HRSDC LMO Timeline

Old Aug 13th 2007, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

lawson44 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: HRSDC LMO Timeline

Originally Posted by Sockdogg
I just had a quick read through this thread and only see 1 person applying to NS, anyone else out there going to NS and applied for LMO?

Dal Uni who I hope to work for are going to start the process tomorrow and I was hoping that NS might be faster than some other places as maybe not so many people apply to go there.

The one person on here who did apply to NS got a reply back in just over 4 weeks which will do me nicely.
Hi Sockdogg
Sorry for the delay in replying we have been off line for the last few days. I applied for my LMO in NS late June 07 and received a positive response in just under 5 weeks.
Hope this helps
Old Aug 13th 2007, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

Sockdogg has a brilliant futureSockdogg has a brilliant futureSockdogg has a brilliant futureSockdogg has a brilliant futureSockdogg has a brilliant futureSockdogg has a brilliant future

Thanks for that.

Just need to keep my fingers crossed now
Old Aug 13th 2007, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

lawson44 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sockdogg
Thanks for that.

Just need to keep my fingers crossed now
good luck
Old Aug 14th 2007, 8:40 am
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottandsara
I phoned again about five minutes ago (the suspense is killing me!). Still working on the first week in April ........I'm praying that they're talking about the end of that week now.

I'm starting to think that either they have received a huge load in that week, or lost staff themselves which is leading to this backlog.

It would be nice to hear from anyone who has received an Alberta lmo in the last few weeks so that they can add a timeline.

Week 14 for me.

Scott
What is going on? A glimmer of hope out of the sea of despair (sparky_63)?
Old Aug 14th 2007, 8:46 am
BE Enthusiast

scottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by gryphea
What is going on? A glimmer of hope out of the sea of despair (sparky_63)?
I'm not breaking out the champagne just yet, but it might not be long
Old Aug 14th 2007, 8:50 am
Just Joined

kennyandlinda is an unknown quantity at this point

great news from ( sparky ) ! this give us another glimmer of hope because this waiting is doing our head in.
just hope my employer has not made any mistakes on the form
Old Aug 14th 2007, 8:53 am
BE Enthusiast

scottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by kennyandlinda
great news from ( sparky ) ! this give us another glimmer of hope because this waiting is doing our head in.
just hope my employer has not made any mistakes on the form
The only bit of advice I can give is to try and come to terms with a 20 week wait - the only thing that has been worse than the waiting is the constant delay of 2 weeks here, 2 weeks there! I think it would've been an easier wait if we were expecting it to take this long!

Scott
Old Aug 14th 2007, 9:00 am
Just Joined

we were told 12weeks at start, but after finding you guys and gals we have had plan for 20weeks
having to give up our rented flat on thursday as landlord not been paying the mortgage. so having to move in with my mum, put our furniture in storage got it free for 3 months then moving it to edmonton.
just hoping its not longer as we have put everything into this
Old Aug 14th 2007, 9:29 am
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute

The only bit of advice I can give is to try and come to terms with a 20 week wait - the only thing that has been worse than the waiting is the constant delay of 2 weeks here, 2 weeks there! I think it would've been an easier wait if we were expecting it to take this long!

Scott
I agree - the best thing we did was to get back to HDSRC and get realisitc timescale rather than call back in 3 weeks syndrome
Old Aug 14th 2007, 9:37 am

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point

I cant believe after all the weeks I have followed this thread and all the loooooong waits that we finally get to put our timeline on.

1) Provincial office where applied:Regina, Saskatchewan
2) Date when application was POSTED:Wednesday 8th August 2007
3) Date when they recieved the application:Thursday 9th August 2007
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them?No
5) Date when decision made or recieved?
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted?
Old Aug 15th 2007, 6:40 am
Just Joined

Does anyone know the LM0 processing times for BC.
Old Aug 15th 2007, 7:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kennyandlinda
Does anyone know the LM0 processing times for BC.
I think it's about 8-12 weeks, but don't quote me on that
Old Aug 15th 2007, 8:17 am
Just Joined

I think it's about 8-12 weeks, but don't quote me on that
we thought it would be bit quicker than that... just been offered a job in BC
think we will just wait it out for alberta
Old Aug 15th 2007, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

newfiegurl is on a distinguished road

1) Provincial office where applied: Alberta
2) Date when application was POSTED: August 8, 2007
3) Date when they recieved the application: ?
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them? Not sure
5) Date when decision made or recieved? don't know
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted? Outside

Applied for LMO for occupation under pressure in Alberta, Canada. Called foreign worker's hotline on Monday and they said it will take at least 17-20 weeks for LMO to be processed. Anyone know anything about this? Why so long?
Old Aug 15th 2007, 1:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by newfiegurl
1) Provincial office where applied: Alberta
2) Date when application was POSTED: August 8, 2007
3) Date when they recieved the application: ?
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them? Not sure
5) Date when decision made or recieved? don't know
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted? Outside

Applied for LMO for occupation under pressure in Alberta, Canada. Called foreign worker's hotline on Monday and they said it will take at least 17-20 weeks for LMO to be processed. Anyone know anything about this? Why so long?
They are right- if you trawl through the thread for just a couple of pages you can see. Excessive demand and understaffed. We have been waiting 16 weeks

Gryph

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.