HRSDC LMO Timeline

Old Mar 19th 2008, 9:05 pm
Tootsie BattyFace

Littletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: HRSDC LMO Timeline

Originally Posted by walkerv05
ditto all of the above

Sorry didn't want to make you guys feel shit too thought you were going for a nursey type job? whats going on? is there a Canadian holiday we wern't aware of, just to delay things a tad more!!!

Have to say the stress got so much for me I spent most of today in bed, thank god the oh was on holiday! read the whole of Michael Crichtons book 'sphere'though..... quite good but crap ending!!!
Old Mar 19th 2008, 9:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Littletashy
Sorry didn't want to make you guys feel shit too thought you were going for a nursey type job? whats going on? is there a Canadian holiday we wern't aware of, just to delay things a tad more!!!

Have to say the stress got so much for me I spent most of today in bed, thank god the oh was on holiday! read the whole of Michael Crichtons book 'sphere'though..... quite good but crap ending!!!
Ok littletashy and walkerv05 now look on the bright side yep you have waited a long time and am dreading it already the long waits are so stressful,

But you are nearly there there is light at the end of the tunnel so hang in there both of you, think positive and it will happen, anything worth having is always hard to get in the first place, when you have that LMO in your hands you will be on cloud 9 Try and fill your Easter weekend with something to take your mind of it all ( i know thats easy to say and it does take over everything ) if all else fails eat the kids eggs fingers crossed for you both I have a good book its called living and working in Canada you should try it endings pretty crap on that as well
Old Mar 19th 2008, 9:36 pm
Tootsie BattyFace

Littletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
Ok littletashy and walkerv05 now look on the bright side yep you have waited a long time and am dreading it already the long waits are so stressful,

But you are nearly there there is light at the end of the tunnel so hang in there both of you, think positive and it will happen, anything worth having is always hard to get in the first place, when you have that LMO in your hands you will be on cloud 9 Try and fill your Easter weekend with something to take your mind of it all ( i know thats easy to say and it does take over everything ) if all else fails eat the kids eggs fingers crossed for you both I have a good book its called living and working in Canada you should try it endings pretty crap on that as well
OK MOM,

I know your right about being positive, just gets hard sometimes....will definitly eat the eggs and chat with you on tuesday with a clearer, less grumpy, wallowy attitude, what would I do without you?

I read that book too, liked it!

Tashy x
Old Mar 19th 2008, 9:47 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by klotenjames
Does anyone knows how often a LMO is refused in alberta and for what reasons it could be refused?

And how often does it happens, that the application didn't make it to the mailbox of HRSDC?

I know I have to wait until end of april or beginning of may, but I am thinking about a "no" already...
Hi James to be honest you can't say a percentage of the time that they are either refused or agreed.

If you have the time or the patience ! to read through this thread you will find a lot of people that had theirs refused (or should I say their company had them refused) for things like

Lack of sufficient advertising to try and first get a Canadian
Below par wages for the job on offer

If you type in LMO and refused in the search it should come up with some interesting reads.

If your occupation is on a skills shortgage list, your employer has been constantly advertising for a local for about a million years and the wages are average for that job, there should be no problem!
Old Mar 19th 2008, 9:56 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Guys its the longest wait in the world (or feels like it)!!

I remember last year myself, AlvikSK and Gryphea kept ourselves going as we were all roughly around the same stage in the LMO process. I think it was a month between us all finally getting them and I don't think I could have gone on much longer without these guys on here.

I remember thinking "the next person that says to me "I thought you were moving to Canada" is gonna get a shovel in his / her face"!

Then when Mr MMC's company emailed at 11.55pm October 18th 2007 (to be precise) to say they had their LMO (after applying for it in May ) it all goes away.

Hang in there guys (we moved about 3 weeks after getting it and its worth the stress)
Old Mar 19th 2008, 10:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

kleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to behold

My turn to post one of these

1) Provincial office where applied: Quebec
2) Date when application was POSTED: February 13, 2008
3) Date when they received the application:No confirmation
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them? Don't know
5) Date when decision made or received? Approved, March 18, 2008
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada? Outside

And I am sorry littleashy... That really sucks :/ I hope you'll get yours really soon!!! *keeping my fingers crossed for you*
Old Mar 19th 2008, 10:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kleinluka
My turn to post one of these

1) Provincial office where applied: Quebec
2) Date when application was POSTED: February 13, 2008
3) Date when they received the application:No confirmation
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them? Don't know
5) Date when decision made or received? Approved, March 18, 2008

And I am sorry littleashy... That really sucks :/ I hope you'll get yours really soon!!! *keeping my fingers crossed for you*
Fab news so that 3 or 4 today with positive LMO,
at least it looks like there is life at the visa office
Old Mar 20th 2008, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

klotenjames is a jewel in the roughklotenjames is a jewel in the roughklotenjames is a jewel in the roughklotenjames is a jewel in the rough

@ littletashy

I feel exactly the same as you. The positive thing in my process is, that my employer is very patient. They wanted me as soon as possible, made the contract starting february 1st, and they are still waiting for me.
After applying for the LMO in October they were told about a maximum waiting time of 10 weeks. Now, 5 months later, they still think positive and wait for the result...

Anyway, keep my fingers crossed for all of us, that september, october and all the following months will go through a lot faster than august. It is really unbelivable how much time they need! Let's fl to edmonton and help them processing. I would help them for free...
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

starlight is an unknown quantity at this point

1) Provincial office where applied: Alberta
2) Date when application was POSTED: Mid February 2008
3) Date when they received the application: No confirmation
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them? None
5) Date when decision made or received? Pending

I was offered a position at the Calgary Health Region in February 2008, and was hoping that my application would be processed quickly considering Im in a healthcare profession.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 8:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

lauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to all

Hi Starlight

Have you chased Calgary Health on that over 4 weeks seems a bit more than the recent norm for Nurses. MOH has a job with Calgary Health and her LMO was applied for last Thursday, we are expecting it next week based on what we have heard from other nurses recently and Calgary Health themselves.

Cheers

Tom
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

Hey Tom,

Im not a nurse, Im an occupational therapist, however I was told by my boss it would come quickly.

I guess I should phone my boss next week and find out if they have heard anything. If it's taking 6 months for LMO to process my worry is will my employer keep my job open for that long???

I'll keep you all updated
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 10:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

lauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to all

Hi Starlight

Ok thats our little panic over Nurses qualify for the expedited LMO procedure hence the quick turnaround. Unfortunately OTs appear not be part of that for know.

Good luck, do you know where you are going to be working? MOH is probably going to be at Rockyview Hospital.

Cheers
Tom
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

Now I wish I trained as a nurse My friend who is an OT waited 4 months for her LMO to come through but her employer wasn't CHR. I think she applied around July/August 07 time.

I will be based at Peterlougheed Centre, apparently they are quite short staffed there.

I hope your partner gets her LMO soon. Let me know how she gets on

Good luck
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 10:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Shortstaffed is right the number of jobs listed on the Calgary Health website is quite staggering.

I dont think the LMO wait is an issue for them they seem pretty geared up for international staff so its not going to be a surprise.

We are just waiting on the kids passports coming back from being renewed and then we will apply for our work permits. I dont know where your at with your research or planning but MOH phoned the various doctors this week including the ones in Glasgow and your looking at 4 week lead time on an appointment and its about £150 plus about £80 for the Xray.

Its also worth knowing that you are able to apply for concurrent processing if you want to. You can apply before the LMO is granted but the timing is possibly an issue at the moment because the LMOs are taking longer than the TWP deadline.

Hope its less than 4 months for you.

Tom
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 1:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

walkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to behold

thanks for all the encouragement guys, its just hard to stay positive some times!, as i told my OH last night, next week could be the one but with our Walkers luck wont hold my breath, or i will be blue for weeks, .
We know there is a May intake for new staff at his hospital so i keep saying they should get it through for then, surly
can we arrange some appointments for our medicals for say a months time so that if it comes through then we dont have to wait the month or so for them or will the timing be way out and could come round before the paperwork? any suggestions?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.