International Experience Canada

Old Apr 11th 2012, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

kidster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
OK, as you know from my PM I haven't done an IEC application before and this is just a guess, but if the form is asking if you have been previously married, then surely the answer should be 'yes'?

That would be what I'd put anyway, just going on what you've put above.
Thanks, i followed your advice hopefully filling in the forms this way will be the right way
Old Apr 11th 2012, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

omega4040 is an unknown quantity at this point

If you have received an LOI in the past week or two, can you post up your time line please. Trying to get an idea of how long the wait is between the passed to CIC email and LOI. Thanks.
Old Apr 12th 2012, 4:27 am
Forum Regular

madisonavenue is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by omega4040
If you have received an LOI in the past week or two, can you post up your time line please. Trying to get an idea of how long the wait is between the passed to CIC email and LOI. Thanks.
Yes, this would be really useful. Received my 'Passed to CIC' email on April 4 so would really love to have an idea of how long this final stage takes. Thanks.
Old Apr 12th 2012, 5:02 am
Just Joined

marzmurphy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by snofairy
Hi Stephen47, Madisonavenue, Alais & Sarco!

Have any of you heard from them to confirm they received your payment? I am still waiting, sent an email on Thursday last week and again today as the deadline for me was April 10th. Really concerned as the poster above has the same dates as us and they received confirmation shortly after paying.

Thanks!
Hi snofairy,

I am in a similar position as you, I got a notice for payment on April 1st, paid April 2nd, but still havnt recieved any notice that my application has been sent to CIC. Today is my last day for payment for the 12 days. Did you receive any notification from them yet?
Old Apr 12th 2012, 11:39 am
Just Joined

Alais is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys,

My timeline so far:

Applied: 17th Jan
Confirmation of receipt: 23rd Feb
Payment requested: 29th Mar (paid immediately)
Sent to CIC: 4th Apr

Long process is long! Here's hoping we all get LOIs soon!
Old Apr 12th 2012, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

snofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marzmurphy
Hi snofairy,

I am in a similar position as you, I got a notice for payment on April 1st, paid April 2nd, but still havnt recieved any notice that my application has been sent to CIC. Today is my last day for payment for the 12 days. Did you receive any notification from them yet?
Hi,

I received my confirmation that I my file had been sent to CIC for the last stage on April 11th so hopefully you will hear something soon!
Old Apr 12th 2012, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

Sounds like all of you are waiting a long time for the process to go through, I read online that from Nov to Feb is there busiest time, so I am hoping that when I send mine of in a week or so that I will get a LOI sometime in June

Just to add to this, in the employment section it was mentioned to print off additional pages to put in the employment of the last 10 years, if I validate the form once i fill the boxes then clear the form and fill and print those out does that mean that the forms i print wont be validated but can still be attached to the application?

Last edited by kidster; Apr 12th 2012 at 8:18 pm.
Old Apr 12th 2012, 8:48 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kidster
I read online that from Nov to Feb is there busiest time
That would be very strange......seeing as the program doesn't open until January!
Old Apr 12th 2012, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

omega4040 is an unknown quantity at this point

That would be very strange......seeing as the program doesn't open until January!
It does say that on the website under processing times.
Old Apr 12th 2012, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

it was on their site, i mean i couldve read wrong as you state but for the mention of applying in Jan then getting a response in Feb that must assume that thats their busiest time
Old Apr 12th 2012, 8:55 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by omega4040
It does say that on the website under processing times.
Can you provide a link? It's just that I can't see it (http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...nt.aspx?view=d) and so I'm wondering if that's referring to a different type of visa, which would make sense.
Old Apr 12th 2012, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

Can you provide a link? It's just that I can't see it (http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...nt.aspx?view=d) and so I'm wondering if that's referring to a different type of visa, which would make sense.
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...nt.aspx?view=d

thats the one i was referring to
Old Apr 12th 2012, 9:00 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

My guess is that it's out of date (as it used to open in November/early December, so it would make sense that that would have been their busiest time in the past), but the last couple of years it's opened in Jan and they just don't seem to have updated the website. The CHC website is full of errors, I really wish they'd use the same info as on the main CIC one which is much more accurate.

Ah well!
Old Apr 12th 2012, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

Its also a issue when your applying and when your trying to fill out the forms and you cannot really contact anyone for advice

This site has helped me but then theres some questions where you feel you need that extra help and would prefer to speak to a live person, but everyone you contact they want to charge you a fee for 1 or 2 questions
Old Apr 12th 2012, 10:44 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Its also a issue when your applying and when your trying to fill out the forms and you cannot really contact anyone for advice

This site has helped me but then theres some questions where you feel you need that extra help and would prefer to speak to a live person, but everyone you contact they want to charge you a fee for 1 or 2 questions
Trouble is, if they did pick up phones to answer questions, processing would slow down even more and then they'd be given grief for that - poor CIC can't win however they do it!

An immigration consultant will charge a fee, that's obviously how they make their living, but if you do feel you need the extra help then it may be worth your while, even if you just pay for a form checking service. Failing that, you'll have to stick with forums like this and just hope that the advice is vaguely correct...............but remember that you get what you pay for.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.