Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Old Jul 28th 2012, 3:16 am
Forum Regular

ra_XOr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Originally Posted by Myzeina
Yes i can do the research my self even any body can get any info by research

aren't we here to share the info and ideas so that we can save some time to some one else .

on the other hand i can spend extra effort in some thing else then come back here and share my ideas which save some time to some one else .

*sarcastic out*
Try Nordex map, he made a great effort and assigned more than 120 place on his Google map for IT companies. Thank you Nordex for your time.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...78ba0efb&msa=0

Hope you get useful of it.

Best Regards,
Mostafa
Old Jul 28th 2012, 3:17 am
Forum Regular

Nordex,

How is everything? Did they replied you?

Mostafa
Old Jul 28th 2012, 6:18 am
Forum Regular

nordex is on a distinguished road

NO, nothing yet
I sent Marcus three emails stating there that few more companies want interview with me. He does not reply on them
I don't know, I think that I'm proved to him that I'm definitely employable in Winnipeg. I sent him report email from interview that I had while I was in Winnipeg. I sent him same day when we had interview. Interview with Marcus was at 11 AM. The interview with company was at 1:30PM. Report email sent to Marcus around 3PM. The Interview with company went fine, the IT recruitment person said that in his opinion I would have no problem getting a job when I get PR. Of course I mentioned that to Markus in email. Two additional emails forwarded to Markus from companies that want interview with me.

Did someone heard, or is there a case that someone was at the interview but did not received an invitation at all?
I am worrying a little bit.
Old Jul 28th 2012, 6:36 am
Forum Regular

IT Guys ,

Could you please provide me with a contact details fro all IT companies @Manitoba so that i can contact them

thanks
Start thinking like this.

1. I'm not in Winnipeg, I'm in my homecountry. What can I do from here to prepare for my trip.

tip: you have internet!

2. After 3 seconds you get marvelous idea to type in google "list of IT companies in Winnipeg"

To help myself I made a map on gmaps and printed it on dozens of paper and make a route for each day before i landed in Winnipeg.
Here's one tip: I counted that the listing I found online was fresh and updated. Well it was not. 10-20% percent of companies have changed location, name or simply does not exist. I recommend you that you check each and everyone company that you want to visit if it have some changes. It will save you a lot of your Winnipeg time.
Old Jul 28th 2012, 7:39 am
Just Joined

Myzeina is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nordex
Start thinking like this.

1. I'm not in Winnipeg, I'm in my homecountry. What can I do from here to prepare for my trip.

tip: you have internet!

2. After 3 seconds you get marvelous idea to type in google "list of IT companies in Winnipeg"

To help myself I made a map on gmaps and printed it on dozens of paper and make a route for each day before i landed in Winnipeg.
Here's one tip: I counted that the listing I found online was fresh and updated. Well it was not. 10-20% percent of companies have changed location, name or simply does not exist. I recommend you that you check each and everyone company that you want to visit if it have some changes. It will save you a lot of your Winnipeg time.
nordex,
Thanks a lot for your valuable information ,
Could you please let me know how is IT Market Over there?
Is it easy to find an IT Job?
Old Jul 28th 2012, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

FROID is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Nordex,
I am sure that u did ur best during EV. So don't worry and trust that u will receive it v soon. U did the most difficult search which is employability. I believe that u are blaming ur self for nothing. Don't do that.
Try to think loudly. You said before that during the interview Markus wasn't comfortable, why? Is it because u didn't give much time for searching housing and areas. Maybe he understood that u have been there only for searching for a job.
I am just trying to think loudley with u. Dammy, travel,, Manitobain, lovely clouds, and all other members an share their opinions.
By the end God will choose u the best for u and your family.
Old Jul 28th 2012, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

nordex,
Thanks a lot for your valuable information ,
Could you please let me know how is IT Market Over there?
Is it easy to find an IT Job?
In my opinion it is much easier than here in Serbia with 20% unemployment.
It would be even much easier if you are software developer in .NET, PHP, JavaScript etc.
I mainly focused on System Administration/Analyst positions although I have programming experience, and if I had a PR I would probably found job while I was in Winnipeg.

It is really hard to find some company to offer you employment as foreign citizen.
I had an interview with HP and after a few questions I asked does it matter if I'm not Canadian citizen. The HR lady said that they are requiring to be at least 10 years(!) Canadian citizen.
But I think that Manitoba Immigration knows all that, that's why they are created exploratory visit.

There are few recruitment companies in Winnipeg like OFE http://www.ofe.ca that require just to give them your resume and wait for them to find you a job. And YES, they are only cooperate with Canadian citizens. So there is another way of finding job, after you get PR of course.
Old Jul 28th 2012, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

FROID, thanks and I'm hoping for the best of course
Old Jul 28th 2012, 9:02 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by nordex
In my opinion it is much easier than here in Serbia with 20% unemployment.
It would be even much easier if you are software developer in .NET, PHP, JavaScript etc.
I mainly focused on System Administration/Analyst positions although I have programming experience, and if I had a PR I would probably found job while I was in Winnipeg.

It is really hard to find some company to offer you employment as foreign citizen.
I had an interview with HP and after a few questions I asked does it matter if I'm not Canadian citizen. The HR lady said that they are requiring to be at least 10 years(!) Canadian citizen.
But I think that Manitoba Immigration knows all that, that's why they are created exploratory visit.

There are few recruitment companies in Winnipeg like OFE http://www.ofe.ca that require just to give them your resume and wait for them to find you a job. And YES, they are only cooperate with Canadian citizens. So there is another way of finding job, after you get PR of course.
Thank you and good luck
Old Jul 28th 2012, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

Gustekp is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Nordex,am sure you did your best.Fingers crossed
Old Jul 29th 2012, 3:29 pm
Just Joined

Rossman is an unknown quantity at this point

Mostafa,

I will go through the discussion here and answering the questions, it will give us better chance and others share us their views. I will paste copy of the questions :
I know that the visitor visa has no rules. But do you have any hint that may help me regarding it?!
When you made the visit to Manitoba ? What you mentioned as the reason for the visit ?
I mentioned Exploratory Visit to Manitoba, but i think they didn't like that reason.
Also, about the financial situation ? how much your bank statement shows ?? did you included any assets documents? Did you attached your Credit Cards photocopy??
I came to manitoba on exploratory visit around Oct. 2010. Within the visitor visa application I wrote the purpose exploratory visit to Manitoba, however I enclosed letter explaining the whole process, situation and purpose. I think writing the purpose/ reason as exploratory visit is reasonable but I do not understand why the officer based refusal on that through the attached document. That is the first time I see this paper of refusal and the reasons from which the officer select.
As for the financial/ funds I enclosed more than 20.000 , and my personal view to include at least 10.000 as bank statement as the immigration requirement.

I do not know how does the embassy decide but I think the Canadian embassy is different from the American one. The Canadian embassy studies well every document and all the information.

I will fllow up with the discussion here if there are more questions.

cheers
EMAD

Last edited by Rossman; Jul 29th 2012 at 3:33 pm.
Old Jul 29th 2012, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

Emad,

Thank you for your information. I did the same regarding the reason of visit but I didn't include such amount in the bank statement. Actually, currently I don't have much cash as i just finished home instalments.
What about credit cards or assets evaluation? Did you include any?

At last, in which stage you are currently?

Regards,
Mostafa
Old Jul 29th 2012, 5:46 pm
Just Joined

Rossman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ra_XOr
Emad,

Thank you for your information. I did the same regarding the reason of visit but I didn't include such amount in the bank statement. Actually, currently I don't have much cash as i just finished home instalments.
What about credit cards or assets evaluation? Did you include any?

At last, in which stage you are currently?

Regards,
Mostafa
Mostafa,

I finished the whole process last Dec.
AS for the credit cards, I did not mention that. Also, I think credit cards are different from one country to another. Unfortuntely, I know nothing about assets and shares but within the application as I remember there are 2 sections one for debts and one for the funds then at the end you calculate what you own as positive.
Officers have enough experience to deal with all cases because they assessed many applicants and trying to reflect on their experience.

wish you good day
EMAD
Old Jul 29th 2012, 7:19 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rossman
Mostafa,

I finished the whole process last Dec.
AS for the credit cards, I did not mention that. Also, I think credit cards are different from one country to another. Unfortuntely, I know nothing about assets and shares but within the application as I remember there are 2 sections one for debts and one for the funds then at the end you calculate what you own as positive.
Officers have enough experience to deal with all cases because they assessed many applicants and trying to reflect on their experience.

wish you good day
EMAD
Hi emad,

Could you please share your experience how your interview was?
how did you convince them ?
how much does it cost to spend one week there

Good luck
Old Jul 29th 2012, 7:58 pm
Just Joined

proreo is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

This thread is a great source of information. Thank you all.

@manitobain: Someone here said if I can convince you I can probably convince the officials... Can you please send me the private message. I don't seem to have the ability since I have just registered.

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.