HRSDC LMO Timeline

Old Feb 24th 2008, 8:33 am
Just Joined

tamlin_al is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: HRSDC LMO Timeline

I gotta hand it to these LMO processing guys for taking "waiting forever" to the next level. I'm from BC and am still waiting for that LMO result,anybody here knows whats currently on their processing agenda..
Total months of waiting = 5 months
Noted approximate processing time = 20 to 22 weeks (as per received fax document)
How much this waiting is costing me,so far= Pricey
Old Feb 24th 2008, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

Shinkansen is just really niceShinkansen is just really niceShinkansen is just really niceShinkansen is just really niceShinkansen is just really niceShinkansen is just really niceShinkansen is just really niceShinkansen is just really niceShinkansen is just really niceShinkansen is just really niceShinkansen is just really nice

Yeah I know what you're saying. Been over 4 months now and not even a word (apparently) from my employer or HRSDC. Starting to get a little nervous now. I don't even trust that my employer did everything correctly... I didn't sign anything whatsoever and I'm strictly speaking applying for a skill level 'C' position. Hmmmmm.....
Old Feb 24th 2008, 2:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shinkansen
Yeah I know what you're saying. Been over 4 months now and not even a word (apparently) from my employer or HRSDC. Starting to get a little nervous now. I don't even trust that my employer did everything correctly... I didn't sign anything whatsoever and I'm strictly speaking applying for a skill level 'C' position. Hmmmmm.....
haven't seen many on here or many PRs for that matter, are they all on holiday
Old Feb 24th 2008, 2:50 pm
Tootsie BattyFace

Littletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to behold

25 weeks and waiting.....still....for Alberta they're still processing August! It must have been a busy month for those of us wishing to leave home!
Old Feb 24th 2008, 3:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

YYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottandsara
Ditto.
Sorry for the late reaction to this.

Really am sorry that your employer got cold feet after all this waiting. Fingers crossed you get another offer soon and can apply through e-lmo instead.
Old Feb 25th 2008, 3:09 pm
Just Joined

gedance is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm getting too much stress waiting for the Positive LMO...

1) Provincial office where applied: Alberta
2) Date when application was POSTED: Dec 21, 2007
3) Date when they received the application: don't know
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them? Feb 5, 2008 : I was informed that HRSDC mailed the LMO!!
5) Date when decision made or received? not received yet
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted? inside

Ah,,,,,,
It's so sad that I can't do anything with this,,,,,
Old Feb 25th 2008, 5:26 pm
Tootsie BattyFace

Littletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by gedance
I'm getting too much stress waiting for the Positive LMO...

1) Provincial office where applied: Alberta
2) Date when application was POSTED: Dec 21, 2007
3) Date when they received the application: don't know
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them? Feb 5, 2008 : I was informed that HRSDC mailed the LMO!!
5) Date when decision made or received? not received yet
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted? inside

Ah,,,,,,
It's so sad that I can't do anything with this,,,,,
Where did they mail it to?

Hope they E.mail out ours, or we'll never get it through....the Royal mail here is rubbish *tee hee*

2 months is a very quick result!

we're not stressed....... more a state of complete panic.
Old Feb 25th 2008, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

scotcal00 has a spectacular aura aboutscotcal00 has a spectacular aura aboutscotcal00 has a spectacular aura about
Wink Re: HRSDC LMO Timeline

im really stressed now and panicking as our LMO went off in September ,
Old Feb 25th 2008, 7:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gedance

You have to remember though that you personally do not apply for the LMO so HRDSC will send the LMO to the employer and then it is the employer who will forward it on to you.

Good Luck

Gaynor
Old Feb 25th 2008, 7:04 pm
Just Joined

gedance is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Littletashy
Where did they mail it to?

Hope they E.mail out ours, or we'll never get it through....the Royal mail here is rubbish *tee hee*

2 months is a very quick result!

we're not stressed....... more a state of complete panic.

they mailed it to the company,,

Good luck to us!!
Old Feb 25th 2008, 7:04 pm
Tootsie BattyFace

Originally Posted by scotcal00
im really stressed now and panicking as our LMO went off in September ,
Hi, we're really freaking out cos there seems to be no movement at all and others who posted there time lines havn't come back with a yes or no to there LMO's...panic, panic.

at least you've sold your house!! panic, panic, panic aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrgh!
Old Feb 25th 2008, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

DannyCane has a brilliant futureDannyCane has a brilliant futureDannyCane has a brilliant futureDannyCane has a brilliant futureDannyCane has a brilliant futureDannyCane has a brilliant futureDannyCane has a brilliant future

Our LMO was applied for in December last year, and as we hadn't heard a thing I contacted the company who offered my husband the job. This all happened before I realized how long people have to wait to get an LMO.

Anyway, at first it looked like they'd lost the original application, and sent a new one to the prospective employer. It turns out they hadn't lost it, but were waiting for some info showing the employer's attempts to hire a Permanent Canadian Resident to be more substantial - that doesn't sound good to me.

They also asked for some more info on my husband. Silly things like D.o.B, and full given and family name. I thought they had all that already?

Anyway, apparently they 'promised' to 'track the application with care'. Whatever that means.

Fingers crossed.
Old Feb 25th 2008, 7:31 pm
Tootsie BattyFace

Originally Posted by DannyCane
Our LMO was applied for in December last year, and as we hadn't heard a thing I contacted the company who offered my husband the job. This all happened before I realized how long people have to wait to get an LMO.

Anyway, at first it looked like they'd lost the original application, and sent a new one to the prospective employer. It turns out they hadn't lost it, but were waiting for some info showing the employer's attempts to hire a Permanent Canadian Resident to be more substantial - that doesn't sound good to me.

They also asked for some more info on my husband. Silly things like D.o.B, and full given and family name. I thought they had all that already?

Anyway, apparently they 'promised' to 'track the application with care'. Whatever that means.

Fingers crossed.
At least you know they were looking at it...for whatever reason, that has to be good news...we've had no such luck in finding out where we are with it all, our new employer hasnt had any contact with the LMO office as far as we know. she tried to phone them and just got an automated message!
Old Feb 25th 2008, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

DannyCane has a brilliant futureDannyCane has a brilliant futureDannyCane has a brilliant futureDannyCane has a brilliant futureDannyCane has a brilliant futureDannyCane has a brilliant futureDannyCane has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Littletashy
At least you know they were looking at it...for whatever reason, that has to be good news...we've had no such luck in finding out where we are with it all, our new employer hasnt had any contact with the LMO office as far as we know. she tried to phone them and just got an automated message!
I guess we should be happy that they've looked at it, but it's still frustrating that they didn't even seem to have the most basic details (name, d.o.b.). I mean, how would they have ever been able to decide whether to give a person an LMO if they didn't even know who it was for? Very confusing.
And still not idea of how long this is going to take.
Old Feb 25th 2008, 8:49 pm
Tootsie BattyFace

Originally Posted by DannyCane
I guess we should be happy that they've looked at it, but it's still frustrating that they didn't even seem to have the most basic details (name, d.o.b.). I mean, how would they have ever been able to decide whether to give a person an LMO if they didn't even know who it was for? Very confusing.
And still not idea of how long this is going to take.

Some companies get more open LMO's for lots of overseas staff or incase they may want to employ from overseas at some point! wich could explain there lack of knowledge about you....however an LMO is only to say whether the company can employ from overseas not who they can employ (although it helps)

The person who sent of our LMO first sent it to us, so we could fill in all those fine details.

The whole process is very confusing and quite often conflicting...if you are unsure, check and recheck and then ask...alot.

As for a time line who knows, were just hoping and hanging on and watching as those in more noble professions (nurses.....i knew i should've become one) leap ahead of us..... our time will come

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.