HRSDC LMO Timeline

Old Jul 26th 2007, 6:16 am
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HRSDC LMO Timeline

Originally Posted by Solarfish
Hi Gryphea

Sorry for the confusion, you are correct I did not need an LMO, my point was that even just trying to get a work permit through a transfer still took 7 weeks and the lawyers said that previous transfers had never taken more than 3 or 4 weeks. So it is a further indication (as if you needed one!) of how slow things are going in London at the moment.

Yup

I think things in London are slow although I also think lawyers aren't nearly as up on timelines as peole on this forum! Scottandsara were I think told 5-6 weeks for albertan LMO and at that time the wait was at least 12 weeks!

Hopefully we have pre-sped up the london end by applying concurrently!

BEst wishes for the 1st August- you must be very excited!

Gryph
Old Jul 26th 2007, 9:01 am

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well it looks like we are going to be joining this thread via the Regina office. whenever things get applied for I will start the timeline in the corect forum. The immigration lady in Regina has mislead my OH's new employer and we could have had the process started a month ago, but instead our back to square one so that is a bit sickening. Over all though we are on our way at last so be prepared for another ex-pat puuling her hair out over LMO queues.
Alison.
Old Jul 26th 2007, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

lawson44 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi LMO time details hope this helps

1) Provincial office where applied: Nova Scotia
2) Date when application was POSTED:12th June 2007
3) Date when they recieved the application: 14th June 2007
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them? None
5) Date when decision made or recieved? 18th July 2007
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted? outside
Old Jul 30th 2007, 12:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by cousinette
Hi everyone
Just to let you know that it has been 16 weeks since my LMO was sent to Service Canada Edmonton.
I am tired of waiting
I will let you updated once I receive any news. Hopefully good ones
Take care

Coco
Any update on your LMO yet?

Just checking!

Scott
Old Jul 30th 2007, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by scottandsara

Just checking!

Scott
Everytime I see this thread answered and sent to me in my inbox I get all excited thinking that one of you have actually received your blasted LMO's....I think they are taking the p**s now. I feel so frustrated for you all never mind how on earth you must feel.
Old Jul 30th 2007, 4:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alvic
Everytime I see this thread answered and sent to me in my inbox I get all excited thinking that one of you have actually received your blasted LMO's....I think they are taking the p**s now. I feel so frustrated for you all never mind how on earth you must feel.
Me too- I get all excited!
Old Jul 31st 2007, 6:08 am
Just Joined

cousinette is an unknown quantity at this point

Just checking!

Scott

Hello
I am sorry but I have no news yet.
I am afraid I will not have any soon because my employer is going on vacation in August.
I am loosing my patience: 17 weeks
this process is just endless.
Good luck and in case something happens I will keep you informed
Coco.
Old Jul 31st 2007, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

scottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by gryphea
Me too- I get all excited!
Don't get too excited - your lmo is due before mine!

12 weeks today
Old Jul 31st 2007, 8:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Don't get too excited - your lmo is due before mine!

12 weeks today

This morning OH had to go seriously early for work and I woke up in this dream of the LMO coming overnight and being in our inbox this morning and me being desparate to but unable to tell him due to his meetings all day. Its all even more pertinant for us as if we get it by Aug 3rd - his notice period could be construed as one week, but after that it is 3 months!

Desparate times
Old Jul 31st 2007, 8:43 am

This morning OH had to go seriously early for work and I woke up in this dream of the LMO coming overnight and being in our inbox this morning and me being desparate to but unable to tell him due to his meetings all day. Its all even more pertinant for us as if we get it by Aug 3rd - his notice period could be construed as one week, but after that it is 3 months!

Desparate times
That's heartbreaking Gryphea
Old Jul 31st 2007, 9:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Desparate times
3 months

I guess I should stop being so impatient about my 1 month notice.

I think I will phone Edmonton HRSDC in a couple of weeks so I will let you know the updated waiting time.

Scott
Old Jul 31st 2007, 9:21 am
BE Forum Addict

3 months

I guess I should stop being so impatient about my 1 month notice.

I think I will phone Edmonton HRSDC in a couple of weeks so I will let you know the updated waiting time.

Scott
Our company will be phoning them by about the 8th August as we have another deadline then which is the potential of London to refuse our concurrent WP on the basis of it being over 90 days since we submitted.
Old Aug 1st 2007, 8:13 am
BE Forum Addict

More bad news - I phoned the Edmonton HRSDC office to ask about the waiting time first hand. The current waiting time is 16 weeks, but they're hoping for it to go down.

It's also a strict queing system - I was kinda hoping they would take a bribe

Scott

Do you have the number for the edmonton HRSDC?

Gryphea
Old Aug 1st 2007, 8:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Scott

Do you have the number for the edmonton HRSDC?

Gryphea
I've PM you with details.

Scott
Old Aug 1st 2007, 2:56 pm
Just Joined

kennyandlinda is an unknown quantity at this point

hi folks
first time on, LMO was submitted on 20th june in canada by my soon to be employer were heard nothing since. the **************** in london checked my employers LMO and everything was ok.
now the worse part waiting ,and going by you guys in for a long wait we were told 12weeks but does not seen likely now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.