HRSDC LMO Timeline

Old Feb 1st 2008, 11:31 am
Just Joined

isidorefilmes will become famous soon enough
Default Re: HRSDC LMO Timeline

Originally Posted by scottandsara
isidorefilmes, have you had any update on your lmo yet?

Hi Scott,
I spoke yesterday to my future employer. He said that there are no problems with our process(anything that is delaying), but he still doesn't have news. Yesterday it completed 35 weeks. Since December 4 it is under review by an Officer. Then, I am crossing my fingers.
And trying to ponder in other things, This LMO already stressed me terribly.
I think that some jobs demand more research of the HRSDC than other.

It is everything very slowly. For Skilled Worker the time is not smaller than 16 months. They already inform before beginning the process.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 1:26 pm
Just Joined

e0zhao02 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by isidorefilmes
Hello,
These are the telephones and addresses that I found.
At that time that I made contact (in my case, with Alberta), the applications of June were being analyzed on this month (January).

Service Canada Centre
http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/en/workplaces...ers/hrcc.shtml

I hope helps you.

I called Service Canada Center in Ontario just now. The representative said the employee can not ask for the LMO status. Only the employer can do so. . She also told me the processing time in Ontario is 15-20 days.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 10:55 pm

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Applied for LMO (Ontario) on 28th December, came back today, all lovely and positive..........

OH new employer gave us a bit of a scare though, he pointed out in his email that the LMO expired on the 28th February, we checked the document, yeah 28th February 2010. We were both mid panic as he does not fly over until 25th March, (2008 not 2010!).

All's good now, another hurdle over.

Charlie
Old Feb 5th 2008, 11:50 am
Just Joined

nisha1978 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, all of u who are so well wersed with the process of obtaining a LMO, desperately need advice. I 'm a nurse from India, got my job offer to Calgary in Nov, and i was told they will apply for LMO and in 3 months time i can be in Calgary.Is this true, can somebody enlighten me as to how much time does it take for LMO for nurses coz im still waiting and there's been no reply from my employers. I'm in no hurry to land there, but want to jus know if im on right track...plz...
Old Feb 5th 2008, 12:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

lauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to all

Hi Nisha

Nursing LMOs are taking about a week in Alberta at the moment, they get fast tracked so there should not be any long delay. Have you had you license approved by CARNA, this is necessary prior to applying for LMO and is taking about 3 months or even longer.

HTH

Tom
Old Feb 5th 2008, 4:49 pm
Just Joined

nisha1978 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Tom i think thats good enough, ive got my eligibility from CARNA already, i hope thats what you meant by licence.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

sarah & andy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Nisha
I am an RN working in Calgary.My LMO was through in 10 days!!
Best of Luck Sarah
Old Feb 5th 2008, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

klotenjames is a jewel in the roughklotenjames is a jewel in the roughklotenjames is a jewel in the roughklotenjames is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by sarah & andy
Hi Nisha
I am an RN working in Calgary.My LMO was through in 10 days!!
Best of Luck Sarah
I think I made the wrong education...
Old Feb 5th 2008, 10:41 pm
Cheesey Dippin-Dunkin

Harrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by purple80
Applied for LMO (Ontario) on 28th December, came back today, all lovely and positive..........

OH new employer gave us a bit of a scare though, he pointed out in his email that the LMO expired on the 28th February, we checked the document, yeah 28th February 2010. We were both mid panic as he does not fly over until 25th March, (2008 not 2010!).

All's good now, another hurdle over.

Charlie
Congratulations!
The land of Raspberry Cider awaits...
Old Feb 5th 2008, 11:24 pm

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Harrypottermouse
Congratulations!
The land of Raspberry Cider awaits...
Aha, found it then....
Charlie

Last edited by purple80; Feb 5th 2008 at 11:29 pm.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 7:04 am
Just Joined

Brad Smith is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey everyone,

I'm a U.S. citizen, but have my own LMO data to contribute to the thread.

- employer filed for LMO in Vancouver, BC, on January 7th, 2008
- occupation is Graphic Designer (or some variant; it's an occupation under pressure)
- application was filed online, so immediate receipt
- employer received letter last week indicating backlog of 30-32 weeks for processing

What's worse is that, on my employers suggestion, I rented an apartment in Vancouver on a 1 year lease (technically took possession on February 1st). They had assured me everything would work out fine and that we'd have the LMO before the end of February.

So now I'm in limbo, waiting patiently (and the employer is trying to find other options to get me to Vancouver). Basically the big problem is this: I have tons of experience, great portfolio, management experience, etc., but no college degree (about 3 years of post-secondary education, but no certificate/degree/diploma/etc.).
Old Feb 6th 2008, 1:20 pm
Tootsie BattyFace

Littletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to behold

Its been a long time since I last wrote and I am a little sad to see so many of us are still waiting for our lmo's, however i have to say a huge congratulations to purple80 the rest of your life awaits in snowy canada!!!

Our cunning plan of flying out for a huge holiday completely backfired when the father in law was diagnosed with terminal cancer and so we stayed and he died!! then two days later the bloke who was going to buy our house pulled out and for a while left us with the feeling it was not meant to be but I am NOT giving in so easily... we're back on the market and the brain is back in action.....we're going to get there just got to be patient and have faith and anyway who wants to be dropped into canada in the middle of a freezing winter, spring will be beautiful....so we applied for our LMO at the very beginning of september last year....in alberta....23 weeks and waiting with hope in our hearts and a grimace on our face..."tee hee" they said on the phone there currently doing the beginning of july!
Old Feb 6th 2008, 2:27 pm
Just Joined

isidorefilmes will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Brad Smith
Hey everyone,

I'm a U.S. citizen, but have my own LMO data to contribute to the thread.

- employer filed for LMO in Vancouver, BC, on January 7th, 2008
- occupation is Graphic Designer (or some variant; it's an occupation under pressure)
- application was filed online, so immediate receipt
- employer received letter last week indicating backlog of 30-32 weeks for processing

What's worse is that, on my employers suggestion, I rented an apartment in Vancouver on a 1 year lease (technically took possession on February 1st). They had assured me everything would work out fine and that we'd have the LMO before the end of February.

So now I'm in limbo, waiting patiently (and the employer is trying to find other options to get me to Vancouver). Basically the big problem is this: I have tons of experience, great portfolio, management experience, etc., but no college degree (about 3 years of post-secondary education, but no certificate/degree/diploma/etc.).

Hello,

I am also going to Alberta to work like Graphic Designer (3D modeller/Animator). I am waiting for my LMO to 35 weeks and 4 days. At that time in that my employer applied, the delay was from 4 to 8 weeks.
You will need to have:

Faith,
Willpower,
Positive thought,

Don't worry about certificate. The professions in NOC 5241 are not regulated in Canada. In other words, if you have experience and some courses, already you qualify. Of course, certifications and courses help enough.

Good luck for you. That something happens for you to get your faster positive LMO!!
Old Feb 6th 2008, 6:49 pm
Just Joined

glofalcon is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: HRSDC LMO Timeline

Employer Applied: July 2007 Received Result: Jan 2008
Time for Process to complete: 26 wks.
Result: Positive.

Recommendation: Please plan way ahead if you intend to work in Alberta.

Last edited by glofalcon; Feb 6th 2008 at 6:51 pm.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 11:20 pm
Forum Regular

xxKellyxx has a spectacular aura aboutxxKellyxx has a spectacular aura aboutxxKellyxx has a spectacular aura about

Hi everyone

My employer submitted LMO request for me on 14 Jan (Ontario). He had a fax back from HRSDC today requesting that a copy of my work permit be faxed to them so that they can continue processing. (I'm already working in the job on BUNAC). I'll get this faxed to them tomorrow.

Should I take this as good news that they didn't just give us a negative opininion?

Feeling so excited and nervous at the same time!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.