Wikiposts

International Experience Canada

Old May 16th 2012, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

Megan93 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Originally Posted by Loui-d
Exactly what i was thinking. It took them ages to update it. I called them to speak to their IT section asking to update it the other day, i was so frustrated with seeing 518!! LOL. The lady i spoke to said she would pass the message on.
How do you call them? I always thought you could only speak via email, to which they never reply!
Old May 16th 2012, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

Loui-d is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Megan93
How do you call them? I always thought you could only speak via email, to which they never reply!
i dialled the high commission number on the website and hit '0' after the welcome message. its not one of the options they give you but i know personally with most automated lines hitting 0 gets you through to an operator.
Old May 16th 2012, 9:44 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kamshaft
i think i have a better chance of applying thru BUNAC as i think i will miss the remaining 200 or so visas left if i apply direct for the iec.

also what is this 18month rule please?!?!
Bunac are included in that number, they don't have any extra visas.

As has been said above, you can have two IEC's, so yes, theoretically you could have another one (your previous Bunac won't count), but from what you've said you wouldn't be eligible anyway as you haven't spent more than 18 months in the UK over the past 3 years.

HTH.
Old May 16th 2012, 10:55 pm
Forum Regular

zebrapjs is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey

Iv received my LOI finally! I was wondering when people were booking their flights were they booking a one way flight or a return? A one way flight costs the same amount as a return when it shouldn't really this is why I ask.

Does anybody know of any medical insurance companies which offer cheap medical insurance whilst being out there?
Old May 17th 2012, 3:28 am
Forum Regular

Meialin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by zebrapjs
Hey

Iv received my LOI finally! I was wondering when people were booking their flights were they booking a one way flight or a return? A one way flight costs the same amount as a return when it shouldn't really this is why I ask.

Does anybody know of any medical insurance companies which offer cheap medical insurance whilst being out there?
When I last came back to Canada I used a return because it was 400 pound return 1000 single. So I went with the return and just didn't use it. I have no idea why returns are cheaper but they seem to be. For insurance the banks provide some and I just googled health insurance and found a list of them so went with one for about $250 which covered pretty much everything.
Old May 17th 2012, 3:32 am
Forum Regular

iBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to all

Right I'm on this Saturday's from Gatwick to Vancouver, Wooo!.

Just want to ask what else I would need as I no doubt have forgot something, so far I have:

Medical Insurance
LOI PDF Thingy..
Proof of funds
Address where I will be staying

Anything else I will need to satisfy the immigration officer?
Old May 17th 2012, 3:33 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by iBoBBa

Just want to ask what else I would need as I no doubt have forgot something, so far I have:

Medical Insurance
LOI PDF Thingy..
Proof of funds

a sincere agreement that you will have funds for the flight back if you booked a one way. But yes you have everything.
Old May 17th 2012, 3:51 am
Forum Regular

iBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Meialin
a sincere agreement that you will have funds for the flight back if you booked a one way. But yes you have everything.
I have bank statements from today with money in my account if that will do?

@the insurance question..I used Outbacker, 12 month cover in Canada for £178.
Old May 17th 2012, 4:09 am
Just Joined

Melmo is an unknown quantity at this point

Quota has been updated, down to 144. Dropped another 100 since yesterday
Old May 17th 2012, 4:19 am
Forum Regular

That is exactly what you need, so long as you have the proof of funds from a week before you leave, either a statement or a letter from the bank you are fine. And that is a great price for insurance.
Old May 17th 2012, 4:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Third6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really nice

There policy says this though "You must have your main home in Great Britain, Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man and lived there for at least six of the last 12 months before you bought your policy."
Old May 17th 2012, 4:28 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Third6
There policy says this though "You must have your main home in Great Britain, Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man and lived there for at least six of the last 12 months before you bought your policy."
ah then I might have a problem when renewing my policy. I've been in Canada for over 6 months now
Old May 17th 2012, 4:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Medical Insurance
LOI PDF Thingy..
Proof of funds

A proper Cadburys chocolate bar
Old May 17th 2012, 4:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Third6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
A proper Cadburys chocolate bar
Several proper Cadburys chocolate bars.
Old May 17th 2012, 4:45 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Third6
Several proper Cadburys chocolate bars.
In Edmonton, Calgary and somewhere else there are a chain of shops called the British store. They have all the bests including cadbury and caramels. Oh and a lot of sports stuff.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.