Wikiposts

International Experience Canada

Old Jan 3rd 2012, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

leafsfan1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Originally Posted by tim010
The website stated that they would not be processing any applications over the Xmas period...Think it was until 2nd Jan so you should hear something soon.

Tim
The last (Royal Mail) special delivery posting date was 23rd december , then it went back to normal on the 28th december. I know between Dec 24th -Jan 2nd there was no IEC applications being processed.

My application was received on the 29th , do you think it should be the next couple days for me or another week until i get a reply ? (Do they process applications on sat&sun) ?

Last edited by leafsfan1; Jan 3rd 2012 at 10:01 pm.
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

cattym is an unknown quantity at this point

hi

I sent mine by courier on the 23rd December and it arrived that morning, but have still not had any confirmation from them. I think they did stop working on them from 24th Dec - 2nd Jan, but hopefully this week we should get the email confirming they have received the application.....fingers crossed!
Old Jan 4th 2012, 12:03 am
Just Joined

ConstructionGuy is an unknown quantity at this point

Cool - sounds like we are in similar situations - I'll update if/when we get the confirmations.
Old Jan 4th 2012, 2:11 am
Forum Regular

sinbad23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Got my "received my application" email from the high commision.

*fingers and toes crossed*

It does say that they will let me know within the next two weeks if I am successful.
Old Jan 4th 2012, 2:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Third6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Third6
Did either of you guys already in Canada applying for a second one include a photocopy of your current work permit with the application?
Anyone??
Old Jan 4th 2012, 2:57 am
Forum Regular

Anyone??
Nope; I did not..It did not ask for it in the FAQs and I am sure they will have a record of your previous application.
Old Jan 4th 2012, 4:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Third6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really nice

Originally Posted by sinbad23
Nope; I did not..It did not ask for it in the FAQs and I am sure they will have a record of your previous application.
It says if you are applying from a country that your are not a resident/citizen of you must supply proof of your legal status. Although this was added AFTER they released the application form a few weeks ago. It seems like they have put the instruction guide for applying for an actual work permit with LMO etc which is a lot more in depth than the IEC one.

If we do not need a copy of our permits then this is GREAT news for me as mine was stolen recently and takes 4 months to replace! Will just need to wait on the arrival of my replacement passport instead before applying.
Old Jan 4th 2012, 5:45 am
Forum Regular

It says if you are applying from a country that your are not a resident/citizen of you must supply proof of your legal status. Although this was added AFTER they released the application form a few weeks ago. It seems like they have put the instruction guide for applying for an actual work permit with LMO etc which is a lot more in depth than the IEC one.

If we do not need a copy of our permits then this is GREAT news for me as mine was stolen recently and takes 4 months to replace! Will just need to wait on the arrival of my replacement passport instead before applying.
ah okay- I filled my forms out the same day it was released. And sent it off the following morning.
Old Jan 4th 2012, 6:35 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone have any experience of renewing a long stay travel insurance policy from Canada?
Old Jan 4th 2012, 10:36 am
Just Joined

paddy2012 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I am wondering if anyone can advise. I am currently in Canada on my first IEC and applying for my second year. Does anyone know if it is necessary to include my offer of employment with my pack? I see it requests it on one of the forms but unsure if that is applicable to the IEC program
Old Jan 4th 2012, 1:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sinbad23
ah okay- I filled my forms out the same day it was released. And sent it off the following morning.
Ah right, that's cool. Will you let us know when you get accepted? Did you include your current job on the the IMM1295 form when it asks for your details of intended work in Canada? Because it says you're allowed to put unknown I figured even though I have a job, I might not wanna stay there for my whole time so putting unknown would be alright.

I did write the job in the employment section though as my current employer.

I feel like people are heavy over analysing this application and getting letters from their employer and all this other jazz.
Old Jan 4th 2012, 5:35 pm
Temporary Canuck

mattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost
Does anyone have any experience of renewing a long stay travel insurance policy from Canada?
I had no luck renewing (I believe the policy terms had changed, and it was not possible to just renew - you had to take out a new policy, which as a non resident of the UK, I struggled with).

I had to go with the slightly more expensive World Nomads - who seem to be one of the 'go to' companies for Brits in Canada looking to take out insurance.
Old Jan 5th 2012, 12:00 am
Forum Regular

CANorBUST is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mattieuk
I had no luck renewing (I believe the policy terms had changed, and it was not possible to just renew - you had to take out a new policy, which as a non resident of the UK, I struggled with).

I had to go with the slightly more expensive World Nomads - who seem to be one of the 'go to' companies for Brits in Canada looking to take out insurance.
Yes, I think that's the way that I am going to go as well. World Nomads is more expensive but I can't find extensions to my policy unless I went back to England to renew mine.
Old Jan 5th 2012, 12:03 am
Forum Regular

CANorBUST is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by paddy2012
Hi I am wondering if anyone can advise. I am currently in Canada on my first IEC and applying for my second year. Does anyone know if it is necessary to include my offer of employment with my pack? I see it requests it on one of the forms but unsure if that is applicable to the IEC program
No it's not necessary for the IEC. They said you can include it if you want. I didn't include mine in case it tied me to that job and I wanted to change within the year.
Old Jan 5th 2012, 4:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CANorBUST
No it's not necessary for the IEC. They said you can include it if you want. I didn't include mine in case it tied me to that job and I wanted to change within the year.
That's what I was planning on doing too.

Anyone been including a copy of their active work permit with their applications?? The stress about having to replace all this stuff is causing me to have insomnia, been late for work every day this week. The IEC will be the death of me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.