HRSDC LMO Timeline

Old Aug 22nd 2007, 9:15 am
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HRSDC LMO Timeline

Originally Posted by gryphea
I agree with number 4 - I think they have some deals about medical professions
PS I think 1 is most likely
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 6:47 pm
Just Joined

yGruber is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you still in BC?

Wherever you are , once you have an LMO you need a WP. You can obtain that at port of entry or through London beforehand. If you do it beforehand there is a queue, but you can run that queue concurrently with the LMO queue
No I am back to France.

My employer called BC HRSDC today. They are processing LMO from the beginning of August so they haven't started mine yet.
As soon as I get a tracking number, I will send my Work Permit forms to the Canadian Ambassy in Paris.

Tic Tac Tic Tac...
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 12:24 am
Forum Regular

newfiegurl is on a distinguished road

I've heard that the employer applying for the LMO has to pay for the return ticket of the employee...is this true?
Also, the employer is now saying she expects the LMO to be done by Sept 14 at the latest! How is this possible? That would be just over a month, which seems too good to be true!
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 6:00 am
BE Enthusiast

scottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by newfiegurl
Also, the employer is now saying she expects the LMO to be done by Sept 14 at the latest! How is this possible? That would be just over a month, which seems too good to be true!
See post #298/299
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

OK. I think no way your employer can circumvent the queue so it means one of a few things:

1. your employer is misguided and this is what your employer expects without having been in touch with HDSRC
2. your employer has applied for pre approved LMOs already and this is when they will come through
3. HDSRC have recruited loads and are now steaming through applications

I think 3 is possibly unlikely as we applied 27th april for an ocupation under pressure and have no news.

Gryph
Hi again...I'm thinking that option #2 is likely but who knows. The organization is fairly large and do have a pretty high demand for employees.
I've heard that the employer has to pay for the return ticket? Any ideas?
Also, anyone know current processing times for work visa for an Irish citizen?
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 1:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=newfiegurl;5225783]Hi again...I'm thinking that option #2 is likely but who knows. QUOTE]

Your employer maybe?

The plane ticket business is only for certain skill types I think (low skilled jobs)

As for the WP waiting time, I have no idea.
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=scottandsara;5225846]
Originally Posted by newfiegurl
Hi again...I'm thinking that option #2 is likely but who knows. QUOTE]

Your employer maybe?

The plane ticket business is only for certain skill types I think (low skilled jobs)

As for the WP waiting time, I have no idea.
Is 'Proof of Funds' required if you have a job offer, when you apply for the work permit?
Old Aug 24th 2007, 6:33 am
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=newfiegurl;5227148]
Originally Posted by scottandsara
Is 'Proof of Funds' required if you have a job offer, when you apply for the work permit?
No.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 8:54 am
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute

Just a note to say 17 weeks today (alberta)..........
Old Aug 24th 2007, 8:59 am
BE Enthusiast

16 weeks on Tuesday for me.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 10:01 am

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scottandsara
16 weeks on Tuesday for me.
I feel for you guys...I really do. My OH was two weeks yesterday (Saskatchewan).
Old Aug 24th 2007, 9:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

RodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of light

Here we go after too many stop/starts LMO is in process

1) Provincial office where applied: Nova Scotia
2) Date when application was POSTED: August 22nd 2007
3) Date when they recieved the application: Not sure (poss same day online application)
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them? none so far
5) Date when decision made or recieved?
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted? Outside

Our Immigration Consultant has advised us we should recieve positive LMO in 3 weeks

Rosie
Old Aug 25th 2007, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

Sockdogg has a brilliant futureSockdogg has a brilliant futureSockdogg has a brilliant futureSockdogg has a brilliant futureSockdogg has a brilliant futureSockdogg has a brilliant future

hope your quote of 3 weeks is accurate as our LMO is going into NS hopefully next week.

Hoping to get our concurrent work permit application in as soon as I get a copy of the LMO from the employer. Anyone know if it can be faxed over rather than wait for the post?

cheers
Old Aug 25th 2007, 2:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

boxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond repute

LMO submitted yesterday by Calgary Health, have been told will have positive LMO by start of Sept.

According to HR they complained when they were having to wait 2-3 weeks, the last few LMO requests they have submitted have been approved within 3-5days.

I asked her about this and mentioned that there are people posting here that are waiting 20 weeks, she said it's because there is a huge shortage of nurses, which is impacting on care delivery. I will keep you updated

Sharon
Old Aug 25th 2007, 2:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by boxerdog03
LMO submitted yesterday by Calgary Health, have been told will have positive LMO by start of Sept.

According to HR they complained when they were having to wait 2-3 weeks, the last few LMO requests they have submitted have been approved within 3-5days.

I asked her about this and mentioned that there are people posting here that are waiting 20 weeks, she said it's because there is a huge shortage of nurses, which is impacting on care delivery. I will keep you updated

Sharon
Intersting news for you Sharon - hoping it's done soonest for you.

At this rate it might actually be quicker to train as a nurse and apply than for the rest of us to wait for an LMO.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.