HRSDC LMO Timeline

Old Jul 6th 2007, 12:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant future
Default Re: HRSDC LMO Timeline

Originally Posted by gryphea
Its all so tough isn't it. once the LMO's in we than haveanother wait for WP!

Yup its calgary. See from your post you're going to Lamont. Where is that?

Gryph
I'm hopefully picking my WP up at POE - can't stand anymore waiting:curse:

Lamont is a small town (Population 1,600) about 40 minutes east of Edmonton - that's were my job is, although I can imagine I will end up living in a town a bit bigger & a bit further out (maybe Vegreville?) due to house prices etc...
Old Jul 6th 2007, 6:00 pm

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scottandsara
I'm hopefully picking my WP up at POE - can't stand anymore waiting:curse:

Lamont is a small town (Population 1,600) about 40 minutes east of Edmonton - that's were my job is, although I can imagine I will end up living in a town a bit bigger & a bit further out (maybe Vegreville?) due to house prices etc...
Is it a definite definite must that they issue a Wp at Poe? Someone told us that it depended on the mood of the Customs officials but I didnt think they could legally not issue you one. It would be awful to arrive with dogs etc and not get WP because of a grumpy customs guy or gal?
I think my nerves wouldnt stick the wondering and I would rather have my WP in hand. However that said if it was a complete 100% surety that you got it at the POE then I would definitely go that way to speed the whole thing up.
Old Jul 6th 2007, 7:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Alvic
Is it a definite definite must that they issue a Wp at Poe? Someone told us that it depended on the mood of the Customs officials but I didnt think they could legally not issue you one. It would be awful to arrive with dogs etc and not get WP because of a grumpy customs guy or gal?
I think my nerves wouldnt stick the wondering and I would rather have my WP in hand. However that said if it was a complete 100% surety that you got it at the POE then I would definitely go that way to speed the whole thing up.
I guess that if you have the right docs then they can't not issue one? My consultant will check all of our paperwork before hand anyway, and I will be giving up work when I recieve my lmo -that's the point of no return I think!
Old Jul 6th 2007, 10:16 pm
Forum Regular

irthedino is an unknown quantity at this point

Joining yet another queue in the pursuit of immigration, but this is a good queue to be joining, feels like we're getting somewhere now but i'm expecting to sprout quite a few new grey hairs in the coming weeks!!!

1) Provincial office where applied: Ontario
2) Date when application was POSTED: 5th July
3) Date when they recieved the application: ???
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them? ???
5) Date when decision made or recieved? ??? Time's already going backwards!!!
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted? Outside
Old Jul 9th 2007, 12:13 am
Just Joined

sparky_63 is an unknown quantity at this point

can anybody help?
employer contacted me last week to say lmo had been approved, then emailed me a copy of pre approval document he had sent to service canada!
What does this mean and what timescale can we expect before we can get moving?
Old Jul 9th 2007, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

irthedino is an unknown quantity at this point

I will be giving up work when I recieve my lmo -that's the point of no return I think!
Ditto - I'll be handing in my notice as soon as the LMO is tightly gripped in my palm. I'm gonna apply for the WP but if it doesn't come around by the time i've worked my notice then i'm gonna be seriously looking at booking my flights and crossing my fingers. What a nice relaxed flight that would be eh! without a care in the world!!!!!

Di x
Old Jul 10th 2007, 12:31 am
Just Joined

frosting is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MiddleOfNowhere
They refused my LMO application becuase they needed an additional letter from my professional body. My employer must now post a new application when i get this letter sorted out :curse::curse:
Hello! I'm new here.My employer submitted the lmo application june 4 and received refusal letter yesterday. Job is in Ontario. Man thats fast! My employer wants to submit new information to fight back the refusal. Do you think its wise to do this or is it ok to submit a new and better lmo application?:curse:
Old Jul 10th 2007, 5:10 am
Forum Regular

gleech has a spectacular aura aboutgleech has a spectacular aura aboutgleech has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by frosting
Hello! I'm new here.My employer submitted the lmo application june 4 and received refusal letter yesterday. Job is in Ontario. Man thats fast! My employer wants to submit new information to fight back the refusal. Do you think its wise to do this or is it ok to submit a new and better lmo application?:curse:
what's the reason for refusal?

Erick
Old Jul 10th 2007, 5:32 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by gleech
what's the reason for refusal?

Erick
hello! they say that Canadians were qualified for the position. My employer told me that they have been posting the job vacancy at service canada site February 2007 but up to april 9, they havent found someone qualified. Thats why they want to fight back the lmo refusal. What my employer wants to do is show HRSDC my work and give them the specifics of the work. We dont know if this is possible cause its so hard to contact them! My employer even called and talked to one immigrating officer and all she got was an email directing her to check some links!
Old Jul 10th 2007, 8:40 am

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by frosting
hello! they say that Canadians were qualified for the position. My employer told me that they have been posting the job vacancy at service canada site February 2007 but up to april 9, they havent found someone qualified. Thats why they want to fight back the lmo refusal. What my employer wants to do is show HRSDC my work and give them the specifics of the work. We dont know if this is possible cause its so hard to contact them! My employer even called and talked to one immigrating officer and all she got was an email directing her to check some links!
Frosting - this is what I am worried about too that it will happen with my OH's job. Althought they have advertised it as well not one Canadian was interested. We have our house on the market and knowing our luck we will get a really good offer for it, accept it and then get our LMO refused and it will be too late to back out. We will be homeless and left in a position that we cant purchase another home as they are so bloomin expensive here. (Rant over). Keep us posted as to what happens to you and all the best I hope everything works out for you.
Old Jul 11th 2007, 1:19 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Alvic
Frosting - this is what I am worried about too that it will happen with my OH's job. Althought they have advertised it as well not one Canadian was interested. We have our house on the market and knowing our luck we will get a really good offer for it, accept it and then get our LMO refused and it will be too late to back out. We will be homeless and left in a position that we cant purchase another home as they are so bloomin expensive here. (Rant over). Keep us posted as to what happens to you and all the best I hope everything works out for you.
Hello Alvic! Dont worry everything will be ok for you. I suggested three options to my employer to fight back refusal, or apply again, or post an ad at service canada, let it sit there for a while then apply again. Received an email from her saying she will post a new ad at the site. This way she could attach 2 postings at the new application. I pray everything turns out good! What is good now is that my employer really wants to get me there. But I know they are very busy cause we are in the same line of business. I dont want to hassle them too much! So goodluck on your application! Tell us of the good news once you receive it ok!
Old Jul 11th 2007, 3:22 am
Forum Regular

chits is a jewel in the roughchits is a jewel in the roughchits is a jewel in the roughchits is a jewel in the rough

My hubby's took just 3 weeks for the LMO
Old Jul 11th 2007, 3:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Oh thanks. We emailed ours last night but nothing in the inbox this morning!!!

Slightly worried the guy is on holiday......or at Stampede.

Will keep you updated when we hear something.

Gryph
Any news yet gryph?
Old Jul 11th 2007, 3:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute

Any news yet gryph?
Still no news- Oh is going to phone them , hopefully tonight, maybe tomorrow night!

Gryph
Old Jul 11th 2007, 3:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud of

Its all so tough isn't it. once the LMO's in we than haveanother wait for WP!

Yup its calgary. See from your post you're going to Lamont. Where is that?

Gryph
How long have you been waiting now Gryph???? It seems ages since you applied for it.

Lisa

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.