HRSDC LMO Timeline

Old Aug 31st 2007, 6:19 am
BE Enthusiast

RodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: HRSDC LMO Timeline

Originally Posted by Sockdogg
Didnt find out for definate as the company are FedEx-ing it over I thought I'd wait.

I think I read somewhere that someone got the employer to scan the documents as a pdf and then email them to the employee so they can be printed and posted.
Thanks

I'll find out if OHs employer intends to FedEx it or what they've done previously.

Rosie
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

Judeandandy has a brilliant futureJudeandandy has a brilliant futureJudeandandy has a brilliant futureJudeandandy has a brilliant futureJudeandandy has a brilliant futureJudeandandy has a brilliant futureJudeandandy has a brilliant future

Hi there

Checked the email at 1am on Sat morning - had an email from Andy's employer saying that the Canadian government had been in touch asking for a signed copy of the employment contract so it seems that they have started working on the LMO! At last!!

For those applying to Alberta, Andy's application went in about the 20th April.

Gryph, shouldn't be much longer!
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 2:10 pm

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Judeandandy
Hi there

Checked the email at 1am on Sat morning - had an email from Andy's employer saying that the Canadian government had been in touch asking for a signed copy of the employment contract so it seems that they have started working on the LMO! At last!!

Hi,

I have just shown your post to my OH who is also waiting his LMO but from Regina.

Does the Canadian Govt ask for this with all LMO's or jsut pot luck. WE have the contract but the employer said not to bother signing it and posting it back as they could do all that in person when OH starts job.

But if Govt are going to request this it would be better to have it done than have to waste time posting it from Northern Ireland and holding the process up by another two weeks.

Of course he, being a typical man, says they might not ask for it and if they do we will post it then. :curse:
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 3:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there

Wow fab news for you ! and everyone else on this list...................!!

Thanks for updating!
Gryph
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 3:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alvic
Hi,

I have just shown your post to my OH who is also waiting his LMO but from Regina.

Does the Canadian Govt ask for this with all LMO's or jsut pot luck. WE have the contract but the employer said not to bother signing it and posting it back as they could do all that in person when OH starts job.

But if Govt are going to request this it would be better to have it done than have to waste time posting it from Northern Ireland and holding the process up by another two weeks.

Of course he, being a typical man, says they might not ask for it and if they do we will post it then. :curse:
I thought they needed a signed copy of contract for LMO- we certainly sent one in - but I could be wrong! They just emailed one- OH signed and we pdfed it back

Gryph
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by gryphea
I thought they needed a signed copy of contract for LMO- we certainly sent one in - but I could be wrong! They just emailed one- OH signed and we pdfed it back

Gryph
Thanks Gryphea - I am going to make him sign it and post it to his employer tomorrow and at least that way they will have it.

Would it have to be an original, he was wanting to keep that to produce at POE for WP?
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

Judeandandy has a brilliant futureJudeandandy has a brilliant futureJudeandandy has a brilliant futureJudeandandy has a brilliant futureJudeandandy has a brilliant futureJudeandandy has a brilliant futureJudeandandy has a brilliant future

Hi again

I know, we are so excited, we are going to have to start getting organised!

Andy's boss just asked us to fax a signed copy of the contract back to him so I don't think the Govt needs an original copy. If they get back to us asking for one I'll let you know.

So hopefully the LMO shouldn't be much longer. We'll still have the wait for the work permit but the end is in sight. Andy has decided he wants to stay here until the end of October anyway as it is his mum's 60th and for the sake of a couple of weeks he doesn't want to miss it.

Gryph, what are you doing about booking flights... are you going to wait until you have the WP in your hand or are you booking beforehand and hoping for the best?
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 5:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi again

Andy's boss just asked us to fax a signed copy of the contract back to him so I don't think the Govt needs an original copy. If they get back to us asking for one I'll let you know.

So hopefully the LMO shouldn't be much longer. We'll still have the wait for the work permit but the end is in sight. Andy has decided he wants to stay here until the end of October anyway as it is his mum's 60th and for the sake of a couple of weeks he doesn't want to miss it.

Gryph, what are you doing about booking flights... are you going to wait until you have the WP in your hand or are you booking beforehand and hoping for the best?
We will book when we have a date, ie once LMO has arrived and once we have arranged a start date and handed notice in over here. We have applied concurrently for WP so we should get it within a couple of days of LMO, if not tehy have thrown out our application as it was over 90 days. If that is the case we will get it at airport!

Gryphea
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 7:33 pm

Hi again

Thanks for that...OH going to ring his employer tomorrow and sort it out.

In mans terms that actually means in about three weeks time after lots of nagging from wife
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

peachgary is an unknown quantity at this point

Yehaa! well after 12 weeks of waiting i have finely getting the email i have been waiting for my LMO for Alberta has came through.
My new boss is asking me if i have a fax machine so he can send it to me
but do i not need the original so i can send it off with my WP application and job offer or will a fax be fine.................................

I have the original job offer i got 12 weeks ago.........................

Last edited by peachgary; Sep 2nd 2007 at 8:24 pm.
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by peachgary
Yehaa! well after 12 weeks of waiting i have finely getting the email i have been waiting for my LMO for Alberta has came through.
but do i not need the original so i can send it off with my WP application and job offer or will a fax be fine.................................
Dont know the answer and cant wait to read it....but congratulations peachgary, that was quick, how come you got it in 12 weeks and the rest have een waiting 17 &18+ ?
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 6:41 am
BE Enthusiast

scottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Alvic
Dont know the answer and cant wait to read it....but congratulations peachgary, that was quick, how come you got it in 12 weeks and the rest have een waiting 17 &18+ ?
good question:curse:
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 8:39 am

terese677 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
I was sent the lmo by my employer which was emailed to be ( as an attachment) so it wasn't the original, and I took it to CHC and that was fine
Terese
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 9:19 am
BE Enthusiast

scottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant future

Congratulations! Any idea why your lmo was processed so fast?
Old Sep 4th 2007, 10:58 am
Forum Regular

peachgary is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scottandsara
Congratulations! Any idea why your lmo was processed so fast?
I'm not sure Scott he said he got a phone call about the situation and that
he resolved it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.