Wikiposts

Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Old Jun 21st 2012, 11:24 am
Forum Regular

ra_XOr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Originally Posted by mpnpapps0412
I applied in April 2012 and got the first email asking 6 questions and nothing after that. Does anyone have nay idea how long it might take for them to tell me if they will invite me for an exploratory visit?
I applied in the same period, try to send a reminder email and mentioned that two and half months passed from your EV request.

I just got my acceptance yesterday.

Regards,
Mostafa
Old Jun 21st 2012, 11:25 am
Just Joined

Daisy101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey razor u must be very happy.
Old Jun 21st 2012, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

Thank you all my dear friends, i am really happy to have you all.

Now, the major step for TRV application, as i heard they have hard time accepting duo the strange political situation that we passing thru here in Egypt. But i will do all homework needed and hope for the best.

Originally Posted by FROID
Mabrouk ya Darsh, I am so happy for u bro. Thanks a lot for the smoking info. I will travel inshallah by next Aug 17 to 30 then I will travel to the US for another 9 days. I believe I will not catch u there, or u can change your plans and travel in Aug
Well done man, now u have to obtain your TRV asap.
My plan was to visit in July, but i think i won't be able to make it. I will apply for the TRV and decide after that depends on work conditions.
Old Jun 21st 2012, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Daisy101
Hey razor u must be very happy.
Yes, i am..

But more anxious and worried about the next steps to do .

Mostafa
Old Jun 21st 2012, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

So, where is the best place to stay in Winnipeg? mention that i love to use the Transit bus system and not into renting cars .

Regards,
Mostafa
Old Jun 21st 2012, 2:11 pm
Just Joined

mpnpapps0412 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ra_XOr
The post you qouted was 5 months ago, Milano97 already went to there and he got his acceptance letter.

Be patient, It takes around 3 months to get the approval and more in some cases.

Regards,
Mostafa
I know, but waiting is killing me!! I see that you also applied in April and just got your invite yesterday, i applied on 18th april so hopefully will hear soon.
BTW did you ever email them asking for updates?
Old Jun 21st 2012, 3:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

lovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant future

So, where is the best place to stay in Winnipeg? mention that i love to use the Transit bus system and not into renting cars .

Regards,
Mostafa
You can go with the B&B's or motels. Check you the 2 links in my signature.
If you plan for a B&B, there aren't usually many available because most B&Bs have regular Canadian business guests. So better hurry up. Ther are few quite affordable hotels & motels as well in the list.
Can help you if you finalize some list to work through
Old Jun 21st 2012, 7:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Conmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond repute

Regards,
Mostafa
Hi Mostafa,

we found our apartment here:

http://winnipeg.kijiji.ca/f-real-est...-term-rentals-
W0QQAdTypeZ2QQCatIdZ42

(www.kijiji.ca->Mantitoba->Winnipeg->short-term rentals)

Best places to stay with a focus on the bus system, hm, I would go for
the Kildonans (we staid in North Kildonan and did rent a car, but the bus stop
was only about 500 metres away), Transcona, Osborne Village, Fort Richmond, Fort Garry, to name but a few.
We are focussing on the southern or western areas of WPG, around Pembina Highway, St. Vital, St. Boniface, St. Norbert, Fort Richmond.

Winnipeggers advised us to stay away from the North End, the area north of
Portage Avenue/Trans-Canada Highway, at least not to walk there alone after nightfall. Nevertheless, there are also quarters with a good neighbourhood.

Just in case you need it, here are some links about neighbourhoods in WPG:

http://www.tourismwinnipeg.com/visitors/neighbourhoods

http://www.century21.ca/CA/MB/Winnipeg/Neighbourhoods

Maps and transportation:

http://www.tourismwinnipeg.com/visit...transportation

http://www.winnipegtransit.com/en

Regards
Markus
Old Jun 21st 2012, 8:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dammy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello New_Start any positive news from MPNP?, your application has spent 2 months and 13 days today from the date of your application of April 9, 2012.

In my own case am 2 months 2 days as at today and trust God for a positive feed back sooner.

Hoping to hear the good news from you sooner than later.

Cheers

Last edited by Dammy; Jun 21st 2012 at 8:40 pm.
Old Jun 21st 2012, 8:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dammy is an unknown quantity at this point

@Ilse: How are you doing?, you have been quiet a bit in the forum, suppose it is work and family matters. Just to say hi to you and Parkland Immigration.

BTW were able to discuss with the MPNP officials the option of sending emails to applicants after a decision on their applications have been reached even where they opt not to disclose the actual decision reached. This we believe will help an applicant know that his/her application has been concluded. You promised to explore this with the MPNP officials when we were all waiting for the LOA of Lovely_Clouds.

Also I heard the Kyiv, Ukraine exploratory trip has been concluded so most of the official should be heading back to Winnipeg now, so all those that are waiting for confirmation of EV invite like Gustekp may want to do a gentle reminder to MPNP and pray you all get a positive feedback.

Regards
Old Jun 21st 2012, 9:19 pm
Just Joined

torotee4 is just really nicetorotee4 is just really nicetorotee4 is just really nicetorotee4 is just really nicetorotee4 is just really nicetorotee4 is just really nicetorotee4 is just really nicetorotee4 is just really nice

Hello Dammy, thanks for the update. I was wondering that I haven't even got an AOR for my email application. I am praying for the best for all of us. I will wait till next week to see if I will get an AOR from them b4 contacting them again. God bless us all and all the best.
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 1:47 am
Forum Regular

FROID is an unknown quantity at this point

Regards,
Mostafa
Dear Mostafa
I believe Downtown location is the best place to stay and room around, I will be staying in Place Luis Riel Hotel Suites. It is very reliable and money worth and have a lot of positive reviews. You can check it out any where on the hotel reservation sites.
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 6:29 am
Forum Regular

FROID is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Conmar
Hi Mostafa,

we found our apartment here:

http://winnipeg.kijiji.ca/f-real-est...-term-rentals-
W0QQAdTypeZ2QQCatIdZ42

(www.kijiji.ca->Mantitoba->Winnipeg->short-term rentals)

Best places to stay with a focus on the bus system, hm, I would go for
the Kildonans (we staid in North Kildonan and did rent a car, but the bus stop
was only about 500 metres away), Transcona, Osborne Village, Fort Richmond, Fort Garry, to name but a few.
We are focussing on the southern or western areas of WPG, around Pembina Highway, St. Vital, St. Boniface, St. Norbert, Fort Richmond.

Winnipeggers advised us to stay away from the North End, the area north of
Portage Avenue/Trans-Canada Highway, at least not to walk there alone after nightfall. Nevertheless, there are also quarters with a good neighbourhood.

Just in case you need it, here are some links about neighbourhoods in WPG:

http://www.tourismwinnipeg.com/visitors/neighbourhoods

http://www.century21.ca/CA/MB/Winnipeg/Neighbourhoods

Maps and transportation:

http://www.tourismwinnipeg.com/visit...transportation

http://www.winnipegtransit.com/en

Regards
Markus
Dear Markus
I noticed thAt u have stayed for almost three weeks in Winnipeg. What about safty in downtown as I will be alone at Place Luis hotel located in Smith ave. is it possible to walk alone after dark or not.
When u rented the car, did u take the insurance or not. Do u have any advises in leasing a car
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 4:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

lovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by FROID
Dear Markus
I noticed thAt u have stayed for almost three weeks in Winnipeg. What about safty in downtown as I will be alone at Place Luis hotel located in Smith ave. is it possible to walk alone after dark or not.
When u rented the car, did u take the insurance or not. Do u have any advises in leasing a car
Hello Froid, Place Louis Riel Hotel is located at a very nice location in downtown; and we have found driving there very safe even in the late nights like after 10 pm or something. Moreover, currently the sunset time in Winnipeg is 9:40 pm... so it should be pretty alright.

What we found out was that - the north east part of city was the only area that can be termed as "slightly" un-safe or un-friendly. Downtown and South parts of city are pretty nice, and safe.
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 4:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

on a funny note .... i came across a video on YouTube about Winnipeg ... lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgWRVrQgLYI

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.