Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Old Aug 1st 2012, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

fols is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

The reply from Manitoba on strategic initiative scheme is not unexpected though disappointing ,as they have been running very slow recently,particularly since the June Federal announcement.
Old Aug 1st 2012, 4:44 pm
Just Joined

kulknira is an unknown quantity at this point

Can we request MPNP to consider our application or anyone who applied before they made their decision and stated on the website? Delays are OK if they are low on resources...
Old Aug 1st 2012, 4:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dammy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by travel
This is really sad. I looked up the site and there is a prominent notice put up under the Strategic Initiatives section.

http://www.immigratemanitoba.com/how...c-initiatives/

Well all is not lost, this year ends in 5 months, so it is not that long a wait.

@ All: I feel the pain, anguish and dissatisfaction this would have caused some of our forum members but request we start work on how we can be part of the earliest set when they open the window again. Also, I will suggest for those that their requests were turn down, we should look out for the upcoming Employment fair in Ireland. That can change things for you because employers will be at the fair and you never know what can come out of it. A job offer could be it

For those who hadn't received confirmation of EV, I pray that a positive feedback from MPNP comes your way and advise you remain calm.

Lastly, dont let your dream to migrate to Manitoba be truncated by this little set-back. Remain focus.

It is well
Old Aug 1st 2012, 5:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dammy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lovely_clouds
Oh Darn !!
What's happened to EV program
Seems like screws are really being tightened now by Feds since the initial declaration during Feb-Mar.

MPNP EV had been the envy of every other provincial PNP & had helped the province gain a considerable increase in number of immigrants.... Much more than any other province proportionately.

@manitobain : in your knowledge & experience of so many years, has there ever been any max cap on applicants for EV? Or is this cap also a new recent addition?

For folks who are really interested to apply under EV, my earnest suggestion would be to start applying now for Jan Feb EV interview, & utilize the time meanwhile to organize IELTS, job certificates, edu certificates, finances & all other corresponding required documents. And also keep trying for LMO MPNP route through job interviews in Manitoba. Who knows you may hit a goldmine.

Hi Lovely_Clouds: It has been a while we have had you in the forum. We have missed your wise counsel and was pleased to see you in the house today

I know you have changed camp/base to applicant dealing with CIC and not MPNP and pray all the best on your application with CIC.
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 8:54 am
Just Joined

maple44 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi to all,

I am also a little confused and worried about this new notice on MPNP site about the refusal of accepting new EV applications this year. I would like know if the already submitted applications for EV will be rejected or not.

I originally applied on April 11-13, 2012, received confirmation and replied to the six typical questions. The second MPNP e-mail was on April 23, so my 120 days waiting period ends on August 23, and have still no confirmation for the visit.

If someone has some new information on this, please share it.
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 9:56 am
BE Enthusiast

lovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Dammy
Hi Lovely_Clouds: It has been a while we have had you in the forum. We have missed your wise counsel and was pleased to see you in the house today

I know you have changed camp/base to applicant dealing with CIC and not MPNP and pray all the best on your application with CIC.
Hi Dammy.

Thank you. I just like to help with my advice of little knowledge.
Indeed our application is moved on to next stage, I am still following this thread religiously. I am still availabile to fellow Manitoba aspirants.

This news on EV has been quite a displeasing surprise. However it has been on cards ever since Canada Population Census results came out in Feb, & the changes in Federal sponsored immigration plans were announced in March.

But on the whole, it doesn't make sense after what the Canada PM announced at New Years....that Canada needs more & more skilled workforce than available now.

The EV aspirants should now start planning for early 2013 applications if they want to fit in best. All hope is still not lost. It just have to take another planned approach.

I am also counting days with you guys for your PNP. It's 3 of you waiting on PNP immediately, and couple more later on. Pray that it comes soon.
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 10:00 am
BE Enthusiast

lovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by MBdream
@ lovely_clouds: What is LMO MPNP route, if I may ask?
LMO route is the employment Temporary Work Permit route.
Also like Dammy suggested, one could try the Ireland job fair. Though not sure if that's open for non-Irish people.
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

fols is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by lovely_clouds
LMO route is the employment Temporary Work Permit route.
Also like Dammy suggested, one could try the Ireland job fair. Though not sure if that's open for non-Irish people.

The recruitment mission coming up in Ireland could be for people from specific trades that are needed in Manitoba labour market.I am not sure though.
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 1:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Conmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maple44
Hi to all,

I am also a little confused and worried about this new notice on MPNP site about the refusal of accepting new EV applications this year. I would like know if the already submitted applications for EV will be rejected or not.

I originally applied on April 11-13, 2012, received confirmation and replied to the six typical questions. The second MPNP e-mail was on April 23, so my 120 days waiting period ends on August 23, and have still no confirmation for the visit.

If someone has some new information on this, please share it.
Hi Maple44,
I am as much worried as all of us, and I also do not have any new information.
But I would suggest to wait till the end of the 120 days period, before sending a reminder.
Best regards
Conmar
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 3:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

first things first:

Working Abroad Expo
Date: Saturday 6th October & Sunday 7th October 2012
Time: 10am to 5pm Both Days
Admission: Price: €10 per person. Advance Purchase your ticket here
Venue: The Royal Dublin Society (RDS), Industries Hall, Anglesea Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4.

http://www.workingabroad.net/expo/dublin.html

here the info on the expo MB will be participating in.
Employers from here are very much encourage (not sure if obligated) to have a LMO handy for the job they offer.

This is what we have been told:
"Individuals hired for permanent jobs receive priority processing of permanent resident visa applications through the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program"

What exactly that means...still need to find out, could be either through employer direct stream or strategic.

EV:

My guess is, that all those that have gotten the "60 or 120 days letter" will be processed, not all might be ok'd though? Will try to find out more as well.
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 9:34 pm
Just Joined

Matut is an unknown quantity at this point

Here is the explanation, exploratory visits have reached its annual capacity
http://www.immigratemanitoba.com/how...c-initiatives/
Old Aug 3rd 2012, 12:34 am
Forum Regular

ra_XOr is an unknown quantity at this point

Um, it seems like they are concentrating on Recruitment Missions.
Actually, if they are visiting your area, that is better in term of cost and expenses.

The question here, are these events for the locals only, or travelers are accepted as well ?
Old Aug 3rd 2012, 1:28 am
Forum Regular

htar is on a distinguished road

I have read may be about 2/3rd the form. Actually it is v informative. Thanks to you all specially our mentor Manitobian
Old Aug 3rd 2012, 9:35 am
Just Joined

maple44 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Conmar,

Thank you for your message, I will follow your advice and send a polite message by the end of August only in case of not receiving an EV invitation before that date.

I hope that as Manitobain says, all those cases waiting for the 60 and 120 days period will be processed this year.

cheers,
Maple44
Old Aug 3rd 2012, 2:29 pm
Just Joined

hurricane74 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good afternoon, Manitobain thank you for the information on Dublin I'm going to sort this out. Is there anyone from MPNP I can email directly more than bombard you with questions?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.