Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Old Jun 29th 2012, 10:06 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Originally Posted by New_Start
sorry about that, wrong information. only FSW and investor. my mistake
Thanks for clarifying, thought you knew something nobody else did!
Old Jun 29th 2012, 10:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Dammy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Conmar
Hi Dammy,

you're welcome.

Unfortunately, no news at all. We are getting slightly nervous , like being on pins and needles .

A positive response in this month would mean, we could perhaps leave from here by the end of September , but if it arrrives later, it will be January.
But then: finally home!!!!
What is your view as to putting a call through to MPNP in order to know the status since you are more than 3 months old?
Old Jun 29th 2012, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

fols is on a distinguished road

Fsw2 with arranged employment is not affected.
Old Jun 29th 2012, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

I sent my application for EV on 20th June ,its not been acknowleged and i havent received questions as well,i hope i receive a positive response in the next coming week,fingers crossed.
Old Jun 29th 2012, 11:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Conmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fols
I sent my application for EV on 20th June ,its not been acknowleged and i havent received questions as well,i hope i receive a positive response in the next coming week,fingers crossed.
Hi Fols,

perhaps you have already told them all they wanted to know in your application, than you will not receive questions at all, only an acknowledgement
and around up to 120 days later the decision. Good luck.
Old Jun 29th 2012, 11:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Conmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dammy
What is your view as to putting a call through to MPNP in order to know the status since you are more than 3 months old?
You've got a point there, I will wait till July 13th - GOOD LUCK - and ask about the status.

We have received our file number not within 48 hours, but on April 13th, due to technical programs,oops,problems.

I guess they are quite busy right now, and in view of what's going on now...
not really helpful to speed things up.
Old Jun 29th 2012, 11:42 am
BE Enthusiast

You've got a point there, I will wait till July 13th - GOOD LUCK - and ask about the status.

We have received our file number not within 48 hours, but on April 13th, due to technical programs,oops,problems.

I guess they are quite busy right now, and in view of what's going on now...
not really helpful to speed things up.

Would hang out and see how it goes then.

Cheers.
Old Jun 29th 2012, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

ra_XOr is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear all,

My friend got another email when he requested a certification.

" Unfortunately with the volume of request we receive balanced against the number of staff we have to complete interviews, we cannot accommodate your request at this time. Please consider reapplying in the fall."

It seems that they are very busy.

I finished preparing my documents and will submit for TRV in person next Monday.

Wish me luck..

Mostafa
Old Jun 29th 2012, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

travel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by travel
I was wondering if we need to submit our financial proofs again when we apply to the CIO. I went through the nomination application package check-list but could not find anything related to financial proofs.

Do we need to keep maintaining the liquid funds in bank account all the time till we are finally in Winnipeg ?
I guess this query from me went unnoticed . Requesting folks who have already applied to CIO to kindly clarify this point.

@Travel , @Dammy: Did you need to submit your financial proofs again while submitting documents to the CIO.
Old Jun 29th 2012, 1:26 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Fols,

perhaps you have already told them all they wanted to know in your application, than you will not receive questions at all, only an acknowledgement
and around up to 120 days later the decision. Good luck.
Thanks Conmar,i hope so,i learnt its now 120 days wait for invitation.With the recent fsw freeze news,i am thinking this route might get very busy soon.
Old Jun 29th 2012, 1:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

@ra_XOR: Good luck and all the best, Mostafa

@travel: I did notice it, but I am not sure either.
As far as I remember, I was told the last step is all or mainly about criminal records and medical check. Blame it on my age.

"Do we need to keep maintaining the liquid funds in bank account all the time till we are finally in Winnipeg ?"
Let's put it this way: it would prevent a case of unintended acceleration,oops,
shopping -just kidding.
Old Jun 29th 2012, 4:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

I guess this query from me went unnoticed . Requesting folks who have already applied to CIO to kindly clarify this point.

@Travel , @Dammy: Did you need to submit your financial proofs again while submitting documents to the CIO.

Just like what Conmar said, the only thing required for a PNP nominee in order to get PR visa is medical and security clearance (Police Clearance Certificate - PCC).

But I know someone who is already landed in Winnipeg through the General Stream of MPNP that was asked to submit his Proof of Funds (POF) at a time when the visa office was about to issue his visa.

I will want to assume this is just a random request done at the discretion of the visa officer and not that of CIC in general. I may be wrong or right.

All the best.
Old Jun 30th 2012, 1:15 am
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Dammy
I believe we need Manitobain (Ilse) more than ever now to help analyse the implication of all of what is playing out at the Federal level.

Manitobain Where Art Thou???????????????????????
sorry... but spent some time in the Rockies and wasn't permitted laptop
I will generally be a bit less on here (I imagine), as daughter with her 4 daughters is visiting for 2 months...so it is kinda noisy around here most of the time (lucky me, most of them sleep at second daughters place just down the road, only have one at a time for sleepovers..cute as they are)

Just read up now about the changes to the FSW...I don't have too many nice words for Mr. K. It is one thing to make those changes, but it is another to announce them that last minute, knowing that everybody was waiting for it for a while (or maybe he is so ignorant he doesn't know?)

Anyway, I can see the PNP program overflowing...because it might be for a lot of ppl now the only slim option (I don't think we can expect the FSW get restored as it was).

I would love to see the PNP's to grow...but wouldn't it be totally contradictory as Kenny just decided earlier in the year to make settlement federally again instead leaving it up to the Provinces?

Don't know ...bit at a loss, he just seems to cut down and down on everything...just because he can? We have a conference call scheduled mid July with PNP, this will for sure come up.

I saw somewhere that someone got declined because too many demand and not enough staff....well, I hope it is just a summer thing..with staff going on vacation and such. Let's keep fingers crossed that the new changes won't make it a permanent response.

cheers Ilse
Old Jun 30th 2012, 2:37 am
Forum Regular

ra_XOr is an unknown quantity at this point

@Manitobian: Welcome Back, we missed you for sure.

My friend got the decline duo high demand and they requested him to reapply next fall.

@All: Anyone tried Airbnb service as stay option ?!!
i could found lots of places with very good rates and very near to everything.

Mostafa
Old Jun 30th 2012, 7:14 am
Forum Regular

forourfuture is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Travel,

May I send you a PM for more infor?

Thank you.

Look for something around downtown area in case you plan to use the transit bus system. It is a small place and you can cover the whole of downtown on foot quite comfortably. The offices of the immigrant centre, banks, markets, employment agencies are all located within a radius of 2 kilometers in downtown. So if you find something around downtown you would save a lot of money. Look up the B&B links in Lovely_Clouds signature links.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.