HRSDC LMO Timeline

Old Aug 30th 2007, 7:21 am
BE Enthusiast

scottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant future
Default Re: HRSDC LMO Timeline

Originally Posted by peachgary
This is good news for me as well because i was starting to get stressed
with not knowing my timeline.
I was filed on the 9th of june so i guess i will still have about 6-8 weeks
left which is good news for me as i give me more time to sell my home
Lethbridge here i come yehaa!
The time left depends on how many lmo's they received in May & how quickly they can process them - that is the main problem I have found, they tell you what date that they are processing but not how many they have received in the meantime. What you have done is presume that they are processing them at the same rate as receiving them.

The information they give is quiet vague - if yours was submitted on 9th June then I think the only guarantee you have is that it will not be processed for at least three weeks.....after that it's anyones guess!

Scott
Old Aug 30th 2007, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

Sockdogg has a brilliant futureSockdogg has a brilliant futureSockdogg has a brilliant futureSockdogg has a brilliant futureSockdogg has a brilliant futureSockdogg has a brilliant future

Finally our LMO has gone in!

1) Provincial office where applied: Nova Scotia
2) Date when application was POSTED: August 29th 2007
3) Date when they recieved the application: August 29th 2007 (hand delivered by employer)
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them? none so far
5) Date when decision made or recieved?
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted? Outside

As soon as I get a copy of the documents I'll be starting my concurrent application and start counting down the weeks.
Old Aug 30th 2007, 8:14 am
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottandsara
The time left depends on how many lmo's they received in May & how quickly they can process them - that is the main problem I have found, they tell you what date that they are processing but not how many they have received in the meantime. What you have done is presume that they are processing them at the same rate as receiving them.

The information they give is quiet vague - if yours was submitted on 9th June then I think the only guarantee you have is that it will not be processed for at least three weeks.....after that it's anyones guess!

Scott

Some interesting news from Dobbie yesterday - he got his LMO yesterday after 16 weeks. He is already in Calgary though.

Gryph
Old Aug 30th 2007, 8:14 am
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sockdogg
Finally our LMO has gone in!

1) Provincial office where applied: Nova Scotia
2) Date when application was POSTED: August 29th 2007
3) Date when they recieved the application: August 29th 2007 (hand delivered by employer)
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them? none so far
5) Date when decision made or recieved?
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted? Outside

As soon as I get a copy of the documents I'll be starting my concurrent application and start counting down the weeks.
good luck!
Old Aug 30th 2007, 8:20 am
BE Enthusiast

scottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by gryphea
Some interesting news from Dobbie yesterday - he got his LMO yesterday after 16 weeks. He is already in Calgary though.

Gryph
Nothing suprises me anymore, I'll be happy if I get there before christmas!

Just out of curiosity, how much contact have you had with your future employer? It's a strange feeling for me - telephone interview at the end of March, a couple of emails & then turning up for work 6 months later! I guess we'll have more contact before I start, but it's not like getting a job over here (4 weeks notice & start new job). Just wondering if you were the same!

Scott
Old Aug 30th 2007, 8:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Just out of curiosity, how much contact have you had with your future employer? It's a strange feeling for me - telephone interview at the end of March, a couple of emails & then turning up for work 6 months later! I guess we'll have more contact before I start, but it's not like getting a job over here (4 weeks notice & start new job). Just wondering if you were the same!

Scott

Well its my OH's job

They flew us both over for interview, and spent a while 'wooing us' then there was a lot of contact in the flurry of LMOs to sort out, job offers, contracts to be signed etc. Then basically since the LMO we just have the occasional email contact every 3 or 4 weeks. I expect loads more contact in the run up to us going over, as they have offered to help in a number of ways. But for know its all about the LMO!!!

It would be strange after only a phone interview but its just the system!

Gryph
Old Aug 30th 2007, 8:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Well its my OH's job

They flew us both over for interview, and spent a while 'wooing us' then there was a lot of contact in the flurry of LMOs to sort out, job offers, contracts to be signed etc. Then basically since the LMO we just have the occasional email contact every 3 or 4 weeks. I expect loads more contact in the run up to us going over, as they have offered to help in a number of ways. But for know its all about the LMO!!!

It would be strange after only a phone interview but its just the system!

Gryph
I suppose it doesn't help that I've never actually been to Canada either!
Old Aug 30th 2007, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

peachgary is an unknown quantity at this point

Scott
Thanks Scott, I'm more happy knowing a vague guide line then not knowing at
all that's why this website has become my jewel of websites because like every one els i was told 12 weeks but now i know it could run up to 20 weeks so my stress levels are cooling off
But i guess my thoughts are different to others because the longer the better
as long as my prospective new boss in lethbridge is cool about things then so am I. I have a wife and child and would love for us all to go together but we still need to sell our house for this to happen that's why i'm not going down the concurrent work permit route just yet.

Well is say the longer the better, i filed for PR in August last year and I still have over 2 years left to wait mmmmmmmm that's too long hehe
so i guess this is my best route i just amazes me that employers are willing to wait to get their man.
Old Aug 30th 2007, 9:16 am
BE Enthusiast

all that's why this website has become my jewel of websites because like every one els i was told 12 weeks but now i know it could run up to 20 weeks so my stress levels are cooling off
as long as my prospective new boss in lethbridge is cool about things then so am I. I have a wife and child and would love for us all to go together but we still need to sell our house for this to happen that's why i'm not going down the concurrent work permit route just yet.

Well is say the longer the better, i filed for PR in August last year and I still have over 2 years left to wait mmmmmmmm that's too long hehe
so i guess this is my best route i just amazes me that employers are willing to wait to get their man.

I'm the opposite - my house is gone, no ties left & I want to be there yesterday! I was told 8 weeks, then 12, then 16, now 19......God only knows when it'll arrive

Scott
Old Aug 30th 2007, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

peachgary is an unknown quantity at this point

Scott
Scott: For me it was so busy in the beginning with a telephone interviews
and many many emails tying to sell us to each other but once the LMO
got started, its just been the odd email "hey how ya doing kinda thing"

I also had to walk him through the process because he didn't no what to
do. but he did send me my contract which put my mind at rest..............
Old Aug 30th 2007, 10:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Sockdog

Cofused- you say you are going to LEthbridage but your timeline post above says Nova Scotia? If your LMO went to nova scotia your timeline would be way shorter thean alberta
Old Aug 30th 2007, 10:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Sockdog

Cofused- you say you are going to LEthbridage but your timeline post above says Nova Scotia? If your LMO went to nova scotia your timeline would be way shorter thean alberta
I think you're getting sockdog and peachgary confused.
Old Aug 30th 2007, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

Sockdogg has a brilliant futureSockdogg has a brilliant futureSockdogg has a brilliant futureSockdogg has a brilliant futureSockdogg has a brilliant futureSockdogg has a brilliant future

must be a mix-up we're going to Nova Scotia, so hoping that the LMO is a long way shorter than the 19 weeks people have been waiting for other provinces.
Old Aug 30th 2007, 9:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

RodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Sockdogg
hope your quote of 3 weeks is accurate as our LMO is going into NS hopefully next week.

Hoping to get our concurrent work permit application in as soon as I get a copy of the LMO from the employer. Anyone know if it can be faxed over rather than wait for the post?

cheers
Sorry Sockdogg didn't see your reply, lets hope our consultant is right did you find out about a faxed copy of the LMO or does it have to be the original?

Rosie
Old Aug 30th 2007, 10:14 pm
Forum Regular

Didnt find out for definate as the company are FedEx-ing it over I thought I'd wait.

I think I read somewhere that someone got the employer to scan the documents as a pdf and then email them to the employee so they can be printed and posted.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.