Wikiposts

International Experience Canada

Old Apr 12th 2012, 10:47 pm
Forum Regular

kidster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Trouble is, if they did pick up phones to answer questions, processing would slow down even more and then they'd be given grief for that - poor CIC can't win however they do it!

An immigration consultant will charge a fee, that's obviously how they make their living, but if you do feel you need the extra help then it may be worth your while, even if you just pay for a form checking service. Failing that, you'll have to stick with forums like this and just hope that the advice is vaguely correct...............but remember that you get what you pay for.
Its fine i finally found an establishment that gave me advice, aswell as the advice i got here hopefully all is well now
Old Apr 12th 2012, 10:54 pm
Forum Regular

omega4040 is an unknown quantity at this point

Trouble is, if they did pick up phones to answer questions, processing would slow down even more and then they'd be given grief for that - poor CIC can't win however they do it!
I don't buy that. We are paying £90 each, for a quota of 5350 that's a revenue of just under half a million. More than enough to employ a substantial processing team. They have clearly skimmed resources back, now everyone applying has to suffer with an appalling level of customer service and outrageously inflated waiting times.

The French processed the applications in a quarter of the time in previous years. I've just turned 30, so every day that goes by is a day out of my time left on the IEC programme. I also have a job waiting for me, which I am concerned about losing.

Sorry, not a rant at you. Just a release of a huge amount of frustration!
Old Apr 12th 2012, 11:29 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by omega4040
I don't buy that. We are paying £90 each, for a quota of 5350 that's a revenue of just under half a million. More than enough to employ a substantial processing team. They have clearly skimmed resources back, now everyone applying has to suffer with an appalling level of customer service and outrageously inflated waiting times.
Even if it was profit of half a million (won't be anywhere near that amount), it wouldn't pay for a 'substantial processing team', particularly as that team would have to be on short term contracts as they'd only be needed for a few months of every year! The IEC is a very small drop in CIC's ocean of revenue, and doesn't, imo, warrant hiring any more people to deal with it.

Isn't the wait time only 2 or 3 months anyway? Sooooo much quicker than most visa processing - ask the people who applied for PR 5 or 6 years ago and are still waiting for it! Those who are applying for IEC have the easiest, quickest route to a visa.

just turned 30, so every day that goes by is a day out of my time left on the IEC programme. I also have a job waiting for me, which I am concerned about losing.
I can understand about the job, but I'm really not sure I understand your pointa bout 'every day that goes by is a day out of my time left on the IEC programme'? Your year doesn't start until you enter Canada on the IEC, not from the date you applied, so you're not losing any time on it?

Sorry, not a rant at you. Just a release of a huge amount of frustration!
I can understand that, but I have to be honest and say that the sense of entitlement from some people (*not* directed at you, just generally speaking) on the IEC thread amazes me. They are not customers of CIC, CIC have a huge amount of other visas to process as well, and they still seem to expect things to be done instantly for them.

I hope it's soon for you, but do spare a thought for those that have been waiting for several years (myself included), or who are apart from their loved ones because they have a much, much longer wait time that you will do.

Old Apr 13th 2012, 12:15 am
Forum Regular

Even if it was profit of half a million (won't be anywhere near that amount), it wouldn't pay for a 'substantial processing team', particularly as that team would have to be on short term contracts as they'd only be needed for a few months of every year! The IEC is a very small drop in CIC's ocean of revenue, and doesn't, imo, warrant hiring any more people to deal with it.

Isn't the wait time only 2 or 3 months anyway? Sooooo much quicker than most visa processing - ask the people who applied for PR 5 or 6 years ago and are still waiting for it! Those who are applying for IEC have the easiest, quickest route to a visa.

I can understand about the job, but I'm really not sure I understand your pointa bout 'every day that goes by is a day out of my time left on the IEC programme'? Your year doesn't start until you enter Canada on the IEC, not from the date you applied, so you're not losing any time on it?

I can understand that, but I have to be honest and say that the sense of entitlement from some people (*not* directed at you, just generally speaking) on the IEC thread amazes me. They are not customers of CIC, CIC have a huge amount of other visas to process as well, and they still seem to expect things to be done instantly for them.

I hope it's soon for you, but do spare a thought for those that have been waiting for several years (myself included), or who are apart from their loved ones because they have a much, much longer wait time that you will do.

We are customers of the IEC though, that's the point. If the amount they charge is too low, why not increase it. Or at least give realistic timescales to people. I waited 5 weeks for a payment request after being told it would be two weeks. I am currently on week 10 since I sent it to them and can't hope for anything for at least a few weeks, possibly more. If the process is going to take upwards of 3 months, why not tell people that, why not send periodic update emails round.

My years entitlement won't be affected no, but I will want to apply again next year, meaning I can't get the full two years. Hence the total amount of time I have left is not the full amount.

I don't really understand what you mean about entitlement. It's a service we are paying for, and those that are paying should be treated with some respect. There is a guy on the FB page that had been rejected after 10 weeks after not having heard anything from them for 7 weeks. Appalling. There is no justification for that. I work in the public sector and would be fired if I treated people like that.

I appreciate the PR process is longer, but this visa is completely different and therefore not comparable.

I should add that in New Zealand they process working holiday visas in 48 hours...

I think all that is needed is some transparency from the IEC team, including realistic timescales and a point of contact. For a lot of people, my self included, their career and entire future is hinging on this.

Anyway, back to the waiting game I go! :/
Old Apr 13th 2012, 12:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Third6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really nice

That would be very strange......seeing as the program doesn't open until January!
It opened in December this year, last year was January though.
Old Apr 13th 2012, 5:03 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

We are customers of the IEC though, that's the point. If the amount they charge is too low, why not increase it. Or at least give realistic timescales to people. I waited 5 weeks for a payment request after being told it would be two weeks. I am currently on week 10 since I sent it to them and can't hope for anything for at least a few weeks, possibly more. If the process is going to take upwards of 3 months, why not tell people that, why not send periodic update emails round.

My years entitlement won't be affected no, but I will want to apply again next year, meaning I can't get the full two years. Hence the total amount of time I have left is not the full amount.

I don't really understand what you mean about entitlement. It's a service we are paying for, and those that are paying should be treated with some respect. There is a guy on the FB page that had been rejected after 10 weeks after not having heard anything from them for 7 weeks. Appalling. There is no justification for that. I work in the public sector and would be fired if I treated people like that.

I appreciate the PR process is longer, but this visa is completely different and therefore not comparable.

I should add that in New Zealand they process working holiday visas in 48 hours...

I think all that is needed is some transparency from the IEC team, including realistic timescales and a point of contact. For a lot of people, my self included, their career and entire future is hinging on this.

Anyway, back to the waiting game I go! :/

1. 2 reasons why they don't charge more, the Financial Administration Act only allows Gov't Depts. to charge what it costs to provide the service. (Note that is why the right of PR fees was dropped to $490)
2. Considering that it costs about $150K per CBO to work overseas CHC is not going to invest a great deal of money in the program.
Old Apr 13th 2012, 7:09 am
Forum Regular

Smile Re: International Experience Canada

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

1. 2 reasons why they don't charge more, the Financial Administration Act only allows Gov't Depts. to charge what it costs to provide the service. (Note that is why the right of PR fees was dropped to $490)
2. Considering that it costs about $150K per CBO to work overseas CHC is not going to invest a great deal of money in the program.

Ok, so how did France manage (in previous years) to process the French applications, the UK applications and probably the Irish applications in a quarter of the time, for the same money? I'm sorry, but none of it makes the slightest jot of sense.
Old Apr 13th 2012, 11:36 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Ok, so how did France manage (in previous years) to process the French applications, the UK applications and probably the Irish applications in a quarter of the time, for the same money? I'm sorry, but none of it makes the slightest jot of sense.
Because Paris wasn't saddled with processing all the FSW applications from Pakistan.
Old Apr 13th 2012, 10:46 pm
Forum Regular

silv26 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey everyone,

I got my LOI today at 1am!?
Here is my timeline for those who are trying to work it out - like myself.

Sent application at the end of January - can't remember exact date now
Receipt email - February 21st
Conditional Acceptance email - March 21st
Payment made on 23rd March
Second Phase email - March 30th
LOI - April 14th
Old Apr 14th 2012, 12:12 am
Forum Regular

madisonavenue is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by silv26
Hey everyone,

LOI - April 14th
Congratulations! Thanks for the info, I'm about a week behind you so maybe I'll hear by the end of the week. Have fun in Canada!
Old Apr 14th 2012, 12:14 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by silv26
Hey everyone,

LOI - April 14th
Sounds promising for me then, i will be sending off my application soon, and by the sounds of your return rate i should be in Canada if accepted by July
Old Apr 14th 2012, 3:53 am
Forum Regular

can i just ask 1 thing, if you validate the forms and get the barcode page can i print off more of the employment section and write in the details on the forms?
Old Apr 14th 2012, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

Dandaman1 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Zaqi
Hi guys n gals.

I sent my application off royal mail signed for, and it was delivered on the 5th April... Just wondering how long it should take to receive the email acknowledgment receipt of application?? and how long it has been taking people after 1st email receipt to completion, as my passport is due to expire in 1 year and 16 weeks!! (does the processing time start from the first email you receive from them??)

thanks

Zaq
I sent mine off March 26 and got a receipt of application April 12 (just over 2 weeks). I think the busy period must be passing as most people who sent theirs in January and February were waiting almost a month before they got any sort of correspondence. Hopefully you'll get yours in the next week.

And yes, processing does officially start on receipt. The website says 8 weeks from then, but I'm predicting 9, maybe 10 weeks due to the delays everyone seems to be experiencing. They must have 1 chimp working the whole office...
Old Apr 14th 2012, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

scotspark will become famous soon enoughscotspark will become famous soon enough

Hey guys that's me been in Toronto since tues thought Id give people update on so far ,

Immigration - got pretty luckly not a long wait and through customs them immigration in around 20mins . No request for funds or insurance.

Setup social insurance number at service Canada centre in etobicoke , be sure to go early if you don't wanna be stuck there for hours !

Drivers licence - went to service Ontario also in etobicoke. straight forward you just need passport , and UK drivers licence both paper and card parts ( which they take and send back to Uk ) . Only test you have to do is simple eye test and they issue you with temp licence while the card one is sent out via post . Again go early I found out hard way !

Bank acct - I went with rbc , set up in 20mins and online banking done when I got back . For the wire transfer its best to notify your UK bank of your intentions before you leave that you will be doing transfer whenever so its just a quick fone call after your new bank acct is set up . Mines should be in Canadian bank Monday morning fingers crossed .

My next challenge is to sit my red seal exam so I can work as an electrician over here which I'll hopefully be sitting next week !

Settling in pretty well so far ( I know it's only been a few days ! ) but people seem friendly enough , weather obviously better than Scotland ! One minus - price of beer what's all that about eh !?

Hope this helps ! Any questions I'd be happy to help
Old Apr 14th 2012, 10:27 pm
Just Joined

bravecaptain is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

This is my first post. Just wondered if anyone else was in the same boat as me with their application?

Sent Application - 10th March
Receipt E-mail - 28th March
Still no payment request.

I know they have been advising there have been delays but has anyone who applied around the same time received their payment request yet? Looking back through everyone elses timelines it seems to vary wildly. I'm hoping to head out to Canada in mid-July - this should still be achieveable, right?

Also, once they request payment are you guaranteed a LOI? It seems strange that they would take your money only to deny you entry a few weeks later.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Last edited by bravecaptain; Apr 14th 2012 at 10:31 pm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.