HRSDC LMO Timeline

Old Nov 9th 2007, 4:12 pm
Just Joined

miyuflow will become famous soon enough
Default Re: HRSDC LMO Timeline

Originally Posted by RodRos&Co.
fingers crossed for you Scott, and anybody else thats waiting.
Thanks!!!
Old Nov 9th 2007, 6:40 pm
Just Joined

missvan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by yGruber
Hi Miss Van,

we are in the same van. I applied from France too for a temporary work permit.
My employer applied on line (HRSDC Vancouver) on the 10th of August.
HRSDC received LMO application on the 13th of August.
After 11 weeks of waiting, I asked my employer to send a letter (after numerous phone calls).
I have just received the answer now (forwarded by my employer) :

RE: Your reQuest for an expedited labour Market Opinion
In response to your request for expedited service on the above mentioned applications. I regret to inform you that we cannot accommodate your request. Due to the current backlog we are only able to expedite applications of an emergency nature.Though the situation may be urgent, it is not an emergency. In this regard your application will be processed with the other
applications received August 13. 2007. For your information, we are currently processing applications received May 18, 2007.
In addition, if the foreign worker's work permit is set to expire, inform the foreign worker to contact Citizenship and Immigration Canada at 1-888-242-2100.CIC's concurrent processing time has increased from 45 days to 90 days. Sincerely,

If you have a look at LMO time line in BC, it's becoming worse and worse :

Date LMO running Out of Scedule
08/30 04/27 -123
09/12 05/03 -129
10/01 05/07 -144
10/05 05/09 -146
10/23 05/15 -158
11/05 05/18 -167

I am waiting for 12 weeks today and I think I will celebrate X-Mas in France...

Feel free to ask your employer to write a letter, but I am afraid you will have the same answer...
Bon courage.
Thank you for your message, my employer finally received the same answer as you did: "it is not an emergency"... So I am going to give up on the LMO and apply for the French equivalent of BUNAC.

Good luck for you guys!
Old Nov 12th 2007, 2:09 pm

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point

C'mon Guys - what's going on here on the HRSDC never ending thread - no more LMO's yet:curse:
Old Nov 12th 2007, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

A_and_K has a brilliant futureA_and_K has a brilliant futureA_and_K has a brilliant futureA_and_K has a brilliant futureA_and_K has a brilliant futureA_and_K has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Alvic
C'mon Guys - what's going on here on the HRSDC never ending thread - no more LMO's yet:curse:

I'm ONLY waiting 25 weeks sooooo nothing new Maybe in 2050 I will get my LMO
Old Nov 12th 2007, 7:44 pm
Just Joined

haines is an unknown quantity at this point

Still nothing for us yet on the LMO front. I'm starting to worry that my employer might not hold out for me if it carries on like this!
Old Nov 12th 2007, 7:45 pm
Just Joined

Congrats on finally getting yours btw!
Old Nov 12th 2007, 8:01 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Littletashy
Our new employer sent our lmo application in at the beginning of september....9 weeks and counting.....like most of you we were under the impression that it would only take a few weeks and we'd be celebrating Christmas in Canada, this is not to be....we're not even sure where our employer filed the thing..... the jobs in calgary but their head offices are in saskatchwan and now she's talking about asking people in goverment to help out in speeding up the process....does anyone know if this will help??? Unfortunatly now it seems that theyve called an election for the 9th of November in sask...and now, well who knows whats gonna happen.
Im new to all of this and have never even moved out of my home town, so all of this is very scary and the frustration of dealing with red tape isnt helping my confidence.
My husbands job is in sales(phonebook) and so not an occupation under pressure.
If your LMO application went to Alberta I'm afraid it's not looking too rosey at the moment for a quick response, at least another 3 months wait if the posts on here are anything to go by. It's pretty depressing. I just try not to think about it unless I have to and hopefully that letter/email will come through one day and the celebrations can begin.

Good luck and I hope it goes well!
Old Nov 12th 2007, 11:47 pm
Just Joined

McBob is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all, new here, first post.

Wow, what an amazing thread. Just read the whole lot, and it's kind of simultaneously depressing and uplifting.

I'm 22 weeks into my wait for my LMO. I'm trying to get into BC. Same story that a lot of people have told - was originally told it would be around 12 weeks, but then it just spiralled... Think my application went in on May 29th.

Worst thing is, the HR people at my employers in BC have stopped talking to me. It's not like I bug them - I ping them a quick mail once a month. Am now feeling very much in the dark with no idea of when I can plan to get out there. All very crap.

Still, good to read that there are others in the same boat - and some much worse off. Well, not good to read that, but you know what I mean.
Old Nov 13th 2007, 1:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Kittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by McBob
Hello all, new here, first post.

Wow, what an amazing thread. Just read the whole lot, and it's kind of simultaneously depressing and uplifting.

I'm 22 weeks into my wait for my LMO. I'm trying to get into BC. Same story that a lot of people have told - was originally told it would be around 12 weeks, but then it just spiralled... Think my application went in on May 29th.

Worst thing is, the HR people at my employers in BC have stopped talking to me. It's not like I bug them - I ping them a quick mail once a month. Am now feeling very much in the dark with no idea of when I can plan to get out there. All very crap.

Still, good to read that there are others in the same boat - and some much worse off. Well, not good to read that, but you know what I mean.
Ditto, I have not had a reply to my *once in a while* e-mail to HR of the company who have offered me a job in Calgary.... it is v.worrying, im so peed off with it. Not the company, I cant blame them... they were told initially when they put my application in (July) that it would take 8 weeks!!
Grrrrrr!
Old Nov 13th 2007, 7:02 am
BE Enthusiast

scottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant future

No news I'm afraid
Old Nov 14th 2007, 10:13 am
Just Joined

bonnielass is an unknown quantity at this point

Province : BC
Date LMO application logged : May 17
Date LMO received : Still hopeful!
Currently in Canada

Am now at 25 weeks and 6 days....brutal! And yes, I am awake at 3am worrying about it!! Does anyone have any tips on hanging in there in limboland?!?!
Old Nov 14th 2007, 3:25 pm
Just Joined

yGruber is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bonnielass
Province : BC
Date LMO application logged : May 17
Date LMO received : Still hopeful!
Currently in Canada

Am now at 25 weeks and 6 days....brutal! And yes, I am awake at 3am worrying about it!! Does anyone have any tips on hanging in there in limboland?!?!
It's weird.
I 've got a fax from HRSDC BC saying they were processing LMO received May 18th, 2007. It was 10 days ago.
There is a delay between the time you send the application and the time they record it.
For me : applied on line August 10th, recorded August 13th.

Let us know what's happen. You will have news very soon.

It's now 13 weeks of wait (it was the maximum time to process a LMO as HRSDC said).
Old Nov 14th 2007, 7:08 pm
Just Joined

bonnielass is an unknown quantity at this point

Spoke to my employer this morning. Apparently what has happened is that batches of files were sent out from BC to other offices to help with the backlog....mine was not in any of those batches and is sitting in Vancouver. Hopefully with a bit of a nudge from the lawyer someone in Vancouver will get their finger out! Am going crazy over here!
Old Nov 15th 2007, 8:32 am
Tootsie BattyFace

Littletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to behold

Thanks.... The more I read, the further away from our goal I feel.....however like baldrick "I have a cunning plan" Were going over..... not for a week or two were gonna just go for it i figure if we submit our work permits/ school permits/ photos/ police checks etc to the high commision here in England at the beginning of january.... when the LMO finaly comes through in February (or whenever) we should...hopefully still be within there 90 day timeline....saving us the hassle of applying twice! My husbands current job is making redundances so we'd be ok financially.....we could fly out the beginning of january get to know the area/ find a good school, Have some fun, and he can finally meet the people who have put there faith in his abilities. (I know he cant work until the paper work is finalised).....Has any one done this?? I have to say I hadnt even thought about it untill the consulate told us we could!
Old Nov 15th 2007, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

A_and_K has a brilliant futureA_and_K has a brilliant futureA_and_K has a brilliant futureA_and_K has a brilliant futureA_and_K has a brilliant futureA_and_K has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Re: HRSDC LMO Timeline

After 26 weeks and 2 days finally I received positive LMO. What can I say: Woohoooo!!!!!

1) Provincial office where applied: ALBERTA
2) Date when application was POSTED: I’m not sure
3) Date when they recieved the application: May 15, 2007
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them? Yes, couple times but I don’t know details
5) Date when decision made or recieved. November 15, 2007
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted? Outside.

I’m really happy!!!!!! Thank you guys for everything. This forum was really helpful

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.