Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Old Jun 19th 2012, 9:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dammy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Originally Posted by lovely_clouds
Hey travel. Good to know that your online app is done.
About your question on PCC - Canadian embassy accepts PCC issued by either police station or Regional Post Office (India specific... diff rules for each country). Police station requires submitting the LOA copy towards proof of pcc requirement, & take 2-3 weeks in issuing the PCC due to complete verification for applicants.
On the other hand, with the new appointment system of passport PSK, you get appointment for 4-5 weeks ahead only, unless you are very very lucky. Once you get the appointment online, the process is pretty simple. Passport office does not require any proof for requirement of PCC, & they PCC same time (because verification already done while issuing passport).

And pcc is considered valid for 1 year from date of issue by Canadian Immigration officials.in my opinion, take only appointment after 1.5 or 1.75 months at passport psk of Gurgaon. Rest you can take your call based on above info.

Friends, my reply here is relevant primarily for Indian applicants.
@Lovely_Clouds and Travel: With respect to your submission "And pcc is considered valid for 1 year from date of issue by Canadian Immigration officials..........". You need to look at the provision of the guideline for Application for Permanent Residence – Provincial Nominee Program (IMM P7000) which says that "The certificate must have been issued no more than three months prior to submitting your application. If the original certificate is not in English or French, then you will need to submit both the certificate and the original copy of the translation prepared by an accredited translator."

Yes you are right that the PCC has a 1 year life span, but that is from the date of issue to when you get your PR visa. If you PR visa is not issued before the 1 year expiration you will be asked for a new PCC report when your visa is ready to be issued. With respect to applying to CIC Nova Scotia, the PCC must not be more than 3 months when submitting your application.

You may need to reconfirm from NDVO.

Regards.
Old Jun 19th 2012, 11:01 pm
Forum Regular

ra_XOr is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Mohamed,

I found the following information about travel to Canada,

"Tobacco products

You are allowed to bring all of the following amounts of tobacco into Canada free of duty and taxes:
•200 cigarettes;
• 50 cigars;
• 200 grams (7 ounces) of manufactured tobacco; and
• 200 tobacco sticks.

In addition, the Excise Act, 2001 also limits the quantity of tobacco products that can be imported (or possessed) by an individual for personal use if the tobacco product is not packaged and stamped "CANADA DUTY PAID ● DROIT ACQUITTÉ." The limit is currently five units of tobacco products. One unit of tobacco products consists of one of the following:
• 200 cigarettes;
• 50 cigars;
• 200 grams (7 ounces) of manufactured tobacco; or
• 200 tobacco sticks.
"

It was in the following link,

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publicati...-eng.html#s5x3

I hope this helped.

Best Regards,
Mostafa

Originally Posted by FROID
Dear Travel: Do u have any idea if it is possible to take (200 cigarettes) with me during my EV next Aug as I understood from u that it is very expensive even if I bought it from the Winnipeg's duty free. As I decided to buy it from my departure airport.

Last edited by ra_XOr; Jun 19th 2012 at 11:03 pm. Reason: Old qoutes popped up !! strange :)
Old Jun 20th 2012, 4:23 am
Just Joined

Daisy101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello evryone.
I have just received a mail from EV to answer those 6 questions, and they also stated a 120 day response time.
Just want to find out, after I send the answers, do I just wait for them to reply? Is it necessary to send a follow up mail?
Thanks
Old Jun 20th 2012, 4:40 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Daisy101
Hello evryone.
I have just received a mail from EV to answer those 6 questions, and they also stated a 120 day response time.
Just want to find out, after I send the answers, do I just wait for them to reply? Is it necessary to send a follow up mail?
Thanks
Depends how soon you're talking about, certainly don't send a follow up email unless lots of time has passed.

Just send what they've asked for, and then be patient, give it a few weeks before chasing.

Good luck.
Old Jun 20th 2012, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

Yahoooo I got the approval 3O mins ago.
thanks for everyone and hope for better in the visit.

I will prepare my itinerary and will post when I Confirm the visit dates. I am looking to be there in September.

Any Special advice for this time of the year?
Anyone will be there In the same time?

See you all Soon.

Mostafa
Old Jun 20th 2012, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Dammy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ra_XOr

I will prepare my itinerary and will post when I Confirm the visit dates. I am looking to be there in September.

See you all Soon.

Mostafa
Congratulations to you. Trust you will enjoy the chilling weather in September
Old Jun 20th 2012, 9:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

Congratulations ra_XOr, good news for you . We went in September last year and it was really nice weather, some gorgeous days, some warm and some a little chilly at times but really nice. We had a day on the beach which was gorgeous . Good luck
Old Jun 20th 2012, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

FROID is an unknown quantity at this point

See you all Soon.

Mostafa
Mabrouk ya Darsh, I am so happy for u bro. Thanks a lot for the smoking info. I will travel inshallah by next Aug 17 to 30 then I will travel to the US for another 9 days. I believe I will not catch u there, or u can change your plans and travel in Aug
Well done man, now u have to obtain your TRV asap.
Old Jun 20th 2012, 4:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

lovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant future

See you all Soon.

Mostafa

Congratulations ra_XOr. All the best on your EV
Old Jun 20th 2012, 4:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

lovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Dammy
@Lovely_Clouds and Travel: With respect to your submission "And pcc is considered valid for 1 year from date of issue by Canadian Immigration officials..........". You need to look at the provision of the guideline for Application for Permanent Residence – Provincial Nominee Program (IMM P7000) which says that "The certificate must have been issued no more than three months prior to submitting your application. If the original certificate is not in English or French, then you will need to submit both the certificate and the original copy of the translation prepared by an accredited translator."

Yes you are right that the PCC has a 1 year life span, but that is from the date of issue to when you get your PR visa. If you PR visa is not issued before the 1 year expiration you will be asked for a new PCC report when your visa is ready to be issued. With respect to applying to CIC Nova Scotia, the PCC must not be more than 3 months when submitting your application.

You may need to reconfirm from NDVO.

Regards.
Hi Dammy. Yes. I agree with what you say. I should have mentioned my assumption that you are sending your PR docs within 1-2 weeks of receiving your LOA.

Also what I found out while filing PR documents was that PCC was only roadblock in submitting the application, because obtaining PCC in India is real time consuming and difficult with ongoing changes in government systems. Most of the other information is either already filled in the online MPNP form; or is readily available from our existing documents.
Old Jun 20th 2012, 4:49 pm
Just Joined

mpnpapps0412 is an unknown quantity at this point

I applied in April 2012 and got the first email asking 6 questions and nothing after that. Does anyone have nay idea how long it might take for them to tell me if they will invite me for an exploratory visit?
Old Jun 20th 2012, 8:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Conmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mpnpapps0412
I applied in April 2012 and got the first email asking 6 questions and nothing after that. Does anyone have nay idea how long it might take for them to tell me if they will invite me for an exploratory visit?
Hello and welcome to the forum,
acccording to the post of Daisy101 it may take up to 120 days:
Originally Posted by Daisy101
Hello evryone.
Thanks
@ra_XOR: Congratulations and all the best, Mostafa. You will love it there, I am sure. And even if there may be colder days, the air is simply fantastic, as all the people were we had met during our EV. Depending on the letter we are waiting for, we may arrive there in October for good.
Best regards
Markus
Old Jun 20th 2012, 8:43 pm
Just Joined

torotee4 is just really nicetorotee4 is just really nicetorotee4 is just really nicetorotee4 is just really nicetorotee4 is just really nicetorotee4 is just really nicetorotee4 is just really nicetorotee4 is just really nice

Hello everyone, does anyone knows how long it takes to get the initial response from MPN strategy initiation EV request after the first email application? I am asking so that I can know when to expect at least the receipt acknowledgement of my email from them.

Thanks.
Old Jun 21st 2012, 9:29 am
Just Joined

mpnpapps0412 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Milano97
@Lovely_Clouds & Manitobain
Thanks a lot guys for your guidance. I will do as you said. Now, I am planning to do exploratory visit in March. Meanwhile , I will keep reading this thread like bible.
Cheers!!!!!
Did you get your invite for exploratory visit yet?
Old Jun 21st 2012, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mpnpapps0412
Did you get your invite for exploratory visit yet?
The post you qouted was 5 months ago, Milano97 already went to there and he got his acceptance letter.

Be patient, It takes around 3 months to get the approval and more in some cases.

Regards,
Mostafa

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.