HRSDC LMO Timeline

Old Sep 27th 2007, 10:49 am
BE Enthusiast

scottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant future
Default Re: HRSDC LMO Timeline

Originally Posted by scottandsara
I can't help but think it has something to do with all of these 'pre-approved just in case we decide to employ someone in the next 6 months' and the 'my jobs super important so I'm gonna go straight to the front of the queue' applications, mixed with the all important 'staffing problems' at HRSDC.:curse:

Nevermind. I used to be quite easy going.
PS. I should add that I have nothing against people going through the above 2 methods, and only wish I could've done the same!
Old Sep 28th 2007, 7:25 am

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gryphea
I am surprised by yours though- its so sort of random isn't it?
Yeah so are we as we have a letter from Service Canada stating that it would only be a few weeks!

We're all going to Canada for this laid back lifestyle they all have - but I think they are so laid back - it's gonna kill me
Old Sep 28th 2007, 8:22 am
BE Enthusiast

scottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant future

Just to keep you guys posted, I contacted Edmonton HRSDC yesterday - they are still working on a 22 week wait, and the lady said they are working evenings and weekends to (try to) stop it going back any further.
Old Sep 28th 2007, 8:42 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody arse and pants, if thats the case that will mean we get ours beginning of Jan, way outside the 90 day request from London for it. :curse:

Also oh employment offer (the temp one that the company has to give for the temp visa) expires strictly speaking at the end of June.

If thats the case and the lmo is too late for the twp I wonder if we can get employer to do a new temp job offer and then as soon as lmo comes we can get wp at poe?!!!!???

This is the annoying bit like amny have said, paperwork rules and regs don't do much for their labour shortage
Old Sep 28th 2007, 9:56 am
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute

Just to keep you guys posted, I contacted Edmonton HRSDC yesterday - they are still working on a 22 week wait, and the lady said they are working evenings and weekends to (try to) stop it going back any further.

Great news and thanks for phoning them. I actually tried last night too but just got the machine. In fact I have only ever got the machine so full marks for your persistance!
Old Sep 28th 2007, 10:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Great news and thanks for phoning them. I actually tried last night too but just got the machine. In fact I have only ever got the machine so full marks for your persistance!
No persistence needed - I got through 1st time! I think you always get a machine, but there's 2 different messages - 1 directs you to an answerphone, the other puts you in a queue.
Old Sep 28th 2007, 12:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute

No persistence needed - I got through 1st time! I think you always get a machine, but there's 2 different messages - 1 directs you to an answerphone, the other puts you in a queue.
Oh OK then!!!

PS we are on 22+1!
Old Sep 28th 2007, 12:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
Bloody arse and pants, if thats the case that will mean we get ours beginning of Jan, way outside the 90 day request from London for it. :curse:

Also oh employment offer (the temp one that the company has to give for the temp visa) expires strictly speaking at the end of June.

If thats the case and the lmo is too late for the twp I wonder if we can get employer to do a new temp job offer and then as soon as lmo comes we can get wp at poe?!!!!???

This is the annoying bit like amny have said, paperwork rules and regs don't do much for their labour shortage

WE are in a similar position in that we applied for WP concurrently too. Ours ran out 15th spetember- 90 day thing. We have written three times apologising and explaining the position but have had nothing back and so we have no idea whther or not they are leaving the application on file or whther they are chucking it out

Annoying isn't the word.
Gryph
Old Sep 28th 2007, 1:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Oh OK then!!!

PS we are on 22+1!
I was only sharing the information that I have picked up.
Old Sep 28th 2007, 1:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

I was only sharing the information that I have picked up.

I know and thanks , I do really apprieciate it. I don't think I hold you personally repsonsible for our wait......

How are you coping with ILs? Everytime I think of our pants situation I think of yours and somehow you win!
Old Sep 28th 2007, 1:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

I know and thanks , I do really apprieciate it. I don't think I hold you personally repsonsible for our wait......

How are you coping with ILs? Everytime I think of our pants situation I think of yours and somehow you win!
Coping. Just about. Aided by dreams of Canada and a LOT of beer
Old Sep 28th 2007, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

jandavid is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all

I have been a frustrated reader of this thread since its inception, Im almost as frustrated and annoyed as all of you who are waiting on AB for LMO's. I too will be joining you as soon as the company and lawyer looking at our case get the app in.
Ive been looking at some of the websites to see if there is any indication of delay and if you look at the links, there may be some answers. The low skill projects, the food, beverage and manufacturing projects and the new expidiated list. You never know???
Reason I did this is, I had an interview at a meat processing plant nr Calgary, the Maintenance Mgr was very keen but when I spoke to HR Mgr he wasn't due to several things. While I was there they were processing nearly 200 Phillipino's for the factory. I wondered how can they bring in unskilled workers easily and not be interested in me ( trades skilled that they were wanting) On the AB Imm website it tells you that companies can bring in low skill base foreigners etc etc.
http://www.alberta-canada.com/pnp/se...ufacturing.cfm
http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/en/workplaces...ers/elmo.shtml
http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/en/epb/lmd/fw...L_200611_e.pdf
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/low-skill.asp

Best wishes to all and good luck
David
Old Sep 28th 2007, 1:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

How is the house rental situation looking?
Old Sep 28th 2007, 3:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

How is the house rental situation looking?

Not good- we have told them they can move in 27th oct but haven't signed anything....its pants and I feel terrible
Old Oct 1st 2007, 8:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Not good- we have told them they can move in 27th oct but haven't signed anything....its pants and I feel terrible
Thats not good news. Is there any way you can let them move in & move into temp accomodation yourself (presuming you have your lmo by then!)?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.