HRSDC LMO Timeline

Old Sep 4th 2007, 12:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant future
Default Re: HRSDC LMO Timeline

Originally Posted by peachgary
I'm not sure Scott he said he got a phone call about the situation and that
he resolved it
Oh well......looks like HRSDC have reverted back to the "lottery" technique
Old Sep 4th 2007, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

grthespark is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by gleech
Hi for the benefit of those applying and will apply for LMO, these do post your LMO timeline. My LMO is still in process in Alberta. Please follow the format or if you have someting to add, please do so and repost the format.

PLEASE DO POST EVEN IF YOU HAVE APPLIED AND WERE SUCCESSFUL OR GOT REJECTED please it will help others:

1) Provincial office where applied:
2) Date when application was POSTED:
3) Date when they recieved the application:
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them?
5) Date when decision made or recieved?
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted?

thanks
Erick
Hi Erick,

I'm so glad you created this thread. I'm sorry I have no input at the moment, but I have just returned from Calgary where I had a job offer.

They have filed an LMO this week so just waiting to hear really.. I'll update as soon as I hear.

Thanks all for the info.

Gary
Old Sep 5th 2007, 12:15 am
Forum Regular

gleech has a spectacular aura aboutgleech has a spectacular aura aboutgleech has a spectacular aura about

Hi Gary,

Another LMO from Alberta, Anyway, post your timeline as soon as possible, so we could track how SLOW Service Canada is processing at the moment.

Erick
Old Sep 5th 2007, 7:25 am
Forum Regular

peachgary is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gleech
Hi Gary,

Another LMO from Alberta, Anyway, post your timeline as soon as possible, so we could track how SLOW Service Canada is processing at the moment.

Erick
1) Provincial office where applied: Alberta
2) Date when application was POSTED: 06/06/07
3) Date when they recieved the application:07/06/07
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them?
5) Date when decision made or recieved? 01/09/07
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted? outside
Old Sep 5th 2007, 8:11 am
BE Enthusiast

scottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant future

1) Provincial office where applied: Alberta
2) Date when application was POSTED: 06/06/07
3) Date when they recieved the application:07/06/07
5) Date when decision made or recieved? 01/09/07
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted? outside
I just can't understand why yours was processed so quickly - are you sure your employer didn't submit a bribe with the application? maybe he had indecent photo's of an HRSDC employee? Could he be a local crime boss?
Old Sep 5th 2007, 9:08 am
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottandsara
I just can't understand why yours was processed so quickly - are you sure your employer didn't submit a bribe with the application? maybe he had indecent photo's of an HRSDC employee? Could he be a local crime boss?

I can't understand either- unless these were partly pre-approved. Are you a health person or a trucker? Its so odd because both us and scottandsara are in occupations under pressure, so I don't see how someone can jump the queue!

Gryph
Old Sep 5th 2007, 9:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gryphea
I can't understand either- unless these were partly pre-approved. Are you a health person or a trucker? Its so odd because both us and scottandsara are in occupations under pressure, so I don't see how someone can jump the queue!

Gryph
It's irritating to say the least:curse:

You're heading into week 19 soon aren't you gryph?

Scott
Old Sep 5th 2007, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gryphea

Gryph
I am sorry to here about your time line guys.

As for how or why I'm not 100% sure, maybe its because i would have
liked more time to sort things out over here with the sale of my house hehe "nothing ever goes the way we plan"

But i guess i will have to get cracking with my WP app, i still have along way to go...........
Old Sep 5th 2007, 2:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

I am sorry to here about your time line guys.

As for how or why I'm not 100% sure, maybe its because i would have
liked more time to sort things out over here with the sale of my house hehe "nothing ever goes the way we plan"

But i guess i will have to get cracking with my WP app, i still have along way to go...........
Oh well, I've learnt to live with it now.

The ill feeling isn't directed to you personally, it's just how every now and then (in fact quite often) the odd application seems to get accelerated through. It always tends to be with people who could do with more time in the UK as well - I'm in a position to be arriving within 2 weeks of getting my lmo, but it looks like I will have to wait out the 19+ weeks like most do.

Scott
Old Sep 5th 2007, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

Oh well, I've learnt to live with it now.

The ill feeling isn't directed to you personally, it's just how every now and then (in fact quite often) the odd application seems to get accelerated through. It always tends to be with people who could do with more time in the UK as well - I'm in a position to be arriving within 2 weeks of getting my lmo, but it looks like I will have to wait out the 19+ weeks like most do.

Scott
well Scott if its any consolation I'm not going until the end of October
as i have my WP to get and then my work my notice at work.........
Old Sep 5th 2007, 3:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

well Scott if its any consolation I'm not going until the end of October
as i have my WP to get and then my work my notice at work.........
You could pick your WP up at POE - that's what I'm planning to do to shave a few weeks off the waiting time
Old Sep 5th 2007, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

You could pick your WP up at POE - that's what I'm planning to do to shave a few weeks off the waiting time
I'm not to keen on that option Scott i have said all along the process with my employer that i would not hand my notice in at work until i have the work permit and he was cool about it.
Plus i want as little hassle as poss at the POE especially after 10 hours on cattle class..............................
Old Sep 6th 2007, 11:11 am
BE Enthusiast

I'm not to keen on that option Scott i have said all along the process with my employer that i would not hand my notice in at work until i have the work permit and he was cool about it.
Plus i want as little hassle as poss at the POE especially after 10 hours on cattle class..............................
I'm taking the gamble.

Poss extra hassle at POE Vs another XX weeks living with mother in law

EDIT:

Also, it's not much of a gamble if you have the correct paperwork

Easy choice

Last edited by scottandsara; Sep 6th 2007 at 11:12 am. Reason: second thought
Old Sep 6th 2007, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

Sockdogg has a brilliant futureSockdogg has a brilliant futureSockdogg has a brilliant futureSockdogg has a brilliant futureSockdogg has a brilliant futureSockdogg has a brilliant future

Woo-Hoo!

1) Provincial office where applied: Nova Scotia
2) Date when application was POSTED: August 29th 2007
3) Date when they recieved the application: August 29th 2007 (hand delivered by employer)
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them? none so far
5) Date when decision made or recieved? September 6th 2007
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted? Outside

Not sure exactly how they managed it but we had our positive LMO back from Nova Scotia HRSDC in just 1 week!

Have to have a think over the weekend about applying for work permit at POE or via London. I'm sure I dont need a medical but depends on exactly they define the healthcare positions, i'll be working in a genetic research lab role.

We were going to apply concurrently and expected to send the application form off tomorrow but had the LMO back so quickly.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 7:43 am
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sockdogg
Woo-Hoo!

1) Provincial office where applied: Nova Scotia
2) Date when application was POSTED: August 29th 2007
3) Date when they recieved the application: August 29th 2007 (hand delivered by employer)
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them? none so far
5) Date when decision made or recieved? September 6th 2007
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted? Outside

Not sure exactly how they managed it but we had our positive LMO back from Nova Scotia HRSDC in just 1 week!

Have to have a think over the weekend about applying for work permit at POE or via London. I'm sure I dont need a medical but depends on exactly they define the healthcare positions, i'll be working in a genetic research lab role.

We were going to apply concurrently and expected to send the application form off tomorrow but had the LMO back so quickly.
Brilliant news- I knew NS would be quick- but not that quick

Ho hum- 19 weeks today for us!
Gryph

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.