International Experience Canada

Old Apr 21st 2012, 6:11 pm
Just Joined

marzmurphy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Originally Posted by conjonway
Sorry, but I'm almost 100% certain this is not true. There is no implied status for IEC work permits.

I was only quoting what a friend of mine did, I didnt think it was worth the risk, but he reckoned that by applying to renew the IEC visa, that technically he had the same implied status as the visa he was applying for until such time that a decision was reached. He knew that the visa would be refused but it buys you some time while the CIC take 3-4 months to even open the application. When I spoke with them, I was told you had implied status for what ever visa you were applying for, but please anyone...Im not direct quoting this as fact, just letting
you know if you really really wanted to take the risk.... he did and get away with it, personally I wouldn't....
Old Apr 21st 2012, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

iBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to all

So its around 17-18 weeks waiting time for those who sent their app's in January? I feel for you!

Those who sent in March I think/hope it will be quicker as the wait time for my NOR was only 2 weeks, but now my payment email is a week and a half late! :<
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 1:05 am
Just Joined

Sarco is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by marzmurphy
I was only quoting what a friend of mine did, I didnt think it was worth the risk, but he reckoned that by applying to renew the IEC visa, that technically he had the same implied status as the visa he was applying for until such time that a decision was reached. He knew that the visa would be refused but it buys you some time while the CIC take 3-4 months to even open the application. When I spoke with them, I was told you had implied status for what ever visa you were applying for, but please anyone...Im not direct quoting this as fact, just letting
you know if you really really wanted to take the risk.... he did and get away with it, personally I wouldn't....
I think the problem here is not that there is no implied status for the IEC work permit. As far as I have read from various sources you can get implied status on an IEC work permit. The problem lies in that it is impossible to apply to renew the IEC work permit - what forms would you send in for the extension?!?!

If you apply for Permanent Residency then implied status is an option. But renewing the IEC is not.
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 3:23 am
BE Enthusiast

conjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond repute

I do see what you are saying but I still do not believe that to be a good option. I had raised the "implied status whilst on IEC" option before here.

See specifically my post:

I called CIC, was informed that even though I'm on the IEC program I could continue to work, on implied status, if I applied for a regular TWP through the normal route, including getting an LMO.

Drawback is that they could reject my application for a TWP in just a couple of weeks, so I wouldn't have that implied status for as long as I would require.

So, sorry, yes you are right about being able to apply for it, but it would not help you for very long. Admittedly, advice from CIC can be hit or miss.
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 12:10 pm
Just Joined

james91 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by omega4040
That is usually an issue with opening the form on your phone or an iPad, something like that. Have you tried saving it on to a PC (rather than opening from the email). Email to some friends and get them to try the same.
How large is the file? I got my LOI yesterday and it was 807kb.

Failing that, I'd say the next option is to email the High Comm. and ask for help. They seem to reply to LoI related questions, so you should be ok.
Emailed high comm they said it was a incomplete welcome email sent by mistake due to a glitch.

However first line of welcome email states i have recieved my loi. Is anyone in the same positio as me where they have recieved a welcome email but no LOI
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 1:03 pm
Just Joined

fionaelizabeth is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Third6;9982151]They'll post it back to whatever address you put down as your mailing address. I'm currently in Canada but put my mum's address in the UK down as the correspondence address.

I received the dreaded rejection letter this morning, reason being: IMM1295 'Application For A Work Permit Outside Canada' form has not been included in
your application package, or missing signature for CIC Declaration.

Extremely frustrating, considering I laboured over the form for weeks and swore I signed everything. So firstly, be warned, sign it and double check for necessary signatures.

Has anyone else who might have had a similar experience received the original documents back? Any estimation of how long this might take? Or would one recommend just starting a fresh application for police checks, etc?

The rejection letter I received via e-mail states nothing of returning the original documents only 'We thank you for your interest and regret that we are not able to process your application. You
may, however, restart the process and submit a new application making sure it is complete. If
you do re-apply, you will be given a new World Tracking Number and the processing time will
start over.'

thanks!
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 1:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Third6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really nice

Yes they will return ALL docs to you in the next couple of days. You more than likely missed a signature on the family form (as did a whole host of people!), There is three spots to sign on the form so watch out for next time.

Make sure you download all new forms and fill them in again with a new barcode page etc. Don't just sign where you missed and send it back as that application has been rejected and the WTN number will show up as rejected straight away.

This isn't the end of the world. Don't panic!
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 1:21 pm
Just Joined

fionaelizabeth is an unknown quantity at this point

That's good to know.
Thanks for the quick reply and advice, it's very much appreciated.
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 1:26 pm
Just Joined

aleppo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All, basically i received my email yesterday asking for payment i have a slight problem though... My main computer crashed a couple weeks losing everything that was saved on it meaning i have lost the validated application form (IMM1295) which is needed to carry on the process. I was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to move forward with this or if anyone else had the same problem. Thanks in advance. Chris
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

Stephen47 will become famous soon enoughStephen47 will become famous soon enough

Hey Guys!

I received my LOI yesterday at 1am. I am ever so pleased it's finally arrived after waiting over 3 months. It's been a long wait but I can now relax and begin to start researching accommodation, jobs, insurance etc.

In total it took me 12 weeks and 2 days, but it feels much longer.

For people who are waiting to receive their LOI, all I can say is be patient as I've been told this years application are taking a little longer than last year. Eventually you will get it but you may have to wait a bit longer.
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

lindzation is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Stephen47
Hey Guys!

I received my LOI yesterday at 1am. I am ever so pleased it's finally arrived after waiting over 3 months. It's been a long wait but I can now relax and begin to start researching accommodation, jobs, insurance etc.

In total it took me 12 weeks and 2 days, but it feels much longer.

For people who are waiting to receive their LOI, all I can say is be patient as I've been told this years application are taking a little longer than last year. Eventually you will get it but you may have to wait a bit longer.
Congrats! You got it saturday night? Or was it friday night?
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

Stephen47 will become famous soon enoughStephen47 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by lindzation
Congrats! You got it saturday night? Or was it friday night?
It was Saturday morning at 1.03am.
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 4:32 pm
Just Joined

OctoSquiddle is an unknown quantity at this point

Finally got my rejected forms back, time to start again!
Anyone know how many visas are left?
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

dan09uk is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=fionaelizabeth;10019520]
Originally Posted by Third6
They'll post it back to whatever address you put down as your mailing address. I'm currently in Canada but put my mum's address in the UK down as the correspondence address.

I received the dreaded rejection letter this morning, reason being: IMM1295 'Application For A Work Permit Outside Canada' form has not been included in
your application package, or missing signature for CIC Declaration.

Extremely frustrating, considering I laboured over the form for weeks and swore I signed everything. So firstly, be warned, sign it and double check for necessary signatures.

Has anyone else who might have had a similar experience received the original documents back? Any estimation of how long this might take? Or would one recommend just starting a fresh application for police checks, etc?

The rejection letter I received via e-mail states nothing of returning the original documents only 'We thank you for your interest and regret that we are not able to process your application. You
may, however, restart the process and submit a new application making sure it is complete. If
you do re-apply, you will be given a new World Tracking Number and the processing time will
start over.'

thanks!
i got all my documents back, they sent them to my address in Canada. Think they took about 2 weeks. I missed the signature off saying I didn't have any children.
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

iBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to all

Originally Posted by OctoSquiddle
Finally got my rejected forms back, time to start again!
Anyone know how many visas are left?
Just over 2100

Taken from here: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...ex.aspx?view=d

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.