Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Old Jun 28th 2012, 3:41 pm
Forum Regular

travel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant future
Default Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

I was wondering if we need to submit our financial proofs again when we apply to the CIO. I went through the nomination application package check-list but could not find anything related to financial proofs.

Do we need to keep maintaining the liquid funds in bank account all the time till we are finally in Winnipeg ?
Old Jun 28th 2012, 3:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Conmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by travel
Actually, even I experienced a few cases where people were driving like crazy, including a couple of times when some people just crossed the roads without any prior indication. Overall it was nothing to be worried about at all , an overwhelming majority of people however are quite diligent and careful about their road manners.
Affirmative, Travel.
I really prefer driving in Winnipeg, even in the rushhour, and on the highways to driving here in Europe, it is quite relaxing.
By the way, the trucks in Manitoba are allowed to drive as fast as the cars, and they often do so -and few even go faster. Quite impressive
Hope nobody got me wrong, I just wanted to tell about my experiences and what I have noticed, unbiased.

Best regards
Old Jun 28th 2012, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

FROID is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dammy
I don't expect it to affect those that have received their invite but it might be expedient to fast-track your visit now instead of waiting till later in the year to make the EV trip.

The whole immigration thing is changing very fast and the laws can easily change. The Federal government is planning a freeze on the Federal Skilled Work (FSW) program and this can result in a lot of FSW applicants looking the way of provincial programs like Manitoba. My advise is quickly go for the EV, get your invite, apply online for the nomination and file your file with CIO in Nova Scotia.

Please see the link for the Federal proposed freeze: http://www.theprovince.com/business/...692/story.html

Regards.
Thanks Dammy for the advice, Iam planning to do it next Aug
Old Jun 29th 2012, 1:56 am
Forum Regular

New_Start is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello New_Start any positive news from MPNP?, your application has spent 2 months and 13 days today from the date of your application of April 9, 2012.

In my own case am 2 months 2 days as at today and trust God for a positive feed back sooner.

Hoping to hear the good news from you sooner than later.

Cheers
Thanks. I'm still waiting. At least nobody asked me for more documents, so no news is a good news for now. I expect the nomination letter to come in 2 weeks, but who knows, it seems the process slowed down recently. Finger crossed for both of us!
Old Jun 29th 2012, 4:07 am
Forum Regular

Hey, Fed has stopped FSW, Fed investor, and fed Entrepreneur program, do you think it will affect our PNP application?
Old Jun 29th 2012, 5:55 am
Forum Regular

soulli82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

just bad news:thumbdown :

soulli,
Old Jun 29th 2012, 6:54 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by New_Start
Hey, Fed has stopped FSW, Fed investor, and fed Entrepreneur program, do you think it will affect our PNP application?
Where have you seen that they've stopped the Fed Entrepreneur program please?
Old Jun 29th 2012, 7:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Dammy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by New_Start
Hello New_Start: The information I read only mentioned Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) and Immigrant Investor programs. Don't think Fed Entrepreneur program is affected.
Old Jun 29th 2012, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

soulli82 is an unknown quantity at this point

how about the PNP?????
Old Jun 29th 2012, 8:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by soulli82
how about the PNP?????
PNP is not affected since you are being sponsored by the province and not the Federal Government.

I know each province is allocated certain quota of applicants they can nominate every year and if in the next six months people cannot go the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) route, I can bet you there will be a switch to various PNP options and Manitoba would not be an exception and this may slow things down for those in the process of their nomination. This is my own view.
Old Jun 29th 2012, 8:03 am
BE Enthusiast

PNP is not affected since you are being sponsored by the province and not the Federal Government.

I know each province is allocated certain quota of applicants they can nominate every year and if in the next six months people cannot go the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) route, I can bet you there will be a switch to various PNP options and Manitoba would not be an exception and this may slow things down for those in the process of their nomination. This is my own view.

I believe we need Manitobain (Ilse) more than ever now to help analyse the implication of all of what is playing out at the Federal level.

Manitobain Where Art Thou???????????????????????
Old Jun 29th 2012, 8:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Conmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond repute

I believe we need Manitobain (Ilse) more than ever now to help analyse the implication of all of what is playing out at the Federal level.

Manitobain Where Art Thou???????????????????????
Hi Dammy,
right you are. I fully agree to what you said before.

As far as I know, Manitobain is on holiday.

Best regards
Markus
Old Jun 29th 2012, 8:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Conmar
Hi Dammy,
right you are. I fully agree to what you said before.

As far as I know, Manitobain is on holiday.

Best regards
Markus

Oh I see. That is why we have not seen her comments on some of the burning issues in the forum.

Many thanks for the clarification Conmar. Any news on your nomination, your application is over 3 months now
Old Jun 29th 2012, 9:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Dammy,

you're welcome.

Unfortunately, no news at all. We are getting slightly nervous , like being on pins and needles .

A positive response in this month would mean, we could perhaps leave from here by the end of September , but if it arrrives later, it will be January.
But then: finally home!!!!
Old Jun 29th 2012, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Where have you seen that they've stopped the Fed Entrepreneur program please?
sorry about that, wrong information. only FSW and investor. my mistake

Effective July 1, 2012, Citizenship and Immigration Canada will temporarily cease accepting new applications to the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) and Immigrant Investor programs.

This temporary moratorium on new applications has been enacted so that the government can efficiently process applications already in queue. Candidates with offers of arranged employment, as well as those applying under the PhD stream, are still welcome to apply to the FSW program.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.