Wikiposts

International Experience Canada

Old Nov 29th 2012, 3:43 am
Just Joined

ScarySquirrel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Originally Posted by kangoolari
The IEC page has updated!.....slightly
My girlfriend thinks she caused this. She had just emailed them a question about something, they replied and about 5 minutes later it changed.

In the email, this part stood out:

"Please be advised that all the details pertaining to the changes to eligibility criteria, opening date, application process, as well as duration of work permits, will be published on our website towards the end of November and before the initiative is scheduled to open in early 2013."
Old Nov 29th 2012, 4:53 am
BE Enthusiast

KuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ScarySquirrel
My girlfriend thinks she caused this. She had just emailed them a question about something, they replied and about 5 minutes later it changed.

In the email, this part stood out:

"Please be advised that all the details pertaining to the changes to eligibility criteria, opening date, application process, as well as duration of work permits, will be published on our website towards the end of November and before the initiative is scheduled to open in early 2013."
It's funny they say "towards the end of November" as tomorrow is LITERALLY the last day of November... Too much to wish for those updates to be made tomorrow?

Thanks for sharing the information about that email. I'm especially interested about the 'duration' part. It's exciting! I can't wait.
Old Nov 29th 2012, 5:34 am
A taffy in Ontario

snuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant future

The IEC page has updated!.....slightly
coming weeks? some update...
Old Nov 29th 2012, 5:42 am
BE Enthusiast

kangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by snuggs
coming weeks? some update...
At least it's better than "in the fall of 2012", when it's nearly December
Old Nov 29th 2012, 5:44 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

At least it's better than "in the fall of 2012", when it's nearly December
Fall is Sept/Oct/Nov, so they've still got time to manage it!
Old Nov 29th 2012, 5:47 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KuroKuro
It's funny they say "towards the end of November" as tomorrow is LITERALLY the last day of November... Too much to wish for those updates to be made tomorrow?
Could well be, then they'd just release the info at the same time any changes are published in the Canadian Gazette, so that does make sense. Although if it now says 'in the coming weeks' on the website, they could well make you wait a bit longer................

Hope you all find out tomorrow and are put out of your misery!

Last edited by christmasoompa; Nov 29th 2012 at 5:51 am.
Old Nov 29th 2012, 6:00 am
A taffy in Ontario

snuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant future

Early 2013... I hope it does not take long to process... I want to get back out there!
Old Nov 29th 2012, 6:23 am
Forum Regular

John_1902 is an unknown quantity at this point

In terms of the 'Proof of Funds letter/document' section of the IEC visa. I know some people had problems with getting the bank to sign, date and stamp verifying that I have over certain amount (I cant remember from the top of my head now). Whats the best way to go about this? Can I ask my bank now or do they need to fill out special form that comes with the IEC form?
It would be really helpful if it was just like the Irish for 2013.
Old Nov 29th 2012, 6:46 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by John_1902
In terms of the 'Proof of Funds letter/document' section of the IEC visa. I know some people had problems with getting the bank to sign, date and stamp verifying that I have over certain amount (I cant remember from the top of my head now). Whats the best way to go about this? Can I ask my bank now or do they need to fill out special form that comes with the IEC form?
It would be really helpful if it was just like the Irish for 2013.
The stamping/verifying thing wasn't required for last years program, what makes you think it will be for 2013?
Old Nov 29th 2012, 7:05 am
Just Joined

PWaring is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm feeling a little selfish and hoping there won't be any news/application opens until I get my ACRO certificate back, just sent it off today :'D
Old Nov 29th 2012, 7:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
The stamping/verifying thing wasn't required for last years program, what makes you think it will be for 2013?
sorry I thought I read it some where on the Q&A section on the IEC website. It might have been old one, Thanks any way.
Old Nov 29th 2012, 7:52 am
SUPER MODERATOR

sorry I thought I read it some where on the Q&A section on the IEC website. It might have been old one, Thanks any way.
Nope, here's the current info on proof of funds - http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...w=d#ProofFunds It has been required in the past though, so perhaps it was an old thread on the forum, or on another website?

Of course, it may change next year though!
Old Nov 29th 2012, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Nope, here's the current info on proof of funds - http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...w=d#ProofFunds It has been required in the past though, so perhaps it was an old thread on the forum, or on another website?

Of course, it may change next year though!
It was that one, I miss read it wasn't necessary for 2012.
While we still at, can I provide funds of $2,500 from more than one bank account?
Old Nov 29th 2012, 8:54 am
SUPER MODERATOR

It was that one, I miss read it wasn't necessary for 2012.
While we still at, can I provide funds of $2,500 from more than one bank account?
I don't see why not, although it would be simpler to just transfer the money in to one account before you go. As long as it's accessible funds in your name, it should be fine.

Old Nov 29th 2012, 9:32 am
A taffy in Ontario

Originally Posted by PWaring
I'm feeling a little selfish and hoping there won't be any news/application opens until I get my ACRO certificate back, just sent it off today :'D

I sent mine off a couple weeks ago & It took less than a week for the certificate to come

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.