Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Old Jul 4th 2012, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

ra_XOr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Hi Maple44,

Did you sent them a follow up email?
Just a gentle follow up email and tell them that 3 months passed from your application. If no response, i think you have to wait till the 120 days run out.
They seems very busy these days, even one of my friends get a temporary decline duo the lack of staff to handle all the requests.

I hope the best for you and to get positive feedback soon.

Mostafa

Originally Posted by maple44
Hi Mostafa,

I received a 120 days confirmation e-mail.

My dates are:
Application: April 12, 2012
Questions received: April 20, 2012
Question replied: April 23, 2012.

regards,
maple44
Old Jul 4th 2012, 11:37 pm
Just Joined

robertlowe855 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all, thanks for sharing and sory its been so long since ive asked my questions... my girlfriend and I applied yesterday and received a confirmation email today!
little background: We did our EV last year beginning of august and interviewed with an immigration agent. all went well, just took us long to gather all the paperwork...
Anyway we are on the way...
anyone has any idea how long it takes?
Old Jul 5th 2012, 3:26 am
Forum Regular

New_Start is an unknown quantity at this point

aaaaah, waiting is so painful
Old Jul 5th 2012, 7:32 am
Just Joined

maple44 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi ra_XOr,

I think that considering the 120 days from April 23, and the typical summer backlog, I should better wait until mid-August for the gentle e-mail you mention.

Thanks a lot, and good luck !!
Old Jul 5th 2012, 7:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Dammy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by New_Start
aaaaah, waiting is so painful

I feel you New_start and pray we get it sooner.

Last edited by Dammy; Jul 5th 2012 at 8:10 am.
Old Jul 5th 2012, 9:46 am
Just Joined

e4ma is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear all,

I am here once again in your beck and call,asking all who had been for exploratory visit to assit me with the following questions as my application was approved for EV October 2011 and now am planning to obtain entry clearance(Visa) to enable me travel in October this year.

1. What type of Visa did you applied for?

2. My occupation is in Professional Services to Management (1122) and Restaurant and Food Services Manager(0631) withover 12 years working experience?

3.Did you all show evidence of scheduled interview with prospective recruiters to the visa office in charge of your country in your application submission?

4.Has Markus already Scheduled you for interview before you obtain your visas?

5.How many days did you people stay in Manitoba?

6.Kindly give me your daily iTNERARIES while in Manitoba to enabele me apply for visas.

7.Finally,i am finding it difficult booking confirmed Hotel Reservation as the hotel is asking for a deposit or advance payment of $100 for a 20 days visitation.

8.How good is Capri Motel in Winnipeg?

PS: I changed my employer in March 2012 and still on Probation and as such,my employer will not be issuing a reference letter on my behalf,i think a strong written Explanation will do.This is because i will be due for confirmation in September and my annual leave commences thereafter.

Thanks all
Old Jul 5th 2012, 9:51 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Dammy
Hi Nordex,

Wish you well on your EV trip. With 50 companies scheduled to be visited, who knows you may end up being employed even before the expiration of your visit

so much like:fingerscrosse d:
Old Jul 5th 2012, 10:06 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by manitobain
I re-read ra_Xor post, it talks about reapplying in fall (which means I would try it again in 2 months..). At this moment I am guessing they are having not enough staff due to vacation time mostly and due to the fact that Sarah moved on and the new staff is not (yet) that efficient as she was...plus they are preparing for a visit in Ireland in October hint to everybody from Ireland and around, there might be your chance to get an interview in w/o visit to Canada .
So unless you have a very urgent reason, I'd say skip July/August and start in September asking for EV (but heh, with the speed things are changing with the Feds, I can only assume..but not know for 100 %)
'Sarah moved on and the new staff is not (yet) that efficient as she was...' hope am not going to have issues as she happened to be the one that approved my EV. In my Visa form,i mentioned her name or shoud i change it to Markus?
Old Jul 5th 2012, 2:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

@e4ma:

I am here once again in your beck and call,asking all who had been for exploratory visit to assit me with the following questions as my application was approved for EV October 2011 and now am planning to obtain entry clearance(Visa) to enable me travel in October this year.

My view is that you have left things this late and hope MPNP officers will oblige you for an interview. Please note that despite the fact that you have an EV invite you still need to get confirmation from MPNP as to a convenient date for your visit cum interview and considering the few people that have been turn down or requested to apply later, I pray they accept your visit now.

You will have to apply for a visiting visa.

2. My occupation is in Professional Services to Management (1122) and Restaurant and Food Services Manager(0631) withover 12 years working experience?

3.Did you all show evidence of scheduled interview with prospective recruiters to the visa office in charge of your country in your application submission?

You really dont need that to apply for the TRV (visiting visa). Your EV invite is enough

Yes. You need the confirmation email that they are willing to have a chat with you after the EV before you apply for your visa.

The current wording in an EV invite email is a 7-10 days stay at the minimum for an EV trip. It is up to you to decide based on what you intend to do, how long it will take you. Whatever your plans, this can be covered latest in 10 days. In my own case I spent 9 days due to the Easter holiday break which made me defer my interview date from Monday - April 9 (because it was a holiday for MPNP staff) to Tuesday - April 10. Started my trip on April 2

6.Kindly give me your daily iTNERARIES while in Manitoba to enabele me apply for visas.

This is tough to do since no two explorers will be the same. You need to arrange where you intend to go and likewsie who you intend to visit, all of these will help you to form your itineraries. A sample itineraries will be like:

Day 1: Visit XYZ company
Day 2: To visit or appointment to meet Mr. ABC of XXXX company
Day 8: To have interview with MPNP official

7.Finally,i am finding it difficult booking confirmed Hotel Reservation as the hotel is asking for a deposit or advance payment of $100 for a 20 days visitation.

Am surprised you are having a challenge making a hotel booking Some hotel do ask for deposit and in as much as you have a credit or debit card issued by visa/mastercard/amex, etc that is generally accepted you shouldn't have a problem making a reservation. The advance payment you mentioned will form part of the hotel cost if you end up staying in this same hotel. Non issue for me.

I would advise you check the signature of one of the forum member called Lovely_Clouds. She has a link of hotels and Bed and Breakfast you can stay in Winnipeg for an EV trip. It was a useful link for me during my trip.

PS: I changed my employer in March 2012 and still on Probation and as such,my employer will not be issuing a reference letter on my behalf,i think a strong written Explanation will do.This is because i will be due for confirmation in September and my annual leave commences thereafter.

My advise is ensure you get an official letter of reference from your company even if you have to get it from your direct boss instead of your human resource department since you have not been confirmed. This is hinged on the fact that with the current FWS freeze now and the scramble for alternatives may put you in a tight corner to convince the Canadian embassy in your country as to strong link back home that you will be returning back after the visit.

Last edited by Dammy; Jul 5th 2012 at 2:09 pm.
Old Jul 5th 2012, 10:53 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Dammy
@e4ma:

My view is that you have left things this late and hope MPNP officers will oblige you for an interview. Please note that despite the fact that you have an EV invite you still need to get confirmation from MPNP as to a convenient date for your visit cum interview and considering the few people that have been turn down or requested to apply later, I pray they accept your visit now.

You will have to apply for a visiting visa.

You really dont need that to apply for the TRV (visiting visa). Your EV invite is enough

Yes. You need the confirmation email that they are willing to have a chat with you after the EV before you apply for your visa.

The current wording in an EV invite email is a 7-10 days stay at the minimum for an EV trip. It is up to you to decide based on what you intend to do, how long it will take you. Whatever your plans, this can be covered latest in 10 days. In my own case I spent 9 days due to the Easter holiday break which made me defer my interview date from Monday - April 9 (because it was a holiday for MPNP staff) to Tuesday - April 10. Started my trip on April 2

This is tough to do since no two explorers will be the same. You need to arrange where you intend to go and likewsie who you intend to visit, all of these will help you to form your itineraries. A sample itineraries will be like:

Day 1: Visit XYZ company
Day 2: To visit or appointment to meet Mr. ABC of XXXX company
Day 8: To have interview with MPNP official

Am surprised you are having a challenge making a hotel booking Some hotel do ask for deposit and in as much as you have a credit or debit card issued by visa/mastercard/amex, etc that is generally accepted you shouldn't have a problem making a reservation. The advance payment you mentioned will form part of the hotel cost if you end up staying in this same hotel. Non issue for me.

I would advise you check the signature of one of the forum member called Lovely_Clouds. She has a link of hotels and Bed and Breakfast you can stay in Winnipeg for an EV trip. It was a useful link for me during my trip.

My advise is ensure you get an official letter of reference from your company even if you have to get it from your direct boss instead of your human resource department since you have not been confirmed. This is hinged on the fact that with the current FWS freeze now and the scramble for alternatives may put you in a tight corner to convince the Canadian embassy in your country as to strong link back home that you will be returning back after the visit.
thank you Dammy for your detailed response. Well,i have a family of five and have been a great traveller career wise and thus the VO's always separate chaff from the grain.

In everything i do,i always ensure that i follow the right way of doing things at the right time. I have a record of the mail i sent to Sarah last December informing her of my willingness to embark on EV in March 2012 which she replied on February 2012 advising me to contact her anytime my visiting visa comes through to enable her schedule me for an interview.

I equally informed Sarah about my new employer.

I could recall reading a post where it was mentioned that Sarah has moved on. Meaning she is no longer with Immigration labor.
Now tell me,is it Tourist Visa or Others that you checked? How much did you pay per night?
Old Jul 6th 2012, 2:17 am
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

in regards to Sarah: She is still with the MPNP ..only moved to a different department. If she has been your contact, let her know that you are now planning your visit (though I do have to say ..dragging it out for a year isn't really how it should be done in my eyes) and she will forward you to one of the officers doing interviews.
Old Jul 6th 2012, 3:39 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by manitobain
in regards to Sarah: She is still with the MPNP ..only moved to a different department. If she has been your contact, let her know that you are now planning your visit (though I do have to say ..dragging it out for a year isn't really how it should be done in my eyes) and she will forward you to one of the officers doing interviews.
Thank you Manitoban for coming out once again to respond to my post.

I'm indeed grateful and wish everyone else preparing for this move a sounding/positive reply.

Sorry Dammy,i didn't really get you right. At what point did they turn those applicants preparing for EV down, is it after they have gotten pre-approval to embark on exploratory visit or after issuance of visa?

A single entry visa is what we need,init?

Finally should i check the Tourist Visa column or Others?

No two individuals are the same,the lord who have guided me this far will see me to an expected end.

Thank you once again
Old Jul 6th 2012, 7:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by e4ma

I'm indeed grateful and wish everyone else preparing for this move a sounding/positive reply.

Sorry Dammy,i didn't really get you right. At what point did they turn those applicants preparing for EV down, is it after they have gotten pre-approval to embark on exploratory visit or after issuance of visa?

No two individuals are the same,the lord who have guided me this far will see me to an expected end.

Thank you once again

[QUOTE=e4ma;10157498]Thank you Manitoban for coming out once again to respond to my post.

I believe the person was at the pre-approval stage. ra_Xor posted the information and you may want to read all the posts made by ra_Xor to better understand the circumstances surrounding this person..

I don't think there is a rule that prevent anyone from applying for multiple entry visitor visa but I opted for a single entry and was granted a six months single entry.

In the form I applied with there is nothing like "Tourist Visa" option. If you are referring to the "Visit" option in form "IMM5645E Family Information", then you are right.

I say a big Amen to that and wish you the very best in all the processes.

Regards
Old Jul 6th 2012, 8:06 am
Just Joined

[QUOTE=Dammy;10157705]
Originally Posted by e4ma

I believe the person was at the pre-approval stage. ra_Xor posted the information and you may want to read all the posts made by ra_Xor to better understand the circumstances surrounding this person..
Dammy dear,you are simply amazing and full of encouragement. iI also wish you smooth processing of your PR.

In form IMM 5257E,the options for the purpose of visit are Tourism,Business and others.

I don't think there is a rule that prevent anyone from applying for multiple entry visitor visa but I opted for a single entry and was granted a six months single entry.

In the form I applied with there is nothing like "Tourist Visa" option. If you are referring to the "Visit" option in form "IMM5645E Family Information", then you are right.

I say a big Amen to that and wish you the very best in all the processes.

Regards
Old Jul 6th 2012, 8:16 am
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=e4ma;10157729]

You are right to use the option "Tourism" for IMM5257E.

All the best.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.