Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Old Aug 20th 2012, 1:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Originally Posted by New_Start
Hi manitobain, it's my 4th month since I submitted my application. I'm worried that maybe I missed some docs or some docs are not good enough for Markus to make a decision? Do you think I should email him asking what's going on? I know Conmar, Dammy and I are in the same shoes, but I just can't help thinking of the worst-case scenatio.
Hi,
I wouldn't just yet. Last time I talked to Markus he said 4-6 months for applications to be processed. I do know that Conmar is in processing...so as you are all in same timeline, I just would try to stay calm for a little bit longer.

I know not easy...just keep the faith.
Old Aug 20th 2012, 5:59 pm
Just Joined

Senno is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Everyone.
I just stumbled upon this thread. Very informative I must say.
I was planning to apply for the MPNP, but realised the quota has been reached for the year. :sad: but I will just use what's left of the year to prepare towards next year.
The little hitch that's been worrying is that, I graduated from Marine Biology 3 years back and currently working as an Operations Officer in a manufacturing company. I have been thinking, will the fact that my education and career are in two different fields raise an eyebrow as to my ability to find a job in Manitoba?
Old Aug 20th 2012, 6:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Senno
Hello Everyone.
I just stumbled upon this thread. Very informative I must say.
I was planning to apply for the MPNP, but realised the quota has been reached for the year. :sad: but I will just use what's left of the year to prepare towards next year.
The little hitch that's been worrying is that, I graduated from Marine Biology 3 years back and currently working as an Operations Officer in a manufacturing company. I have been thinking, will the fact that my education and career are in two different fields raise an eyebrow as to my ability to find a job in Manitoba?
not if you can show them, that you can find a job..in either one or the other field.
Also, if you are saying you graduated 3 years back (and therefore maybe still in the right age category)..maybe you should have a look at the Working Holiday Visa instead (all filled up for this year too..but should open up Nov/Dec again for 2013)...it might get you in easier/faster.
Old Aug 20th 2012, 7:06 pm
Just Joined

proreo is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Originally Posted by manitobain
not if you can show them, that you can find a job..in either one or the other field.
Also, if you are saying you graduated 3 years back (and therefore maybe still in the right age category)..maybe you should have a look at the Working Holiday Visa instead (all filled up for this year too..but should open up Nov/Dec again for 2013)...it might get you in easier/faster.
Just to say it for future generations:
IEC (International Experience Canada) is based on agreement between Canadian government and other governments. It's open only to certain foreign nationals and for Canadians going the other way. Check their website. It has three categories (Working Holiday is merely one of them) and not all categories are available to every nationality.
Quota might still be there, just have a look.
It's worth checking with them (or embassy) to see when they plan to open up for 2013. It may well be in January. Again: keep checking the website
Old Aug 21st 2012, 1:31 am
Forum Regular

New_Start is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by manitobain
Hi,
I wouldn't just yet. Last time I talked to Markus he said 4-6 months for applications to be processed. I do know that Conmar is in processing...so as you are all in same timeline, I just would try to stay calm for a little bit longer.

I know not easy...just keep the faith.
Okay, keep patience
Old Aug 21st 2012, 2:57 pm
Just Joined

Senno is an unknown quantity at this point

@Manitobain and Proreo, I checked out the IEC, my country isn't listed.
@manitobain I can prove am employable. Gotta wait till next year. Thank you!!!
Old Aug 21st 2012, 3:04 pm
Just Joined

proreo is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Senno, sorry to hear that. You can still attempt to look for a job and someone may even sponsor you
Old Aug 21st 2012, 4:48 pm
Just Joined

maple44 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi folks,

My 120 days waiting period for EV approval expires today (April 23 - August 21) and no news from MPNP (?!). Some suggestions on the elements to include in my 'kind letter' asking for the possibility of this EV??

regards,
maple44
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 6:45 am
Forum Regular

Hey I got my LOA!! Thank you all for your support!!!
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 7:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Dammy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey New_Start let me be the first to congratulate you

When is your letter dated?

Conmar: Any news from your end? Am earnestly waiting for mine too
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 7:11 am
Forum Regular

Jaysuper is an unknown quantity at this point

Many congratulations to you New_Start. Really happy for you.
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dammy
Hey New_Start let me be the first to congratulate you

When is your letter dated?

Conmar: Any news from your end? Am earnestly waiting for mine too
It's issued on Jul. 30, mailed on Aug. 02. I guess they issue nomination letters on 30th of every month.
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

Dammy and Jaysuper, thank you!!
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

fols is on a distinguished road

Congratulations newstart,wishing you a smooth progress in your next phase application.
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 9:30 am
Just Joined

maple44 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations New_Start !!!!
We hope that the rest of the process will progress fine and you will reach MB in few months.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.