Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Old Feb 7th 2012, 5:21 pm
Just Joined

bonola10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Hi everyone. I know it's been a while i said anything but that's because I've been quite busy tying up loose ends. I got my exploratory visit approved and i'm now putting my Visa application together.
@ lovelyclouds thanks for your daily updates, it's been quite inspiring and makes me wanna get mine sorted asap.
@ Manitobian thanks a lot for the constant advice & support.
@ Dammy, can i PM you?
Old Feb 7th 2012, 5:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

lovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by manitobain
@forourfuture:
I couldn't say anything about your chances of finding a job (if so, it probably would be either Winnipeg or maybe Brandon ..it wouldn't be out here). Qualification wise you should be good, will you find a job..up to you to prove that
Accounting might be easier, you are right.

You might not want to wait too long...rumors are that CIC will change conditions and focus more on tradesppl (and language skills and age limits). Nobody knows for now, if and how that is going to happen and nobody knows if the PNP have to or will adjust to such changes, but why take the chance?

Ilse
Hi Ilse

Will that change in condition impact us, who are in process of Exploratory Visit, but not applied for PNP yet?
Old Feb 7th 2012, 7:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dammy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bonola10
Hi everyone. I know it's been a while i said anything but that's because I've been quite busy tying up loose ends. I got my exploratory visit approved and i'm now putting my Visa application together.
@ lovelyclouds thanks for your daily updates, it's been quite inspiring and makes me wanna get mine sorted asap.
@ Manitobian thanks a lot for the constant advice & support.
@ Dammy, can i PM you?

fell free.
Old Feb 7th 2012, 7:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dammy
fell free.
@bonola10

I mean feel free to PM.
Old Feb 7th 2012, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

jim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond repute

exploratory visit applied for today!

I'm currently a Police Officer, previous to that I was an Electrical Engineer, fingers crossed I will be granted my visit:-)

Good luck to everyone in the same boat,

Jim
Old Feb 7th 2012, 11:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

@Jim: keeping fingers crossed for you
@lovely_clouds: you should almost be through the PNP by that time. I am only guessing. Rules for what needs to be submitted could change (maybe ielts requiered?)..both for PNP and/or PR application...or not. (I hate how they do this w/o much adjusting time)
Old Feb 9th 2012, 9:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by manitobain
@Jim: keeping fingers crossed for you
@lovely_clouds: you should almost be through the PNP by that time. I am only guessing. Rules for what needs to be submitted could change (maybe ielts requiered?)..both for PNP and/or PR application...or not. (I hate how they do this w/o much adjusting time)
Hello House any news from forum members.

@Lovely_clouds. How is your exploratory visit going?.

Dammy
Old Feb 10th 2012, 5:27 am
Forum Regular

NostalgiaLava is an unknown quantity at this point

My exploratory visit is booked for 1st of April. I understand they might require additional papers... Btw I already submitted for them in the email ielts so no problem in that. But is it possible they would cancel the whole stream? What will happen to us those that already on their way there?
Old Feb 10th 2012, 6:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NostalgiaLava
My exploratory visit is booked for 1st of April. I understand they might require additional papers... Btw I already submitted for them in the email ielts so no problem in that. But is it possible they would cancel the whole stream? What will happen to us those that already on their way there?

@NostalgiaLava
It would be safer to say those with the MPNP nomination letter or form will be able to apply if there is any change as being speculated. There may be additional requirements for those that are yet to apply for exploratory visit and or those that have been given an invitation to apply. I also want to believe that CIC will carry the various provinces along in the proposed change and hope that the peculiarity and immigration peculiarity of each province will be incorporated in the final document.

Manitobain I hope am not off point?
Old Feb 10th 2012, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

NostalgiaLava is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't get it what kind of changes are we talking about?
Old Feb 10th 2012, 1:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NostalgiaLava
I don't get it what kind of changes are we talking about?
There are speculations that the rules to immigration (see Manitobain response to lovely_clouds) may change and that is what am referring to.
Old Feb 10th 2012, 1:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

lovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Dammy
Hello House any news from forum members.

@Lovely_clouds. How is your exploratory visit going?.

Dammy
Hello Dammy,

We are enjoying -20 degrees of temperature here...gave couple of emplyment interviews so far going well.computers is in big demand here...also almost every employer is aware of this nomination program..so its easy to explain

However I must say that once you are here do try to live in b & b atleast for 4 to 5 days...you will be amazed on information and help you get from their owners...so we are off for sseeing some more rentals today...all the best to all my fellow members...will keep you guys updated...
Old Feb 10th 2012, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

forourfuture is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lovely_clouds
Hello Dammy,

We are enjoying -20 degrees of temperature here...gave couple of emplyment interviews so far going well.computers is in big demand here...also almost every employer is aware of this nomination program..so its easy to explain

However I must say that once you are here do try to live in b & b atleast for 4 to 5 days...you will be amazed on information and help you get from their owners...so we are off for sseeing some more rentals today...all the best to all my fellow members...will keep you guys updated...
Wish you get nomination letter soon, lovely_clouds
Old Feb 10th 2012, 3:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by forourfuture
Wish you get nomination letter soon, lovely_clouds
Thanks a lot
Old Feb 10th 2012, 3:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

changes coming:
Here is what I hear: The changes will be coming from CIC, MB has no intention to change anything much, unless it is forced through the federal rule changes.
The PNP's are looked very highly at by the federal government (with the slight exception of the East Provinces, as there have been some fraud happening..which is more an internal cleaning things up I hope). MB is looked as an example of how well it works, so I don't see them cancelling it in anyway..but again, slight rule changes ..additional info ...seem highly likely in order to adapt to federal way of thinking.
One thing that might happen is the fight over numbers of applicants to each province/year. Ontario who had been very ignorant of the program (think their version of PNP is the worst to get into), didn't had the population growth that other provinces had....now all of the sudden they want their "fare share" of applicants (saying that quota should go by population numbers)...which is really an oxymoron... as the program was created to bring more immigration to provinces with less share of the overall program and get more immigrants to places they might not have known about otherwise. That's a saga to be continued..I know MB will fight it with all they have and I don't think it will affect 2012 numbers in any way.

Above is only my assumption...

@lovely_clouds : give me a sign..still planning on coming out??

btw.. it was -32 C here this morning..just a slight bit chilly

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.