Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Old Jul 16th 2012, 2:29 am
Forum Regular

forourfuture is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Dammy, it seems there has an angel on the sky is watching you. Please do not lose hope and we all wish you have good news on the case!
Never EVER give up!

Originally Posted by manitobain
hey Dammy, I know I find it rather frustrating too, especially as they promised faster processing via online. And I do hope, him saying this is a bit "making sure" measurement...so nobody can hold it against them if it takes bit longer. It's an average anyway...as the assessment passes basically through 3 assessment officers (2 reviewing and the boss signing it off in the end), it depends on how many files are piled up on each desk and how efficient they are working on them and how much vacation time they take?
Old Jul 16th 2012, 3:11 am
Forum Regular

New_Start is an unknown quantity at this point

just wanted to give a bit info further regarding timelines:
I talked to Markus a few days ago, he is saying PNP applications can take now everywhere from 3 to 6 months...due to workload (this when I tried to point out that there were a few I know waiting on nomination)

We also discussed scenario of having family in other provinces - general feeling I got: you will only have a very tiny chance and only if all other circumstances talk in your favor..maybe and only maybe there is a chance.
He made me also aware of the fact that there is now a number of students having studied in Canada in other provinces, who are now looking for post study work in MB and then applying to PNP. Not a high chance either to receive PNP with that scenario, I have been told...or at least not right after 6 month of work.

MPNP is aware of the fact, that MB is one of the easier provinces to immigrate, so a lot of getting PR through MPNP and then moving to another province has been happening...so the above scenarios are the most "fragile" ones and as long as there are so many other candidates with more solid evidence of staying...they will chose to not nominate.
Oh my... it means i may have to wait another 3 months! May I suggest that the applicants pay the FedEx fee in advance and save some of the snail mail delivery time?
Old Jul 16th 2012, 11:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Dammy is an unknown quantity at this point

hey Dammy, I know I find it rather frustrating too, especially as they promised faster processing via online. And I do hope, him saying this is a bit "making sure" measurement...so nobody can hold it against them if it takes bit longer. It's an average anyway...as the assessment passes basically through 3 assessment officers (2 reviewing and the boss signing it off in the end), it depends on how many files are piled up on each desk and how efficient they are working on them and how much vacation time they take?

Hi Manitobain, I do understand and the challenge facing MPNP at this time and appreciate you for putting the information in the forum for us note. Trusting it comes out well in the light of all of this adjustment to the timeline
Old Jul 16th 2012, 5:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by New_Start
Oh my... it means i may have to wait another 3 months! May I suggest that the applicants pay the FedEx fee in advance and save some of the snail mail delivery time?
you can try? ... btw for future pnp applicants...one way around that is to have the certificate send to someone in MB who then forwards it via fedex. of course you need to trust that person to act fast..otherwise there is no point.
Old Jul 16th 2012, 10:19 pm
Just Joined

Daisy101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Originally Posted by hurricane74
Good afternoon all, I have a quick question, I've applied for a EV and I'm waiting to hear back. I'm planning to be in Manitoba at the beginning of sept for a couple of weeks. I've contacted a few employers to see if they would be willing to see me as part of the EV and the feedback has been ok.
My question is could I undertake my planned EV research and then pass this info onto the manitoba immigration? assuming I don't hear about the EV before I want to leave. Or can I contact immigration when I arrive in Manitoba and explain what I'm doing?

Thanks
hurricane 74: Can you inform me how you approached employers to see you as part of EV. What approach did you use
Old Jul 17th 2012, 4:36 am
Just Joined

Mayoress is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello evryone. I'm a newbie on dis forum. I've read thru d 85-page thread on EV and av really being so much encouraged to take the bold step. With d wonderful comments, suggestions and feedback frm seniors who av gone to d province on EV, i now dream Manitoba evryday.
@ all u're really doing a good job.
Our own dear pilot on this journey- Manitobian, I say a big thank you for ur time to attend to every question
Old Jul 17th 2012, 4:43 am
Just Joined

@ Dammy, Daquinex and Believing I hail all of una o (JUST SAYING HELLO TO THE TRIO COS WE'RE FRM THESAME COUNTRY). Will pm u guys when am elligible.
Old Jul 17th 2012, 4:47 am
Just Joined

@ Seniors, pls when can I send my letter of request for EV? I'm planning to go for the EV in October. I av a military personnel spouse, shld I state that in my letter?
Old Jul 17th 2012, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

ra_XOr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mayoress
@ Seniors, pls when can I send my letter of request for EV? I'm planning to go for the EV in October. I av a military personnel spouse, shld I state that in my letter?
I don't know about military thing. but you have to apply as soon as possible, as it may take around 4 months to get the approval.

Regards,
Mostafa Sherif
Old Jul 17th 2012, 5:59 pm
Just Joined

hurricane74 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Daisy101
hurricane 74: Can you inform me how you approached employers to see you as part of EV. What approach did you use
Hi Daisy, I went onto the working in Canada on CIC website and check which employers were recruiting. I then sent my CV through with a cover letter explaining my situation and that I was applying for a EV. I then followed up with a phone call.
I sure there are lots of ways to do it, LinkenIn etc, but this was my route
Old Jul 17th 2012, 6:02 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hello evryone. I'm a newbie on dis forum. I've read thru d 85-page thread on EV and av really being so much encouraged to take the bold step. With d wonderful comments, suggestions and feedback frm seniors who av gone to d province on EV, i now dream Manitoba evryday.
@ all u're really doing a good job.
Our own dear pilot on this journey- Manitobian, I say a big thank you for ur time to attend to every question
Welcome to the forum.

Could I please ask that you type words in full, i.e. 'have' rather than 'av'? And whatever 'd' is short for (I've no idea?!). It would make your posts much easier to read and understand, thanks.
Old Jul 17th 2012, 6:05 pm
Just Joined

hurricane74 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi hurricane74,
if your trip is planned and booked, I'd say wait until about 3 weeks before leaving and then send a very polite message, explaining that for x reason you booked the flight (cheaper flights than booking last minutes...) early and that you plan to do a vacation in Manitoba (!) anyway, but had hoped to be able to combine the 2...if it would be possible for them to look at your file and telling you if you could be granted the EV and an interview during your stay. Chance to take...but nothing really to loose?

Btw, make your MB visit as long as possible and your Ont visit as short as possible. Even if you do not get the ok in time, it will look good if you can tell them you visited already MB and therefore know more about it. Every visit in another province on the other hand will be questioned and could be hold against you.
Thanks Manitobain, I've changed my visit so I flight straight through to Manitoba. I didn't know about the strategic initiative and the EV until early June, hence my late request for a EV. I hoping I can sneak through, as it could be difficult to get over again before the end of the year because of work, as I'm taking two weeks off from my present job and I'll hopefully be in a new job in Oct.
Old Jul 18th 2012, 2:36 am
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

@hurricane: those are exactly the reasons you should mention when you email them ....

@mayoress: thx for the kind words.
As to spousal, yes, you need to send along the resume of spousal as well and detail things there.

lot will depend if you are employable and you can show why you would be the perfect candidate for MB
Old Jul 18th 2012, 4:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

@ Dammy, Daquinex and Believing I hail all of una o (JUST SAYING HELLO TO THE TRIO COS WE'RE FRM THESAME COUNTRY). Will pm u guys when am elligible.

Hello and welcome to the forum.
Old Jul 18th 2012, 4:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

As mentioned by Manitobain, it depends on how well you convince the MPNP that both of you are employable. Wishing you well on your request.

Regards.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.