HRSDC LMO Timeline

Old Feb 20th 2008, 5:59 pm
Tootsie BattyFace

Littletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: HRSDC LMO Timeline

Originally Posted by Victor J Munoz
Hi there,
Does anyone know what month are attending at this right moment in BC Service Canada Office with the LMO? My prospective employer applied for an LMO on my behalf on August, 20th last year and we did'nt hear a thing from them yet!!
Thanks for your comments and best of the luck for you all with yours.
Hi Victor,

About 5 pages back on this thread there is a posting by Isidorefilmes giving a link with contact numbers you might find helpful, we called the one for Alberta but it only gives a recorded message with the month they are doing at the moment...still the number for B C might be more helpful for you.
Its a long time coming but it should be worth it in the end, just have faith and lots and lots of time!
Good luck
Old Feb 20th 2008, 6:24 pm
Just Joined

Victor J Munoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Littletashy, I'll take a look on the posting by Isidorefilms and will call for sure to that number in BC.
Have a Good one.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 6:26 pm
Tootsie BattyFace

Littletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to behold

Its on page 60 about half way down....
Old Feb 21st 2008, 1:27 am
Just Joined

Victor J Munoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Again. I just got the number and will call tomorrow morning.
Old Feb 21st 2008, 10:30 am
Truro NS

wbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond repute

Received my positive LMO today.

1) Provincial office where applied: Nova Scotia
2) Date when application was hand delivered: 7 February 2008
3) Date when they recieved the application: 7 February 2008
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them? No
5) Date when decision made or recieved? 20 February 2008
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted? Outside

WP next. Fingers crossed.

Edit - more background:
Came across the job on recce#1 Oct 01 2007.
Applied for job as readvertised to HRSDC spec Oct 17 2007.
Interviewed for said job on recce#2 Dec 01 2007
Employer decided to hire me Jan 23 2008
Sent forms etc to employer Feb 01 2008
Employer submitted pack to HRSDC as above - Feb 07 2008

Wheels have spun quite slowly from my perspective but that's the way of things. More proof that it all happens in its own sweet time. Best not to get stressed about it. Easy for me to say, yes. Good luck everyone.

Last edited by wbexpat; Feb 21st 2008 at 10:34 am.
Old Feb 21st 2008, 12:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wbexpat
Received my positive LMO today.

1) Provincial office where applied: Nova Scotia
2) Date when application was hand delivered: 7 February 2008
3) Date when they recieved the application: 7 February 2008
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them? No
5) Date when decision made or recieved? 20 February 2008
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted? Outside

WP next. Fingers crossed.

Edit - more background:
Came across the job on recce#1 Oct 01 2007.
Applied for job as readvertised to HRSDC spec Oct 17 2007.
Interviewed for said job on recce#2 Dec 01 2007
Employer decided to hire me Jan 23 2008
Sent forms etc to employer Feb 01 2008
Employer submitted pack to HRSDC as above - Feb 07 2008

Wheels have spun quite slowly from my perspective but that's the way of things. More proof that it all happens in its own sweet time. Best not to get stressed about it. Easy for me to say, yes. Good luck everyone.
fantastic news,
bet your up on cloud nine, thats a very quick turn around feb 07 ?
you said wheels have spun quite slowly

have you any indication of how long for WP ?
Old Feb 21st 2008, 3:08 pm
Truro NS

wbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
fantastic news,
bet your up on cloud nine, thats a very quick turn around feb 07 ?
you said wheels have spun quite slowly

have you any indication of how long for WP ?

Yes. I'm fairly pleased.

To be fair "wheels quite slowly" was a reference to the employer not NS authorities. Although they had to readvertise etc to be "LMO-ready" and generally "prove" they could find no-one. This is what has taken the time. Like I said, it was slow from my perspective but then I tend to be impatient with red tape.

I need to speak to employer re WP. It might be best to get it a PoE. I am hearing 4 weeks from London but I would rather be over there and cracking on. Also dates and family arrangements will intervene. We shall see.
Old Feb 21st 2008, 5:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

walkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to behold

telephone interview and job offer - 6th feb 08

email to employer chasing up LMO- 20th feb 08

email from employer advising LMO expected in the next week 21st feb 08

yes we are all a slave to the system and all we want to do is GOOOOOO

job -registered nurse, where - Kingston ontario, applying - outside of Canada
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 8:28 am
Just Joined

miyuflow will become famous soon enough

Sorry for my late reply. I've been really busy. Thank you for your kind words. I came back to Tokyo a few days ago. The rejection made me cry but then my boyfriend proposed to me right after the result. We are getting married in July in Canada and I'm going back to Canada as an immigrant next year. I got a job for a large European financial company in Tokyo so will work there for a year. So...it seems like the LMO result turned good in my case...

Originally Posted by Shinkansen
I feel for you Miyuflow... that's a ridiculous amount of time to wait, especially being inside Canada with no right to work, no health insurance and/or benefits.

Keep fighting the good fight as I'm sure you and your boyfriend will be together in the future soon. Just focus on that light at the end of the tunnel! It's exactly what I'm doing!

Shinkansen
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 8:31 am
Just Joined

Sorry I couldn't reply sooner. No, they didn't give us any reasons. I'll return to Canada next year as an immigrant...and the company still says "keep in touch"...don't know if I want to work for the company yet but it's nice that they say that.

Originally Posted by McBob
That's really terrible. Did they give any reasons?
I don't know what I would have done if they'd rejected mine after making me wait 7 months.
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 8:38 am
Just Joined

I was too tired to appeal...I had not been able to work for 4 months without any health care already, and I'd rather want to come back to Japan and work as I used a lot of money while waiting for the result. Waiting is really hard. We didn't use a lawyer and it was the first case for my company to apply for the LMO. They even asked the PM but it failed. Thank you for your consideration and hope people who are waiting for LMO will have great news soon.

[QUOTE=bonnielass;5744913]
Originally Posted by miyuflow
Well, I got my LMO result through my company. It was rejected. After taking 8 months, they rejected my LMO! Couldn't they just do something before my work permit expired on October 8? It made me cry thinking I waited for 3 months unemployed and without benefit for nothing. I'm really disappointed...

Hey that's awful. Are you sure you can't appeal? I wonder with the situation as it is in Alberta and BC that perhaps they made a mistake? It would be worth pursuing. There was a case on here a while back when HRSDC made an error and issued a rejection which was since overturned - it might have been Pete 66. Did your immigration lawyer have any concerns or warn you that you might have a hard time when it was submitted?
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 12:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

walkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by walkerv05
telephone interview and job offer - 6th feb 08

email to employer chasing up LMO- 20th feb 08

email from employer advising LMO expected in the next week 21st feb 08

yes we are all a slave to the system and all we want to do is GOOOOOO

job -registered nurse, where - Kingston ontario, applying - outside of Canada
have had an email from the hospital stating that they are expecting it sometime in the next week!!
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 12:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by miyuflow
Sorry for my late reply. I've been really busy. Thank you for your kind words. I came back to Tokyo a few days ago. The rejection made me cry but then my boyfriend proposed to me right after the result. We are getting married in July in Canada and I'm going back to Canada as an immigrant next year. I got a job for a large European financial company in Tokyo so will work there for a year. So...it seems like the LMO result turned good in my case...
Congratulations wow a wedding in Canada how lovely, July it will be l;ovely,
sorry things didn't work out with your LMO,

funny how things work out but im sure it will all be fine in the long run,

keep positive and wish you well keep us up to date when you can
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 12:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by walkerv05
have had an email from the hospital stating that they are expecting it sometime in the next week!!
Fingers crossed for you ( wheres the fingers crossed icon )
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 1:22 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
Congratulations wow a wedding in Canada how lovely, July it will be l;ovely,
sorry things didn't work out with your LMO,

funny how things work out but im sure it will all be fine in the long run,

keep positive and wish you well keep us up to date when you can
Thank you. My fiance and I have to live apart for a year (except our wedding in Canada and party in Japan), but we think positively and do what we can. I can't wait for the wedding in July

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.