International Experience Canada

Old May 17th 2012, 4:53 am
Forum Regular

segaste is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Originally Posted by Third6
Several proper Cadburys chocolate bars.
Is Canada like the US where all chocolate is Hersheys or with peanuts? I love Hersheys but hate peanuts.
Old May 17th 2012, 4:56 am
Forum Regular

Meialin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by segaste
Is Canada like the US where all chocolate is Hersheys or with peanuts? I love Hersheys but hate peanuts.
So far I've found a lot of similar chocolates. If you like Galaxy buy Dove, it is the same stuff same packaging just a different name. I haven't tried Hersheys yet but they have good sweets over here. We left them with a very strong sweet tooth after we colonised in the 1900s:P
Old May 17th 2012, 6:36 am
Just Joined

bravecaptain is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Oaken
LOI recieved this morning!

My timeline:
Sent - 15/03
NOR- 27/03
Req Payment- 23/04
Paid- 23/04
Sent to CIC- 09/05
LOI- 17/05

Puts me at 9 weeks processing time, only a week over what they advise not to bad.
Congratulations!

My application was sent to CIC on 25th April and I still don't have my LOI. It is bizarre the way in which applications appear to be being processed with scant regard for the order in which they were received. Either that or I have been sent my LOI and it has gone into my junk mail and been automatically deleted as spam....
Old May 17th 2012, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

dan09uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bravecaptain
Congratulations!

My application was sent to CIC on 25th April and I still don't have my LOI. It is bizarre the way in which applications appear to be being processed with scant regard for the order in which they were received. Either that or I have been sent my LOI and it has gone into my junk mail and been automatically deleted as spam....
maybe try emailing them, they sometimes reply to people waiting for LOIs.

Its really frustrating, seeing people who only just sent their applications off a month ago getting their LOIs when lots of people have been waiting months.
Old May 17th 2012, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

LHaywood1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anybody know which email address they sent the LOI from? I want to check mine hasn't automatically been deleted by Hotmail spam filter.
Old May 17th 2012, 8:55 am
Just Joined

BILLY88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default International Experience Canada visa

1st post in the Canada forum, Hello all

Just wondering if anyone knows if the quota has been filled for The International Experience Canada yet this year? or any idea when it might be. I know there are years when it gets filled straight away and then others where people still apply into the autumn.

And info would be useful.

Have been thinking about applying for a while but havent been able to yet due to work commitments.

Thanks in advance

Billy
Old May 17th 2012, 9:02 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: International Experience Canada visa

You can check the exact number yourself on the website, last time I checked I think there were only about 200 visas left, so realistically you've got no chance this year by the time you've got your police check and everything together. Up to you if you want to try though, you never know!

But next year's program will open in Jan 2013 if you don't get in for this year.

Old May 17th 2012, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

kamshaft is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
You can check the exact number yourself on the website, last time I checked I think there were only about 200 visas left, so realistically you've got no chance this year by the time you've got your police check and everything together. Up to you if you want to try though, you never know!

But next year's program will open in Jan 2013 if you don't get in for this year.

Dam lol, i was hoping to get on this yr!!!! Would they add more to the quota?
Old May 17th 2012, 10:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kamshaft
Dam lol, i was hoping to get on this yr!!!! Would they add more to the quota?
No once the quota is reached thats it.
Old May 17th 2012, 7:24 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
No once the quota is reached thats it.
Sorry, but just to disagree with this, I'd say it's possible that they could release a few more visas - they always have done in the past, even though the quota has been reached. Presumably the visas became available from people that didn't use theirs for whatever reason, or who have been refused at the last stages.

So keep an eye on the website, and fingers crossed that they will do the same again.
Old May 17th 2012, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

JoeJK is an unknown quantity at this point

How fast does the quota normally get hit?

I'll be getting a redundancy payment from work probably next March, so I'm going to have to wait till then to apply, I think. Do you think I'll be likely to have a shot, or do the visas all vanish quicker than that?

Last edited by JoeJK; May 17th 2012 at 7:52 pm.
Old May 17th 2012, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

segaste is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JoeJK
How fast does the quota normally get hit?

I'll be getting a redundancy payment from work probably next March, so I'm going to have to wait till then to apply, I think. Do you think I'll be likely to have a shot, or do the visas all vanish quicker than that?
Apply as soon as they open up the IEC 2013. You have 12 months to use your visa.
Old May 17th 2012, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

Loui-d is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Sorry, but just to disagree with this, I'd say it's possible that they could release a few more visas - they always have done in the past, even though the quota has been reached. Presumably the visas became available from people that didn't use theirs for whatever reason, or who have been refused at the last stages.

So keep an eye on the website, and fingers crossed that they will do the same again.
i agree with this. Keep checking the website because as people get rejected the counter will go up.
Old May 17th 2012, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

Loui-d is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Oaken
LOI recieved this morning!

My timeline:
Sent - 15/03
NOR- 27/03
Req Payment- 23/04
Paid- 23/04
Sent to CIC- 09/05
LOI- 17/05

Puts me at 9 weeks processing time, only a week over what they advise not to bad.
Thats impressive, congratulations! I'm hoping for a timeline like that
Old May 17th 2012, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

Jennika is an unknown quantity at this point

So there is round about a month between recieving the NOR and payment? What happens if the quota fills up between that time? I recieved my NOR a few days ago.

Also what exactly constitues a place - is it once the application has been scanned upon reciept? Or when payment is made.. or CIC approval?

Sorry so many questions!

Last edited by Jennika; May 17th 2012 at 9:24 pm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.