Hi Manitobian,

I got my answer today. Here is what they have to say in their response:-
"Please be advised that resources are no longer available for 2012. We encourage you to continue monitoring our website for future international recruitment missions in your region or check our website again in 2013."

Also they gave a URL to check back on their site that I cannot open at all -
http://www2.immigratemanitoba.com/br...pnp-visit.html

Here is my condition right now -
1. FSW has stopped accepting applications and I do not fit in any of their NOC in demand (I am IT Business Analyst)
2. My wife has open work permit, but she cannot apply in PNP to MB since I am staying in Ontario.
3. Other PNP programs are fully employer driven and I am not very sure if me or my wife will be accepted there since we are located in Ontario.
4. Ontario process is too difficult and no employer will recruit me and do LMO for me or pre-screen me.
5. I cannot apply under CEC since I arrived in Canada only in April of this year.
6. I do not have any connections (no relatives) in Canada who can sponsor me.

I am holding Masters in Computer Science, with 12 years of experience without any gaps and also have a good track record and still cannot get PR in Canada. Not sure if there is any good way to apply for PR in Canada. I am ready to stay in MB rest of my life if they accept me, but I already got my denial

Nevertheless, please let me know if you know of any resources that would be helpful to a person like me. I cannot believe any consultant can help me since I think if this group cannot answer my question, then probably no-one on this earth can

Thanks a lot for all your support and answering all my questions. I wish everyone all the best in their applications.
Old Jul 31st 2012, 8:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Manitobian,

I got my answer today. Here is what they have to say in their response:-
"Please be advised that resources are no longer available for 2012. We encourage you to continue monitoring our website for future international recruitment missions in your region or check our website again in 2013."

Also they gave a URL to check back on their site that I cannot open at all -
http://www2.immigratemanitoba.com/br...pnp-visit.html

Here is my condition right now -
1. FSW has stopped accepting applications and I do not fit in any of their NOC in demand (I am IT Business Analyst)
2. My wife has open work permit, but she cannot apply in PNP to MB since I am staying in Ontario.
3. Other PNP programs are fully employer driven and I am not very sure if me or my wife will be accepted there since we are located in Ontario.
4. Ontario process is too difficult and no employer will recruit me and do LMO for me or pre-screen me.
5. I cannot apply under CEC since I arrived in Canada only in April of this year.
6. I do not have any connections (no relatives) in Canada who can sponsor me.

I am holding Masters in Computer Science, with 12 years of experience without any gaps and also have a good track record and still cannot get PR in Canada. Not sure if there is any good way to apply for PR in Canada. I am ready to stay in MB rest of my life if they accept me, but I already got my denial

Nevertheless, please let me know if you know of any resources that would be helpful to a person like me. I cannot believe any consultant can help me since I think if this group cannot answer my question, then probably no-one on this earth can

Thanks a lot for all your support and answering all my questions. I wish everyone all the best in their applications.
oh sh... no resources available for 2012??? That's the first I hear about this..no good at all (I will inquire in a general way with them whats with that).

I do not know much about any other provincial nominee programs...so can't give you any suggestions in that area (so I don't know if there is anywhere an option for you). As for Manitoba, the only way I could see as for now would be for you trying to find an employer in MB, who is willing to go through the LMO process and give you a job. Relocate, get the wife a job, settle..get involved in the community..etc. Then work 6 months and go the employer direct route.
lot of challenges ..but maybe doable?
Old Jul 31st 2012, 8:32 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by manitobain
oh sh... no resources available for 2012??? That's the first I hear about this..no good at all (I will inquire in a general way with them whats with that).

I do not know much about any other provincial nominee programs...so can't give you any suggestions in that area (so I don't know if there is anywhere an option for you). As for Manitoba, the only way I could see as for now would be for you trying to find an employer in MB, who is willing to go through the LMO process and give you a job. Relocate, get the wife a job, settle..get involved in the community..etc. Then work 6 months and go the employer direct route.
lot of challenges ..but maybe doable?
Hi Manitobian,

Please let me know in case you find anything from them. Let me know in case you see any light of hope

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.