Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Old Feb 24th 2012, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

NostalgiaLava is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Exploring Winnipeg first 10 days of April. I wonder if there would be any snow left!
Old Feb 24th 2012, 9:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dammy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NostalgiaLava
Exploring Winnipeg first 10 days of April. I wonder if there would be any snow left!
That means we would both be in Manitoba the same time. Planning my visit for the same period.
Old Feb 24th 2012, 9:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bonola10
@ Dammy, congratulations. I sent you a PM, can you check and reply please. Thanks

Okay. Will check it out.
Old Feb 25th 2012, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

travel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Dammy
To God be the glory I received my TRV today.
Congrats Dammy, wish you all the best. If I get my invite I might visit in April for the recce too, let be in touch.

I applied on 6th Jan, got the acknowledgement on 13th Jan along-with the standard questions, I replied the same day but and since then no news.
Old Feb 25th 2012, 7:47 am
Forum Regular

travel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by timsmum
WOOOOO! Its going to be a good year indeed!!! So much good news...so much buzzz...
We got our invitation today from Markusss....We are so exciteddddddddd.....Just to say thank you to everyone and will keep you posted on travel dates and the visit.....
@Dakingpin..yours should be on the way anytime now...i think we are kinda in the same lap in the race....
YEAYYYYYYYY!!!!! XXXXXXX

Wow, it is really great to hear that you got your invite too. Things are sure moving fast, lots of luck for your visit and perhaps I will be there too (If I get my invite )
Old Feb 25th 2012, 10:18 am
Just Joined

timsmum is an unknown quantity at this point

@travel you ll get a response sooon. we applied around the same time as you... all the best....
Old Feb 25th 2012, 2:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

lovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant future

@Da Kingpinn - Thanks for the wishes. We filed our PNP application this week. Lets hope for the best now.

@timsmum - congrats to you on your invitation

@travel - all the best to you. You might get it shortly. Patience is the key.
Old Feb 25th 2012, 2:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

lovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant future

Does anybody have experience with the people bank? Are they charging job seekers for money? I had a contact in LinkedIn and got an interview date set... But not sure if there is anything I should take into consideration.
@nostalgialava - About People Bank : no idea, we didnt contact them for their service. But, in Winnipeg what we heard was - none of the recruitment agency can charge any sort of fees from the candidates. If any agency charges - its a fraud. And People Bank is a big scale agency. So my understanding would be that "NO" they will not be charging the candidates. Anyways, you are going to have an interview with their representative about job prospects. You can raise your queries with them during the interview / meeting.

The season in April is going to be pretty decent. Already the temprature has come down to 0 / -1 C, compared to -10/-19 2 weeks back. Moreover April is considered as start of Spring season. You might see just a little bit of left-over snow here and there during April.
Old Feb 25th 2012, 3:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

@manitobian ..... uuuhuuuuuu

Are you alright??

Haven't seen you around since long now.

We miss you.
Old Feb 25th 2012, 3:18 pm
Just Joined

Da Kingpinn is an unknown quantity at this point

@ Timsmum....Congrats on your invitation ! & thanks for helping to calm my nerves too. I hope I get mine soon. When do u & hubby plan to visit ?

An ' April Tag-team' between u, Dammy & NostalgiaLava may be cool ...

If I get my invite, I'll probably plan for May.
Old Feb 25th 2012, 3:30 pm
Just Joined

timsmum is an unknown quantity at this point

@ Dakingpinn..we plan to visit around the last week of april and the first week in May still looking at flights, bandbs,car rental and doing loads more research. Its such a good feeling and i think this is where it really takes over your life

@Dammy did u get my PM

thanks everyone for your kind thoughts
Old Feb 25th 2012, 5:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by timsmum
@ Dakingpinn..we plan to visit around the last week of april and the first week in May still looking at flights, bandbs,car rental and doing loads more research. Its such a good feeling and i think this is where it really takes over your life

@Dammy did u get my PM

thanks everyone for your kind thoughts

Yeah I did. Thanks. Working on some of appointments and other ancilliary issues.
Old Feb 25th 2012, 6:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

@ lovely_clouds: how sweet to see you guys miss me ..great to hear you handed in your application, heard anything from the potential employer?

I was for the last 3 days at a conference in Brandon, had my laptop along...but ended up not doing much..as a) nice restaurants there.. and b) a banquet was to attend as well (lol and then we had a hockey crazy guy along, so we ended up watching the Jet's game in the lounge after the banquet...so the rest of the evening is rather a blurr.. )

Just looked up the People Bank (never had heard about them..but then, they seem only to work in a few specific cities), so can't really comment on them.

I think (but am not 100 % sure) that these sort of agencies take a fee from the employer..don't know if they take as well from the employee (I wouldn't go with them if they do).
As to if they are allowed to do so or not, I would think they are allowed.
The portion which is not allowed is if an "immigration consultant" offers jobs as well. This agency has nothing to do with immigration as far as I can see, so they wouldn't fall into the same category. But again, I know my stuff on the immigration level (..or so I think) but am not very familiar with job agencies itself.

Sounds like it will be a very busy spring for Winnipeg with all of you visiting . If ever you feel like coming out, let me know and get a way description from lovely_clouds ..lol...now that they know ) (just had to tease you a bit, of course I can give details too)

Weather can really be everything in April..most of the time it hasn't been the most beautiful time of the year. Chances are it is still grey..or maybe winter comes late? . Seems as if we are one of the few regions that actually have some snow ..in the Brandon area the fields are bare and it sure doesn't look like a "normal" February.

feel free to pm me, if there is anything I can help with.

cheers Ilse
Old Feb 25th 2012, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

NostalgiaLava is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks ilse. I was just hoping I can see snow
Old Feb 25th 2012, 7:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by manitobain
@ lovely_clouds: how sweet to see you guys miss me ..great to hear you handed in your application, heard anything from the potential employer?

I was for the last 3 days at a conference in Brandon, had my laptop along...but ended up not doing much..as a) nice restaurants there.. and b) a banquet was to attend as well (lol and then we had a hockey crazy guy along, so we ended up watching the Jet's game in the lounge after the banquet...so the rest of the evening is rather a blurr.. )

Just looked up the People Bank (never had heard about them..but then, they seem only to work in a few specific cities), so can't really comment on them.

I think (but am not 100 % sure) that these sort of agencies take a fee from the employer..don't know if they take as well from the employee (I wouldn't go with them if they do).
As to if they are allowed to do so or not, I would think they are allowed.
The portion which is not allowed is if an "immigration consultant" offers jobs as well. This agency has nothing to do with immigration as far as I can see, so they wouldn't fall into the same category. But again, I know my stuff on the immigration level (..or so I think) but am not very familiar with job agencies itself.

Sounds like it will be a very busy spring for Winnipeg with all of you visiting . If ever you feel like coming out, let me know and get a way description from lovely_clouds ..lol...now that they know ) (just had to tease you a bit, of course I can give details too)

Weather can really be everything in April..most of the time it hasn't been the most beautiful time of the year. Chances are it is still grey..or maybe winter comes late? . Seems as if we are one of the few regions that actually have some snow ..in the Brandon area the fields are bare and it sure doesn't look like a "normal" February.

feel free to pm me, if there is anything I can help with.

cheers Ilse

Hiiii Ilse.... back

you know while coming to your place, we went off the track for a bit.... but in the end it was a very pleasant drive around Rossburn

BTW, against which team were Jet's playing then? Did Jet's win?
After our trip to winnipeg we've sort of hung up for the game too.. After all Jets gonna b our team as well

!!GO JETTERS GO!! !!GO JETTERS GO!! !!GO JETTERS GO!!

We'r still working on the employment side. No word from the company yet. They were good enough to accommodate personal interview at short notice of 1 day. Hopefully we might hear something by end of month, as per the timeline given by them.

Right now we are just looking forward to be back in Winnipeg on permanent. Working out for the right time now.

Cheers!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.