Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Old Feb 13th 2012, 5:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

as I heard from another client, she had a few days off. Do send her a little friendly reminder..telling her your flight is going such and such date.

She is usually very busy but also very good with answering emails..but must have had a ton lying there when coming back.
Old Feb 13th 2012, 5:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

lovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by manitobain
hi New_Start,
as forourfuture mentioned, you should take all relevant education/work experience proof etc along.
Chances do go down, if you can't show employability. It doesn't necessarly has to be an interview and/or best case scenario a job offer...but at least show that you approached some businesses (if you can't get an interview, show up there, leave your resume and ask for a business card..to show that you were there). Look through job sites, point out to the PNP officers the ones that would apply to your job etc..be creative if you can't get interview/job offer...you need to show effort
What is your line of work ..if I may ask?

@lovely_clouds: hope you made it home safe and sound. Thanks for the great visit and keeping fingers crossed for the interview. I can't see why they not would want you .
I had some info on the area lying for you to take along.. I totally forgot about it...well you will have to come back and see for yourself in the summer
Hello @New_Start,

Welcome to the forum. As @manitobian has mentioned, you should alteast plan for these actions. During the Exploratory Visit, the main & most prime focus of immigration officers is on 2 aspects :- Job (Income) & Housing (Living).
You have to prove that you are employable; and that you have visited few houses which you like and will be affordable to you within the income you expect to earn in Manitoba. We are currently on our Exploratory Visit in Manitoba itself; and have found a general trend that people with skills in domain of construction (plumbing, electric, etc) & truck drivers are in high demand. Well... not sure what your profession is.... we are just suggesting generally.
As an option, you can try get in touch with some recruitment agencies here in Manitoba as per your domain of work. That may help.

@manitobian :

Hey Ilse, it was very nice & wonderful meeting all of you there. And my hubby's already mentioned that we will visit again in summers, and this time with plenty of time at hand. Meeting with you yesterday seemed such a short time. We added your location on our GPS for next time travel

And next time we come, I will definitely play with your pets. They are so quiet and welcoming - so much different from what we see from pets back home .... he he he

Just hoping that all goes well tomorrow
Old Feb 13th 2012, 6:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

@Sumegha : adding a few to yours...but I really can't see why it wouldn't
Old Feb 13th 2012, 6:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

lovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by manitobain
@Sumegha : adding a few to yours...but I really can't see why it wouldn't
Thanks. Will let you know the result tomorrow. Doing finalization on our report today now.
Old Feb 13th 2012, 7:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dammy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lovely_clouds
Thanks. Will let you know the result tomorrow. Doing finalization on our report today now.
Wishing you all the best on all the effort put on this visit:fingerscross ed:
Old Feb 13th 2012, 11:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

Lovely clouds, very best of luck for tomorrow, im sure it will go very well . So glad to see your trip is really good. Did you stay at Ellies? I also stayed at two bed and breakfast and found the people so helpful. Best of luck and for you.

New start, I did a search and found jobs like my own and got telephone numbers and e mail addresses online and called them up asking if I could go and see them and talk about the work there compared to here in the UK - didnt have job interviews - people were prepared to meet with me and very helpful. Also I just asked one person who had a job a little similar to mine how to apply for work in his company and he told me so I just went to their personel offices for a chat and asked for a card there also. Hope this helps and that it works out okay for you.

So much is happening on here I cant keep up!! . My application finally goes tomorrow!!!! Have the police checks through now - my daughters took about 4/5 days and mine came a coupld of weeks later. I now have everything and found part of the guide and whats needed has changed a couple of times, had to print stuff a few times. Also got some things I dont need but they will be handy in the future Im sure (letters from work going back 10 years).

Banola and Jim, how are your applications going?
Lovely clouds - good luck again
Old Feb 14th 2012, 1:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Thumbs up Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

@dammy, @voilets:

Thank you for the warm wishes. We will update our results tomorrow evening.

God Bless
Old Feb 14th 2012, 1:27 am
Forum Regular

New_Start is an unknown quantity at this point

lovely_clouds, manitobian , Violets are blue, thank you for your info and they are very helpful. I did send emails and resumes to some of the employers and recruiters but they didn't reply at all. i'm ready to take down some phone numbers and call them directly.

manitobian, I have been working as a software engineer for some years, went to business school in US, got a data/reporting analyst job in US and worked there for 3 years, i'm right now in Beijing working for my friend as a senior manager. I'm looking for a business/reporting analyst job. but i have to admit there are not a lot of this kind of job openings on workopolis.com and other websites, not more than 3 pages i would say.

lovely_clouds, good luck! pray for you.

NostalgiaLava, my contact is Markus, he confirmed my interview date the very next day after my request, so i guess they have different workload and work style but i don't think you should just wait, a reminder should be fine.
Old Feb 14th 2012, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

travel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant future

lovely_clouds it is great to read your experience and hats off to Manitobian for extending such a warm welcome and support to you. Do keep us updated on how your interview goes, I am sure all of us here are waiting with bated breaths to hear from you.

I am also waiting with crossed fingers. I applied on 6th Jan and got an acknowledgement on 13th with a few questions. I replied the same instant and have been waiting since. I was wondering how long is it usually before one gets a response ?

Travel
Old Feb 14th 2012, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

New_Start is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by travel
lovely_clouds it is great to read your experience and hats off to Manitobian for extending such a warm welcome and support to you. Do keep us updated on how your interview goes, I am sure all of us here are waiting with bated breaths to hear from you.

I am also waiting with crossed fingers. I applied on 6th Jan and got an acknowledgement on 13th with a few questions. I replied the same instant and have been waiting since. I was wondering how long is it usually before one gets a response ?

Travel
Travel, like I have mentioned, I applied on Dec 08, got invitation email on Jan 16. during this period markus and I did have some emails back and forth. so in your case the invitation should be coming soon, or you may send a friendly reminder, which is what i did and it turned out i forgot to send them my passport copy. maybe you forgot something too and it won't hurt to ask.
Old Feb 14th 2012, 4:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by travel

Travel
@travel, usually it's a month from mail sent that one receives the invitation. Am not sure whether it's a process.... But that has been a norm with most people on this forum. So with us as well.
If you don't receive any email in 1.75 months, you may choose to send a gentle reminder, because as per process they say 3 months. Just have a little patience. And all the best.

Also thanks for the wishes. It's THE D- DAY for us today
Old Feb 14th 2012, 5:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by New_Start
lovely_clouds, manitobian , Violets are blue, thank you for your info and they are very helpful. I did send emails and resumes to some of the employers and recruiters but they didn't reply at all. i'm ready to take down some phone numbers and call them directly.

manitobian, I have been working as a software engineer for some years, went to business school in US, got a data/reporting analyst job in US and worked there for 3 years, i'm right now in Beijing working for my friend as a senior manager. I'm looking for a business/reporting analyst job. but i have to admit there are not a lot of this kind of job openings on workopolis.com and other websites, not more than 3 pages i would say.

lovely_clouds, good luck! pray for you.

NostalgiaLava, my contact is Markus, he confirmed my interview date the very next day after my request, so i guess they have different workload and work style but i don't think you should just wait, a reminder should be fine.
@NewStart

There are many software engineer jobs... majorly in Microsoft.NET & Java platforms; and equal number of Business Analyst jobs as well. Try contacting some recruitment agencies. Instead of contacting through job portals, just find out about the recruitment companies and contact them directly. For instance - RandStad or PeopleFirst HR. If possible contact their local offices in Manitoba specifically. Brandon & Winnipeg are 2 cities for IT in Manitoba.

Good luck with your search; & thanx for the wishes.
Old Feb 14th 2012, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

NostalgiaLava is an unknown quantity at this point

@newstart you can join groups related to Winnipeg on LinkedIn. One I think is called software engineers in winnipg. I would also consider canadianizing my cv.
Old Feb 14th 2012, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

NostalgiaLava is an unknown quantity at this point

@lovely clouds: Ithank u for the info sharing. I hope we will have good info to share as well. So I understand u prepare a report for the interview? And another thing I am wondering about: when applying for job, do u include cover letter explaining about immigration status or kep that for later? And how much time it takes for people to reply for job interview? I like the approach violets had : it would be easier to get people to talk to us as sharing info than official interview.
Old Feb 14th 2012, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yippee. Got it. Just exited the building with invite in hand.

Catching some breath now. Will update more in evening.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.