HRSDC LMO Timeline

Old Sep 10th 2007, 12:50 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HRSDC LMO Timeline

Well here's our Alberta LMO timeline.

Company applied for HRSDC May 2007
Recieved approval in priciple to hire foriegn workers June 2007
Applied for LMO July 2007
Had communication to request proof needed that o/h can sit his truck and transport exam July 2007
Comapny called LMO people and they said once approval for exam given they will issue the file number straight away by fax / email
We are expecting approval for exam this week - so if LMO peeps do what they say should have it by the very latest next week.

So without the hiccup it would only have been about 4 weeks we had to wait which seems mighty quick for Alberta bearing in mind the other experiences on here.
Old Sep 10th 2007, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

Judeandandy has a brilliant futureJudeandandy has a brilliant futureJudeandandy has a brilliant futureJudeandandy has a brilliant futureJudeandandy has a brilliant futureJudeandandy has a brilliant futureJudeandandy has a brilliant future

Hi Scott
That sounds like a bit of a squash! But the good thing for you is, like you said, you will have got all the loose ends tied up. When we eventually get the LMO we will be running around like mad trying to cancel everything... and we will still have to get the house rented out!

Moochops, that is pretty quick, I hope it works out! We are on week 19 for Alberta but from this thread it seems that some people are getting through a lot faster? Where did we go wrong?!!

I am setting my hopes on being there for November... settled in for a lovely white Christmas!
Old Sep 11th 2007, 6:40 am
BE Enthusiast

scottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Judeandandy
Hi Scott
That sounds like a bit of a squash! But the good thing for you is, like you said, you will have got all the loose ends tied up. When we eventually get the LMO we will be running around like mad trying to cancel everything... and we will still have to get the house rented out!

Moochops, that is pretty quick, I hope it works out! We are on week 19 for Alberta but from this thread it seems that some people are getting through a lot faster? Where did we go wrong?!!

I am setting my hopes on being there for November... settled in for a lovely white Christmas!
I had some news last night - apparently the wait is 20-21 weeks & the HRSDC edmonton office is "hiring more staff all of the time", so the wait should go down.

Not great news I guess, but it could have been a lot worse!
Old Sep 11th 2007, 9:04 am
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottandsara
I had some news last night - apparently the wait is 20-21 weeks & the HRSDC edmonton office is "hiring more staff all of the time", so the wait should go down.

Not great news I guess, but it could have been a lot worse!

Thanks scott. The wait goes on and on and on. What's the betting 20-21 weeks grows somewhat?
Old Sep 11th 2007, 9:29 am
BE Enthusiast

scottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by gryphea
Thanks scott. The wait goes on and on and on. What's the betting 20-21 weeks grows somewhat?
I'm hoping not. The HRSDC lady sounded optimistic due to the indreased staff levels & "organisational changes", but obviously couldn't guarantee anything.

I think it may be a case of too little, too late - but at least this should stop the wait from increasing
Old Sep 11th 2007, 9:35 am
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute

I'm hoping not. The HRSDC lady sounded optimistic due to the indreased staff levels & "organisational changes", but obviously couldn't guarantee anything.

I think it may be a case of too little, too late - but at least this should stop the wait from increasing
Our latest issue is that based on being told 20 weeks max 5 weeks ago we told our tenants last week they could move in 27th october. My OH has yet to hand his notice in. They have handed their notice in and will be homeless as of 27th october. We haven't signed a tenancy agreement yet and won't until they get back from holiday around the 24th spetmebr. We need to have heard by then as we can't sign it without our LMO, as we have a child in a local school. If we don't sign we will lose them and the agency will be well p***ed off with us...........

I am really hoping that now the schools have gone back that staffing drops over the summer will have improved
Gryph
Old Sep 11th 2007, 9:36 am
BE Forum Addict

PS

we are 20 weeks on thursday
Old Sep 11th 2007, 9:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Our latest issue is that based on being told 20 weeks max 5 weeks ago we told our tenants last week they could move in 27th october. My OH has yet to hand his notice in. They have handed their notice in and will be homeless as of 27th october. We haven't signed a tenancy agreement yet and won't until they get back from holiday around the 24th spetmebr. We need to have heard by then as we can't sign it without our LMO, as we have a child in a local school. If we don't sign we will lose them and the agency will be well p***ed off with us...........

I am really hoping that now the schools have gone back that staffing drops over the summer will have improved
Gryph
How much notice does your OH have to work?
Old Sep 11th 2007, 10:12 am
BE Forum Addict

How much notice does your OH have to work?

Not sure.......................offically 3 months, most most likely, given recent precedents set 1 month
Old Sep 11th 2007, 10:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Not sure.......................offically 3 months, most most likely, given recent precedents set 1 month
oh. Not good news if they hold him to the 3 months....fingers crossed for you.

I told my employer a few weeks back, and they have said I can reduce my four weeks to one week notice due to the circumstances.....hopefully they wont change their minds!

I guess that means if the 20-21 weeks is correct you will be OK for Oct 27th (with a couple of weeks spare)
Old Sep 11th 2007, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

peachgary is an unknown quantity at this point

I told my employer a few weeks back, and they have said I can reduce my four weeks to one week notice due to the circumstances.....hopefully they wont change their minds!

I guess that means if the 20-21 weeks is correct you will be OK for Oct 27th (with a couple of weeks spare)
Scott this is when I'm looking to go what air port are you looking at because
I'm going from Manchester with flyglobespam and you can get a one way for £150 cattle class and economy prem for £200 on the 27th Oct
or you can go from Gatwick for £200 economy prem on the 28th

yep I'm a tight ass
Old Sep 11th 2007, 11:48 am
BE Forum Addict

great news about your notice period

We will be OK timewise if LMO arrives within two weeks. If not its tricky!
Old Sep 11th 2007, 11:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Judeandandy
Hi Scott

So you still haven't heard back after the inital query?
Old Sep 11th 2007, 12:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by peachgary
Scott this is when I'm looking to go what air port are you looking at because
I'm going from Manchester with flyglobespam and you can get a one way for £150 cattle class and economy prem for £200 on the 27th Oct
or you can go from Gatwick for £200 economy prem on the 28th

yep I'm a tight ass
I'm hoping to go sooner than that - all being well I should be going 9-16 October(ish). This depends on when I get my lmo.

I will probably fly with zoom from Gatwick -> Edmonton....I don't think globespan fly to Edmonton?

Anyway, I'm looking for as soon as possible & as cheap as possible
Old Sep 11th 2007, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

grthespark is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by lee58uk
alberta , for a electrician, it took 6 days boss fax application, then emailed me positive LMO with job offer.

now CIC will take cheque out of application race it down to bank, and use my application for a coaster for 8 weeks call me a cynic
Hello Lee,

I too have had a job offer as an Electrician in the last 3 week's. The company have filed for an LMO, but heard nothing yet. They too have been down this road before many times, so I'm wondering-"How come?"

Just out of interest, have you completed your Red Seal yet?

Cheers

Gary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.