HRSDC LMO Timeline

Old Jun 1st 2007, 8:43 am
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HRSDC LMO Timeline

Originally Posted by scottandsara
I've been advised by my consultant that mine would be back 4-8 weeks after it being submitted - but now I'm not so sure! Oh well, 3 down ?? to go
I would say 4-8 weeks for Alberta is on the very optomistic/insanely optomistic side but there's nothing wrong with a spot of optomism!

Yours must have been submitted just after ours - and I am thinking more like 12 weeks and then I may get a pleasant surprise (of course I could get an unpleasant one!)

Gryphea
Old Jun 1st 2007, 2:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant future

I suppose it's just a case of wait & see - it does seem to be a bit random with regards to timescale.

I just hope my new employer slipped in a few dollars with my lmo application
Old Jun 1st 2007, 2:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute

I suppose it's just a case of wait & see - it does seem to be a bit random with regards to timescale.

I just hope my new employer slipped in a few dollars with my lmo application

We have suggested to ours that they exert gentle pressure and they say they can try but in their experince it makes no difference!
Old Jun 4th 2007, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

gleech has a spectacular aura aboutgleech has a spectacular aura aboutgleech has a spectacular aura about

just a little update on my LMO and good news(I guess). The officer who's handling our application called my employer and she instructed my employer to just change the Job Title to satisfy the wage requirement. Employer also told me that the officer is nice and supportive.

I just have one concern about open spousal work permit. My job title before is Glazier and now it was down to helper, I dont mind the change in job title. My concern is, can my wife still apply for open spousal work permit. Glazier belongs to NOC class B while the helper belongs to NOC Class D. I dont know if I'm correct or someone could correct me, Regardless of Job Title, Spouse are entitled for Open Work Permit?

Erick
Old Jun 4th 2007, 8:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by gleech
just a little update on my LMO and good news(I guess). The officer who's handling our application called my employer and she instructed my employer to just change the Job Title to satisfy the wage requirement. Employer also told me that the officer is nice and supportive.

I just have one concern about open spousal work permit. My job title before is Glazier and now it was down to helper, I dont mind the change in job title. My concern is, can my wife still apply for open spousal work permit. Glazier belongs to NOC class B while the helper belongs to NOC Class D. I dont know if I'm correct or someone could correct me, Regardless of Job Title, Spouse are entitled for Open Work Permit?

Erick
Hi Gleech- Spousal open permits are only issued for certian types of employment- you therefore need to check this out and don't assume it

Gryphea
Old Jun 4th 2007, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

gleech has a spectacular aura aboutgleech has a spectacular aura aboutgleech has a spectacular aura about

I guess I found my answer here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/worker-4.html

Occupation needs to be in NOC O, A, B.

sad, but what chances do we have so that wife can come with me.

Erick
Old Jun 5th 2007, 7:09 am
BE Enthusiast

scottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant future

your wife can come with you, she just wont be able to work.
Old Jun 5th 2007, 9:23 am

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Every womans dream
your wife can come with you, she just wont be able to work.
Old Jun 5th 2007, 10:24 am
BE Enthusiast

I'm in the same boat - my wife wont be entitled to a work permit, but we have two kids (age 1 and 3) that she has to look after anyway.
Old Jun 5th 2007, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

I'm in the same boat - my wife wont be entitled to a work permit, but we have two kids (age 1 and 3) that she has to look after anyway.
That's great, she can come along but she is not entitled to apply for open work permit. She needs to have her own LMO and work permit to work legally. thanks scott.

Erick
Old Jun 5th 2007, 1:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

No probs.

I guess it's gonna be difficult breaking the news that she will have to become a lady of leisure

Scott
Old Jun 5th 2007, 7:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by gleech
I guess I found my answer here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/worker-4.html

Occupation needs to be in NOC O, A, B.

sad, but what chances do we have so that wife can come with me.

Erick

Erick

Sorry to hear this. She can of course come with you - but not work- which may be difficult in Calgary

Gryphea
Old Jun 6th 2007, 12:23 am
Forum Regular

another update guys,

after the problems with wage and change of job title, I finally found my positive LMO sitting in my email , The officer really helps us in obtaining a positive LMO, LMO is valid for 2yrs.

Erick
Old Jun 6th 2007, 12:29 am
Forum Regular

1) Provincial office where applied: Alberta
2) Date when application was POSTED: March 2, 2007
3) Date when they recieved the application: March 2, 2007
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them?
5) Date when decision made or recieved? June 6, 2007
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted? Outside
Old Jun 6th 2007, 7:19 am
BE Enthusiast

QUOTE=gleech;4877713]another update guys,

after the problems with wage and change of job title, I finally found my positive LMO sitting in my email , The officer really helps us in obtaining a positive LMO, LMO is valid for 2yrs.

Erick[/QUOTE]

Great news Erick - PANIC OVER!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.