International Experience Canada

Old Jun 22nd 2012, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

michty6 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Yeh the baggage situation in the UK allows airlines (like Air Transat but common among all budget airlines) to make a complete money grab by doing things like weighing and charging for carry-on luggage - even limiting checked luggage as much as possible to charge for more heavy bags...
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 6:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by roberto_the_besto
I found this on the website: 1 bag per person. Camera bags, laptops and purses are also permitted. I do therefore presume that I can take a laptop bag . So I will have three bags. One rucksack weighing 5kg, one laptop bag and another bag for medicine. Oh they are going to love me

Also I noticed, every country except the UK and Ireland are allowed to have 10kg hand baggage allowance. How very typical!!!
I assumed the same, and I got made check my rucksack because laptop bags count as a bag.
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 7:05 pm
Just Joined

Shesdressingup is an unknown quantity at this point

Did they charge you extra to check your rucksack in Scottyxx? That's rubbish to be made to sit on a long flight without your carry on bag!
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 7:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the rough

Yup they made me check it...it was over weight, I think it was 10Kg instead of 5, so it was an extra 100 Pounds to check it
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 8:41 pm
Just Joined

age26 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scottyxx
Yup they made me check it...it was over weight, I think it was 10Kg instead of 5, so it was an extra 100 Pounds to check it
Wow £100? They told me it would be an extra £65 to check in one more bag once at the airport.
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

roberto_the_besto is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by age26
Wow £100? They told me it would be an extra £65 to check in one more bag once at the airport.
The website quoted $100 so maybe that is the price now, they actually decreased it instead of increasing it.

What I find strange is, is that Sports equipment is virtually free of charge. I've convinced myself that I am taking Easyjet but for long haul lol.
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 9:09 pm
Just Joined

The website quoted $100 so maybe that is the price now, they actually decreased it instead of increasing it.

What I find strange is, is that Sports equipment is virtually free of charge. I've convinced myself that I am taking Easyjet but for long haul lol.
Completely! I find their email confirmation somewhat of a joke! Barely any information on it!

When and where you flying to?
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by age26
Completely! I find their email confirmation somewhat of a joke! Barely any information on it!

When and where you flying to?
I'm flying to Toronto on 2nd July from Manchester so I'm pretty excited and I've started packing already.

Did you get a really bad receipt from air transat? It was that bad, I thought I had been robbed on-line and I came on here and Scotty (as usual) calmed me down.

If you booked on the air transat website then you will receive some "real" receipt in about 2 days or maybe Monday.

When and where are you flying?
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 10:04 pm
Just Joined

I'm flying to Toronto on 2nd July from Manchester so I'm pretty excited and I've started packing already.

Did you get a really bad receipt from air transat? It was that bad, I thought I had been robbed on-line and I came on here and Scotty (as usual) calmed me down.

If you booked on the air transat website then you will receive some "real" receipt in about 2 days or maybe Monday.

Im also flying to Toronto but not until September so I know it said they send you all the final confirmation 4 weeks before. The thing I got today literally could have been typed by a four year old!

Which hostel are you staying with when you arrive?
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 12:52 am
Forum Regular

UK_Claire is an unknown quantity at this point

Flying Birmingham - Toronto 11th July so not far behind you!

I am yet to receive my tickets, I'm sure they told me I'd receive them 3 weeks before flying!! Hmmm maybe I should chase that! I agree with you guys abou the confirmation email, I thought I'd been scammed!!
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 12:53 am
BE Enthusiast

hahaha happy to help I have the worst luck and I survived so don't stress!

Just so you know the 2nd of July is a Public holiday here. Its Canada Day.
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 12:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by UK_Claire
Flying Birmingham - Toronto 11th July so not far behind you!

I am yet to receive my tickets, I'm sure they told me I'd receive them 3 weeks before flying!! Hmmm maybe I should chase that! I agree with you guys abou the confirmation email, I thought I'd been scammed!!
Just email them to confirm - you can also phone them. Airtransat on the Canadian side messed up my ticket, and booked it completly in the wrong name. You will only get an "eticket" which is basically an email with your confirmation number on it.
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 12:55 am
BE Enthusiast

I hope all you July comers are prepared for Humidity and a 40 degree summer. Its a sweaty time to be Toronto bound! If you guys are ever in Guelph look me up!!
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by scottyxx
I hope all you July comers are prepared for Humidity and a 40 degree summer. Its a sweaty time to be Toronto bound! If you guys are ever in Guelph look me up!!
I hate humidity. Please don't tell me it will be like that on my birthday at the beginning of August?

I get really moody when it's hot and it's humid and I sweat enough as it is. Thanks for the advance warning....kinda
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 12:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

If its anything likelast year, its going to be Humid and hot until september, always pay attention to the "feels like" temperature rather than the actual one. It gets very hot during summer, my fair scottish skin takes a burning!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.