HRSDC LMO Timeline

Old Aug 15th 2007, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

newfiegurl is on a distinguished road
Default Re: HRSDC LMO Timeline

Is it possible for the timeline to decrease without notice? For example, if we make other plans to tie us over for 6 months, is it possible for it to be processed in 3 months with current processing time? Or is that unrealistic?
Old Aug 15th 2007, 2:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by newfiegurl
Is it possible for the timeline to decrease without notice? For example, if we make other plans to tie us over for 6 months, is it possible for it to be processed in 3 months with current processing time? Or is that unrealistic?

I would say its unrealistic but possible. I get the feeling they have lost staff there- they could suddenlly staff up but I doubt it- they have the same recruitment problems as everyone else in Alberta. They know exactly how many they are getting in and how many they can process in a week - so if they say 17 to 20 weeks - that is the most likley and it could be longer as well as shorter
Old Aug 15th 2007, 2:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute

Plus of course you need a WP and time to hand in notice at work etc
Old Aug 15th 2007, 4:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute

Wait time for LMO in BC is 15-17 weeks as of the end of July
Old Aug 16th 2007, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

Well, just got word of possibility of a new job offer in Alberta...Is there any way to have the LMO process go faster? Can the employer have anything in place before the application to speed things up?
Old Aug 16th 2007, 3:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant future

Well, just got word of possibility of a new job offer in Alberta...Is there any way to have the LMO process go faster? Can the employer have anything in place before the application to speed things up?
Nope....at least not that I know of. I think you'll just have to join the que like everyone else
Old Aug 16th 2007, 3:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

No - apart from he could be ready to submit LMO the day you sign

Pretty much all of us in the queue are in occupations under pressure

There seems no way of speeding it up
Old Aug 16th 2007, 3:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by gryphea
Pretty much all of us in the queue are in occupations under pressure
Dammit- I knew I spelt queue wrong
Old Aug 16th 2007, 3:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by scottandsara
Dammit- I knew I spelt queue wrong

I think you should go to the back of it for not spelling it right. On the other hand that won't make any difference to our 20 week wait so maybe not.....
newfiegurl might overtake on the inside if you aren't careful though!
Old Aug 16th 2007, 7:21 pm
Just Joined

yGruber is an unknown quantity at this point

1) Provincial office where applied:British Columbia
2) Date when application was POSTED:August 10th, 2007
3) Date when they received the application: immediately I guess, it was done online.
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the inquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an inquiry from them? No calls and no inquiries.
5) Date when decision made or received? Soon I hope !
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted? Outside (France).

I hope it won't take a while, my job offer starts on the 1st of October and it's 5 to 7 weeks to apply for a Work Permit.

I will let you know - "Patience et longueur de temps font plus que force ni que rage" - Jean De La Fontaine
Old Aug 16th 2007, 8:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by yGruber
1) Provincial office where applied:British Columbia
2) Date when application was POSTED:August 10th, 2007
3) Date when they received the application: immediately I guess, it was done online.
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the inquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an inquiry from them? No calls and no inquiries.
5) Date when decision made or received? Soon I hope !
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted? Outside (France).

I hope it won't take a while, my job offer starts on the 1st of October and it's 5 to 7 weeks to apply for a Work Permit.

I will let you know - "Patience et longueur de temps font plus que force ni que rage" - Jean De La Fontaine
You may be able to apply for a concurrent work permit.

I think 1st October is looking optomistic for BC though
Old Aug 16th 2007, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

Is it possible to apply for two seperate LMO's from two seperate employers at the same time?
Old Aug 16th 2007, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

gleech has a spectacular aura aboutgleech has a spectacular aura aboutgleech has a spectacular aura about

Is it possible to apply for two seperate LMO's from two seperate employers at the same time?
I Think so, my situation is same as you, I already got my LMO from employer "A", but still waiting for my LMO from employer "B". Both of them are from Alberta.

Erick
Old Aug 17th 2007, 7:03 am
BE Enthusiast

But if you are only intending to take 1 job then why do this?
It's this kind of thing that's delaying the processing time for everyone.
Old Aug 17th 2007, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

With our situation, the new job offer came after the first and it's a more attractive offer. The first one is located in the Rockies at a hotel that is very isolated and away from everything. The second potential offer is in Calgary and pays more. I don't think any of this should take as long as it does!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.