International Experience Canada

Old Dec 30th 2012, 10:44 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Originally Posted by KuroKuro
It is weird though how so many other countries already have details of the changes to their programs, but we're still stuck on the fence waiting to hear something.
What other countries have had changes to their program? I've not heard of any other than Ireland?
Old Dec 31st 2012, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

twist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond repute

It is definitely a frustrating wait! Just hoping that if the duration is raised to two years that the they will not double the proof of funds to match haha

It will also be interesting to find out if you can also still apply for a second visa or if we would be then be limited to one.
Old Dec 31st 2012, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

JoeJK is an unknown quantity at this point

Is it worth going with Bunac for this for a first timer or is that pointless?
Old Dec 31st 2012, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

Jennika is an unknown quantity at this point

The date we were given at the working abroad fair I went to was the 2nd of January, but then that seems kind of soon if they haven't posted any info detailing the changes (if any) to the programme.
Old Dec 31st 2012, 4:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

KuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
What other countries have had changes to their program? I've not heard of any other than Ireland?
Apologies, I misspoke there... I generally meant that many other countries were already up to date with all the information they needed in order to apply in 2013. Us British folk are still waiting!
Old Dec 31st 2012, 4:32 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JoeJK
Is it worth going with Bunac for this for a first timer or is that pointless?
Didn't think you could go via Bunac from 2013 onwards?
Old Dec 31st 2012, 4:33 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by KuroKuro
Apologies, I misspoke there... I generally meant that many other countries were already up to date with all the information they needed in order to apply in 2013. Us British folk are still waiting!
Ah, I see. Thx.
Old Dec 31st 2012, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

JoeJK is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Didn't think you could go via Bunac from 2013 onwards?
Ah, I've obviously missed that part, but that seems to be the case. Question answered! I thought BUNAC was just like a support thing, not a visa itself.
Old Dec 31st 2012, 7:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

nudda is an unknown quantity at this point

Happy new year to everyone on this thread!
A lot of us are eagerly awaiting the start of the application process so best of luck to you all for 2013 whatever you decide to do!
Old Dec 31st 2012, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

empirestate is an unknown quantity at this point

Only thing really concerning me is with the changes and this being now much more appealing, will the quota increase? I imagine with it being two years we'll see a huge amount more people apply :-(
Old Jan 1st 2013, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

twist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by empirestate
Only thing really concerning me is with the changes and this being now much more appealing, will the quota increase? I imagine with it being two years we'll see a huge amount more people apply :-(
I would imagine there will be a small quota increase, as they are aiming at getting more young, skilled workers over. There seems to be an almost direct link between the IEC and CEC from this year onwards, and the CEC quota has jumped up each year since it started.

I'm not sure that the extension of the visa to two years will encourage more applicants though, it's just a bonus for everyone that was going to apply anyway.
Old Jan 1st 2013, 2:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

KuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond repute

It might produce a slight increase of applicants this year, but next year it would drop significantly, as people won't have to re-apply for their second time!
Old Jan 1st 2013, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

I hope, due to the extended period, that they don't introduce a medical exam which most of us would have otherwise been exempt from! that could have been one of the reasons they are leaving some preparation time before releasing the visas.

I'm thinking it's more likely a small increase in proof of funds though
Old Jan 1st 2013, 5:12 pm
Just Joined

Hart is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey I may aswell introduce myself here.

I'm seriously contemplating spending some time in British Columbia once I finish this last year of my degree, so would be going late in the year.

I have read through the last hundred pages or so of this thread and there has been some really useful information posted, so I thank all the members for that.

I know people have asked this a lot but how urgently should one start applying for an IEC to be 'guaranteed' a place assuming everything else is up to scratch? I am still yet to send off for my ACRO and will need to renew my passport in the coming months as I'm always hesitant to start making any plans so far into the future, I'm just like that.

As most of you I am hoping to see changes to the IEC, most notably for an extended duration Are people still extpecting this to be the case?

Just one more thing, how long can you wait before activating your visa?

Cheers.
Old Jan 1st 2013, 5:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hart
Hey I may aswell introduce myself here.
Welcome to BE!

I know people have asked this a lot but how urgently should one start applying for an IEC to be 'guaranteed' a place assuming everything else is up to scratch?
Last year people were still successfully applying up until the end of May, however I would strongly recommend getting your application sent in well before this!

As most of you I am hoping to see changes to the IEC, most notably for an extended duration Are people still extpecting this to be the case?
It's mostly just speculation and hope!

Just one more thing, how long can you wait before activating your visa?
1 year from the issuance.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.