HRSDC LMO Timeline

Old Jul 23rd 2007, 11:58 pm
Just Joined

cousinette is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: HRSDC LMO Timeline

Hi everyone
Just to let you know that it has been 16 weeks since my LMO was sent to Service Canada Edmonton.
I am tired of waiting
I will let you updated once I receive any news. Hopefully good ones
Take care

Coco
Old Jul 24th 2007, 8:14 am
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cousinette
Hi everyone
Just to let you know that it has been 16 weeks since my LMO was sent to Service Canada Edmonton.
I am tired of waiting
I will let you updated once I receive any news. Hopefully good ones
Take care

Coco

OMG

16 weeks is not good news at all- that would really scupper us as we have plans for tenants to move in. EEK

Have you been I contact with them at all?
Old Jul 24th 2007, 8:19 am
Just Joined

cousinette is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes,
Two weeks ago
and they told me that they were still processing the applications received late march
Good Luck !!
Coco
Old Jul 24th 2007, 8:26 am
BE Enthusiast

scottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant future

Yes,
Two weeks ago
and they told me that they were still processing the applications received late march
Good Luck !!
Coco
Were you able to contact them directly, or did you have to do it via your employer?
Old Jul 24th 2007, 8:38 am
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute

Yes,
Two weeks ago
Good Luck !!
Coco

Didn't you apply late march?

We applied late April and have been waiting for 12 weeks- so if you have been waiting 16 weeks surely you applied late march?
Old Jul 24th 2007, 8:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by scottandsara
Were you able to contact them directly, or did you have to do it via your employer?

Scott

Think there's nothing for it but its now your employers turn to phone up!!?!!

Gryph
Old Jul 24th 2007, 8:44 am
BE Enthusiast

scottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by gryphea
Scott

Think there's nothing for it but its now your employers turn to phone up!!?!!

Gryph
I guess so!
Old Jul 24th 2007, 6:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

More bad news - I phoned the Edmonton HRSDC office to ask about the waiting time first hand. The current waiting time is 16 weeks, but they're hoping for it to go down.

It's also a strict queing system - I was kinda hoping they would take a bribe
Old Jul 24th 2007, 6:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

More bad news - I phoned the Edmonton HRSDC office to ask about the waiting time first hand. The current waiting time is 16 weeks, but they're hoping for it to go down.

It's also a strict queing system - I was kinda hoping they would take a bribe
Well,

well done for taking some initiative- you would have thought they would bounce you up the queue for that and bad news about the 16 week wait. We have tenants lined up and thats a bit embaressing really as we will have to not sign. EEK

Gryph
Old Jul 25th 2007, 8:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Well,

well done for taking some initiative- you would have thought they would bounce you up the queue for that and bad news about the 16 week wait. We have tenants lined up and thats a bit embaressing really as we will have to not sign. EEK

Gryph
Thanks - I guess there's nothing else to do but sit & wait. Do you think your tenants will accept the delay or find somewhere else?

Scott
Old Jul 25th 2007, 8:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks - I guess there's nothing else to do but sit & wait. Do you think your tenants will accept the delay or find somewhere else?

Scott
I have no idea- we have already delayed them once!!

I hate this wait- we wanted to be out there for the schools- which didn't seem such a tall order once!
Old Jul 25th 2007, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

I hate this wait- we wanted to be out there for the schools- which didn't seem such a tall order once!
I know exactly how you feel - we were hoping to be out by our anniversary (2nd Sept) when we first applied, but that seems virtualy impossible now.
Old Jul 25th 2007, 8:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Solarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to behold

I know my situation is different, but I received Letters of Authorization for our work/study permits last week and the application went in on 30th May. This was for an intra-company transfer which surely should be the fastest possible thing to process and yet it still took 7 weeks! We had already booked our flights for 1st August because our immigration lawyers said that 3/4 weeks was the longest they had ever come across. We were getting a little anxious but everything should now be fine to get the permits at POE.
Old Jul 25th 2007, 8:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Solarfish
I know my situation is different, but I received Letters of Authorization for our work/study permits last week and the application went in on 30th May. This was for an intra-company transfer which surely should be the fastest possible thing to process and yet it still took 7 weeks! We had already booked our flights for 1st August because our immigration lawyers said that 3/4 weeks was the longest they had ever come across. We were getting a little anxious but everything should now be fine to get the permits at POE.

Hi Solarfish

I didn't think transfers needed LMOs! Its all so complex..........

Good luck for 1st August!
Old Jul 25th 2007, 8:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Solarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to behold

Hi Solarfish

I didn't think transfers needed LMOs! Its all so complex..........

Good luck for 1st August!

Hi Gryphea

Sorry for the confusion, you are correct I did not need an LMO, my point was that even just trying to get a work permit through a transfer still took 7 weeks and the lawyers said that previous transfers had never taken more than 3 or 4 weeks. So it is a further indication (as if you needed one!) of how slow things are going in London at the moment.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.